It's only January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's only January

Lotta crazy stuff going on on this board these days. People arguing, getting b itchy, silly (but entertaining polls). And it's only January. I can hardly wait till May to see what interesting developments have come about. I can only wait for the draft and spring camps to get some real football news to talk about. In the meantime I'll just sit back and keep enjoying this extremely entertaining site.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Hey I resemble that remark...........

It is going to be in interseting off season on this BB for sure, but as long as we keep things under control, it should remain fun.....

I am so good at the self-control thing too, so if anyone needs advice I can TELL you what to do, just PM me and I will let you know how I maintain the utmost control over my emotions when coming to this board while being attacked by all the male chauvinist pigs that troll around here..........

joking, just joking................

Comment

Re: It's only January

Originally posted by pikman
      Lotta crazy stuff going on on this board these days. People arguing, getting b itchy, silly (but entertaining polls). And it's only January. I can hardly wait till May to see what interesting developments have come about. I can only wait for the draft and spring camps to get some real football news to talk about. In the meantime I'll just sit back and keep enjoying this extremely entertaining site.
      You'll keep coming back to see If I'm still alive!!!
      [QUOTE]
      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Re: Re: It's only January

Originally posted by dhall26
        You'll keep coming back to see If I'm still alive!!!
        I'll know instantly by the unmistakable odor of cheesy polls, Chiefs drivel, and just the right amount of sarcasm sprinkled everywhere.
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: Re: It's only January

I'll know instantly by the unmistakable odor of cheesy polls, Chiefs drivel, and just the right amount of sarcasm sprinkled everywhere.
          And you're life would fall apart without that Drivel heh?
          [QUOTE]
          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: It's only January

Originally posted by dhall26
            And you're life would fall apart without that Drivel heh?
            Without you on this board Dhall I might only visit during football season. I'm counting on you to keep me entertained throughout the offseason. I look forward to the exploits of our roving engineer as he travels the country professing the gospel of Gunther.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It's only January

Without you on this board Dhall I might only visit during football season. I'm counting on you to keep me entertained throughout the offseason. I look forward to the exploits of our roving engineer as he travels the country professing the gospel of Gunther.
              Thanks, but hopefully I shall not be traveling too much longer, looks like I might have a good job coming through a company in which, very little travel will be involved, I'll sit on my ass, design, and tell programmers what to do! Oh wait, I do that now!, but for less money!
              [QUOTE]

Comment

Re: It's only January

The off season seems to be a good time to get to know people better. Most of us have interests outside of football, and I'm intrigued to know what makes the rest of you guys tick (except dhall, he's got issues ). That's what I'm looking forward to.

Who knows? Maybe when Denver comes to Cincinnati next season, we can tailgate or hang out at the very least. I can't be the only one who's curious about what everyone looks like.

Until then, we have March Madness (which may be my favorite sports event), the April Draft, free agent signings, and a ton of other stuff to tide us over.

But if any of you want to start another knockdown, drag out, essay laden fight, feel free. It's very amusing and it makes the days go by faster.
                sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

This board is still fun to get on and everything but dont you all think its gotten a little dull lately. I mean I know for some of you its late where you are and you might be working tomorro but when the season was going on it was so much better. I cant wait till this next season comes. Right now theres like 5 people on if it were the middle of the season there would be like 25 people on.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
                    This board is still fun to get on and everything but dont you all think its gotten a little dull lately. I mean I know for some of you its late where you are and you might be working tomorro but when the season was going on it was so much better. I cant wait till this next season comes. Right now theres like 5 people on if it were the middle of the season there would be like 25 people on.
                    Good point but it's still fun to come and do some chattin about whatever.

Comment

Off season is a great time to get to know people. True the activity might be down a little bit, but there are still some of us out here!

Shameless plug coming up:

Even though it's not very crowded currently (I'm not even in there right now) the chatroom is always open for those of you that are still straggling around the board and can't really find anything to interest you, topic wise. You use the same name & password as you do on the boards.

Ohio--there will definatly be some tailgaters comin' up to Ohio for the Bungles game, once we know details of when the game is going to be, etc, I'll PM you for some more information about the area and to let you know more about our plans for trips this next year.

Comment

Yeah been there for a couple of games, one being the Corey Dillon rushing record, no fun leaving the stadium then walking to a parked a mile away.
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X