bcollin1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orangenblue420
    Would you, he has questioned my ability as a parent, threatened to call the authorities on me (though he denies it was a threat, though everyone that read it took it that way, not just me), and has called me a crack head (not in those words but implied that I did smack......)

Would you just sit by and let someone say these things about you????? Not to mention his general attitude stinks up this whole place. Its not just me, he has something going on with half the people here. He even admitted him and Jared got into it when he first came here (though they have gotten past it). He is an arrogant, pompous ass and as long as he continues to call me out, I will continue to respond. I may be being a little petty, immature and childish about this, and a lot of you may think I should just ignore him, but it aint gonna happen. If the mods tell me to shut up or I will get banned, then I will try my best to keep quiet, but for now the war rages on................
    gotta love that. me, i dont want either of you to stop. i think its interesting. as long as it doesnt get too personal, but even if it does, its only words on a computer. makes time go by a little bit faster as we wait for next year.

BTW, i sent you an e-mail, did you get it yet?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

bcollin1: Are you going to war or something?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
        Actually, I accused someone ELSE of the crack thing...it was rascal, your would-be caveman protector. But - given the reading comprehension prowess you've shown thus far - it certainly stands to reason that you'd screw that analysis up as well.

Then, just a few comments:
        1. You keep bringing up this "many people have the same opinion" defense, as though truth and democracy are synonymous. While we do believe that democracy is certainly the mode by which we'll run our country, by no means do we apply it to truth. And even if we did, you can't even get THAT attack right: it takes MORE THAN HALF to make a majority, not just half, as you described above.
        How many people believed that the universe was geocentric until Galileo came along?
        Would you be there at his trial, cursing him for blasphemy because everyone else believed that he was wrong?

2. Back to this "half the people here" thing for a second: if it's only half, then what is the other half doing? I have plenty of conversations with other people, and none of them seem to have the problem you do. Could it be that you're just a little unwilling to take ANY criticism about your comments regarding child-rearing, because of your particular situation?
        You've proven yourself to be an accomplished, if less-than-deep-thinking person. You continue to point out that I come across as a pompous ass, but you have no regard for the fact that you're making your OWN accomplishments less valuable. I KNOW who I am, and I KNOW I come off a certain way. Part of that is because most people don't think beyond their food dishes, and part of that is because I'm willing to SAY that they don't. But when I get into it with someone, the only person it hurts is me. I'm not setting an example for anyone but my cat for now, so if I come along and sound like a pompous windbag, who cares? I'm willing to admit it...it's a conscious choice.
        Truthfully, I'm quite sure that you're one of MILLIONS of people who walk away from people like me thinking "What a geek." You'd probably talk to Galileo the same way, because he had information which was beyond you.

3. Along the line of "information which is beyond you":
        How the HELL would you know anything about war??

I'd bet the closest you've been to a war is when your daughter was 2 and said "no" to you, or refused to go to her first day of school. You know squat about war, so - at least out of respect for all the men & women who made it possible for me to get out - keep your mouth shut about characterizing our little 'spat' as a war.

There ARE people willing to sacrifice their lives for something they believe in, but it's certainly not you and your "Save the Marijuana" campaign.
        So its OK to call anyone a crack head based on their comments on a football message board?????

Secondly, I know as much about war as you do about raising a 15 yr old daughter.

Again you say I TOLD someone how they should raise their kids. I DID NO SUCH THING!!!!!!!!!!

I will once again state what I said. I said the best thing you can do with a 15 yr old girl is love them........and again I ask you, how is that telling someone how to raise their kids?????????

Please, please, ANSWER that. Come on, I want to know how that is telling someone how to raise their kids?????

With all the BS you have spouted to me in the threads and PM's you have yet to explain that one.

And again, what the hell do you know about raising kids, you admitted you have none. You havent the slightest clue about what it takes to be a parent yet you tell me what I should be doing?????

If that isnt hypocritical, what is????

You claim I wouldnt know the first thing about war because I havent even come close to one (and that is based on your profound knowledge of me and my life right?), yet you are going to tell me about parenting when you havent even been close to being one.

And as far as the "war" thing goes, it's just a saying. In no way was I being disrespectful. War can stand for many things and there is such a thing as war of words, so again, BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you would take me up on my invitation to have an intelligent discussion about the MJ issue or if you would at least look into it yourself, you would see that there is more to it than just getting stoned. But why am I telling you that, you already know everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          as long as it doesnt get too personal
          And suggesting that a parent should have their kid removed isn't getting personal?
          Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Could it be that you're just a little unwilling to take ANY criticism about your comments regarding child-rearing, because of your particular situation?
            You are in no position to criticize her parenting abilities. If this directly affected you, which it doesn't because you aren't a family member, then and only then would you have the right to criticize her. You have never met her in person, nor seen how the raises her child, therefore, you have no credibility, which you love to defend by stating your past, in this situation. You are just a coward sitting at home being a jerk.

You too Cutler.

Comment

What's next?
              We'll go with the "hypocritical non-parent thing" I guess.
              Actually, we'll have to cover the "war vs. daughter" thing at the same time.

While you've never been in a war, I've BEEN a child who has been raised by a parent. I've sat at sea for YEARS listening to guys talk about their ideas on how to raise kids, and then I've listened to the coed discussion on the subject when I was invited to people's houses for dinner. On one side of my family, I have 3 cousins. On the other side, I have 18. All 21 are younger than I am, and I've listened to my aunts and uncles describe what they're doing parenting-wise since I was old enough to understand.
              So you have listened and talked about raising a child. I'm sure O&B420 has talked and listened about the war in Iraq and other wars. Seems like she as much as credibility about war as you do about raising a child then doesn't she?

And sorry, but I've done both (war and child raising) so I have room to talk unlike you about parent raising or O&B420 about war.

And since you have been to war, at least you claim to, I can say this and know you will agree with me. It is one thing to talk about war, but it is something completely different to actually engage in war and experience it. Well, the same can be said for raising a child.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Well this is it for me, I have a feeling we are all bringing down this place with all the BS, so I will make one final comment on it and leave it at that, regardless of what replies I get, I promise, even if he does insult me again.

1. I dont CONDONE smoking, I simply believe it should be legalized. I dont go around telling everyone they SHOULD but I do invite if I feel that they already do.

2. I think rascal summed up the whole raising children/being in war issue. Babysitting and hearing people talk about raising children isnt the same as raising them, period. There is no more room for arguement, you are not a parent so you have not experienced the DAILY struggles and decisions that come with being one. I have not been in a war or any situation that would even closely resemble and never want to be. I have the utmost admiration and respect for those who have (cause I have also HEARD tons of stories from friends and relatives that have been IN war and never ever want to have to experience such devastation, loss of life and tragedy.) It is something I could not even begin to fathom, though I have experienced death and suicide, I cant imagin being surrounded by it 24/7, not knowing when or if it will end and if I or the ones I love, will survive.
                And you may have been a CHILD at one point you were never a 15 yr old girl. It is worlds apart from being a 15 yr old boy. I have been one and I have raised one. It is one of the most difficult time in your life and this you cannot comprehend because you havent and will never experience it. Talk to several people that have had DAUGHTERS and ask them what the roughest times were. I can almost guarantee that they will tell you between the ages of 14-16.

3. What bothers me bcollin, and I have told you this several times and you continue to justify it, is that you are basing my whole person on the fact that at the age of 16 I decided to have sex with my boyfriend. It was over 16 years ago and you are basing my whole existence, my whole being, my whole personality on that ONE decision. But I will not continue to argue this point because you feel justified in doing so, so I will let that be.

4. Another thing that bothers me is you only attack certain parts of my responses. When I say something that is justified, backed by fact, or makes perfect sense, you just ignore it. But thats ok, whatever floats your boat (haha, thats pretty funny, and not at all meant to be derrogatory, I just realized the connection.....hehe)
                My thoughts on legalization are backed by FACTS and I will let that be also.

Again, I am sorry to everyone on the board for causing such a commotion. I still feel I had every right to defend myself. He has said some pretty nasty things to me and others here and continues to justify those statements because he feels that education and his life experiences give him the right to pass judgement on others....so be it.

(Please note that I did not spell/grammer check this post, so I will apologize now for any mistakes)
                Last edited by orangenblue420; 01-20-2004, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I won't go into length to summarize my fellings towards this ongoing "discussion" with bcollin, but I will no longer respond to anything he says either.

I'm sure he will come back and ridicule me but I don't care.

Just to make sure, welcome to my iggy list.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Oh for the love of god,

You are ALL sounding like 'gasbags" (an appropriate epithet from another thread) at this point.

I mean goodness, if you all dislike each other, great. Please explain why the other 99.99% of the members should care?

The very existence of this thread is childish. Who posts a thread to call someone out on a MESSAGE BOARD!? As if anyone cares?

Please, please, please stop this. Not ordering, I am asking. The lack of civility is appaling to me. I am not asking because I am lazy or don't want to edit posts, but because I just really see no place for it here.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      Oh for the love of god,

You are ALL sounding like 'gasbags" (an appropriate epithet from another thread) at this point.

I mean goodness, if you all dislike each other, great. Please explain why the other 99.99% of the members should care?

The very existence of this thread is childish. Who posts a thread to call someone out on a MESSAGE BOARD!? As if anyone cares?

Please, please, please stop this. Not ordering, I am asking. The lack of civility is appaling to me. I am not asking because I am lazy or don't want to edit posts, but because I just really see no place for it here.
                      Even though i know you didnt mean it, your post was kind of funny. I agree though, i think that the talking about where you live and inviting another person down to fight is a little too far. it shouold not be THAT serious over a message board. Its a testosterone and pride type thing.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I offered (MONTHS ago) to be a Mod, so that I could help these poor guys out. They say that it's too big a job to be able to handle with their resources, but when I offered to help, they refused.

For the record, that is not exactly a group decision.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                          Oh for the love of god,

This is the last time I discuss this, but as I said earlier, and even PM bcollin himself I am no longer discussing this. The only person that is continuing to discuss this are bcollin and others who are voicing their displeasure in the direction that this has gone, which is completely understandable.

I apologize to all of you that had to read the stupidity that has gone on between bcollin, O&B, and myself. I am not happy with the result of the discussion, but I understand that this needs to end. O&B has already stated her comments and has not responded to any further comments by myself, bcollin, or others. Again this is my last response to this ongoing discussion if it worthy to be called that.

I urge the rest of you to also let this die.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Die ! Die !
                            Originally posted by boltzpride619
                            What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                            True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I can't tell did bcollin just respond to me?

I imagine he insulted me in numerous ways. But I will let this die, because I was told to, not because I chose to.

You too Cutler.

Comment

I am a whiny-ass chicken-$hit

I wish I could stick my nose somewhere it had no business being, if you get my drift

Do you think the others would be entertained?

I miss you SO much.....I just wanna &*%$ you next time.
                                Well I will let you in on a little of what he is saying to you rascal, but be careful, its for adult eyes only............

Comment

Working...
                                X