Who has plans to join the armed forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has plans to join the armed forces

CBS morning news from New York is doing a special segment/reality show from coast to coast, asking all the youngsters what prompted the decision to join up!
    You should've heard all the replies they got this morning, one kid said his entire familly fought him on his decision but he had t basically run away from home to follow his heart.
    It should be a pretty a good show, they also plan to talk to yopung men in the battle front and get their input, and if they'd still join up knowing everything they've already had to go through!
    Check www.cbs.com for schd.

i have plans to join the aarmed forces just not the AMERICAN ONE OBVIOUSLY,I MEAN THE IrISH ones of course
    SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
    Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

I'd join the armed forces, if I for some reason ever had the urge to die in a hellish explosion because the Canadian army is so poorly funded that our vehicles (land, sea, and air) have a habit of sinking or crashing.

Comment

do not feed the politicians!

my father was in the marines. he joined up because he was tired of people telling him what to do. lol, it didn't take him long to figure out what was wrong with that logic.
        if anyone here is thinking about it, i'd recommend not joining up. if you sign that line, they own you. no matter how dumb the politician telling you what to do is, you're going to have to do it (including risking your own neck/arms/legs for something that will actually make things worse for americans). if you want to contribute to the united states, stay home, get married and raise a good family. study history. the US is in more need of history majors/phds than it is cannon fodder for the politicians. plus, if the US ever actually is in a real danger of be invaded and taken over, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to pick up a gun.
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Are youn sure you werent the one telling him what to do! LOL j/k good post mattos!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
            Are youn sure you werent the one telling him what to do! LOL j/k good post mattos!
            thx. here's another thought that might deter: even if you're happy with the current politician-in-chief, join up now and you may well be taking orders from hilary clinton before your out!
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
              my father was in the marines. he joined up because he was tired of people telling him what to do. lol, it didn't take him long to figure out what was wrong with that logic.
              if anyone here is thinking about it, i'd recommend not joining up. if you sign that line, they own you. no matter how dumb the politician telling you what to do is, you're going to have to do it (including risking your own neck/arms/legs for something that will actually make things worse for americans). if you want to contribute to the united states, stay home, get married and raise a good family. study history. the US is in more need of history majors/phds than it is cannon fodder for the politicians. plus, if the US ever actually is in a real danger of be invaded and taken over, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to pick up a gun.
              Good post mattos.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                Good post mattos.

--- i would hope it would not take a history major/ phd to realize the sacrifices made by brave men and women of our country that have preserved our rights and freedoms ---
                --- The United States of America is the greatest nation, but not without a costly price tag ! ---
                --- the next time some of you have the opportunity, take a vacation to the third world nation of your choice, drive your rent-a-car with your favorite CD blaring --- start mouthing off about something that does not suit you --- just look at someone the wrong way --- or perhaps you get set-up --- that's all it takes ---
                --- too many folks take the USA for granted and have no appreciation for those who have paved the way before us ---
                --- enjoy your freedom and rights --- they have been earned by America's best !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

My Greatest regret in life
                  is not being able to serve my country
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                    i take this to mean you are sad you weren't in the military? if by "country" you mean government then i can see your point. however, if by "country" you mean the people who live here and the principles/beliefs/constitution of those people, then what makes you think you haven't served them? that is, assuming you haven't just been on welfare all your life, which i'm pretty sure you haven't.

consider the following: suppose you join the air force and become a pilot. hillary clinton, or, if you prefer, billy bush, is president. said president, as presidents have been known to do, is involved in some sort of scandal. in order to distract the people from the scandal you are ordered to go drop a bomb on some weapons/aspirin factory. is following that order serving your country? i would argue the opposite. you can "serve the country" as a civilian just as much as you can as a soldier.
                    sigpic
                    go broncos
                    share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                      i take this to mean you are sad you weren't in the military? if by "country" you mean government then i can see your point. however, if by "country" you mean the people who live here and the principles/beliefs/constitution of those people, then what makes you think you haven't served them? that is, assuming you haven't just been on welfare all your life, which i'm pretty sure you haven't.

consider the following: suppose you join the air force and become a pilot. hillary clinton, or, if you prefer, billy bush, is president. said president, as presidents have been known to do, is involved in some sort of scandal. in order to distract the people from the scandal you are ordered to go drop a bomb on some weapons/aspirin factory. is following that order serving your country? i would argue the opposite. you can "serve the country" as a civilian just as much as you can as a soldier.

Matts, I usually agree with most of your posts, but I strongly disagree with you on this one. Unless you have ever served ( not sure if you have ) how can you discourage anyone or incourage anyone to join or not. I mean, you are going off of a family members experience and not your own.

I joined the Navy at 19 after living my entire life saying I would never join the military. I did it for firefighting experience because that is what I wanted to do with my life as a civilian. The four years in the Navy were the best four years of my life. I saw the world, met my wife, lived in San Diego for 4 years, got great training and experience, was able to buy my first house with a VA loan, get paid $500.00 a month to go to college half time, and have met friends that I will have for life.

So I just say to someone thinking about joining, go Navy. I mean, you get paid the same as someone on the front lines and get better job opportunities while in. Its not just limited to infantry or a few others.

Comment

Serving my country was the best thing that I did for myself. I am damn proud of it and would recommend it to any person. Each and every person would benefit from serving.

I am sorry to hear some people saying not to join. Especially if that person has never served before. Never once did I give one fig about what someone's political agenda was. Never once did I feel used by a political figure to go to war to take heat off of them. The President is the Commander in Chief, but I didn't serve for him. I served for my country, for my family, for your family, for my friends and yours. Our country needs defending, and I am honored to be among the ones who chose to give back to the country that I love and the country that has allowed me to have such a blessed life.
                        Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho

--- arapaho --- you ARE serving our country ---
                          --- you have the courage to address issues which may seem uncomfortable for some of us to accept --- issues that many of us were previously unaware existed
                          --- you have the wisdom to open many eyes to reality, whether they like it or not --- what's real is real ! ---
                          --- you have the leadership to set an example, by which you teach the young ones the way of the right path in life ---
                          --- you have the honor of carrying on the culture of your ancestors ---

--- as Americans, we all have the duty and obligation to be forever vigilant --- we should report anything strange or unsual to Homeland Security, no matter how insignificant it may seem ---
                          --- September 11 will not be the last time terrorists mess with our turf !

--- stand proud arapaho --- no regrets ---
                          Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 10-15-2005, 12:54 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                            I strongly disagree with you on this one.
                            i'm not sure where we disagree - i will certainly admit that many people have good experiences in the military. however, there is a downside - my point is simply this:
                            (1) if you join the military you are agreeing to take orders from politicians.
                            (2) most politicans of both parties (A) are not very wise and (B) either know little about the constitution, or don't like the limits it places on their power (though these same people will claim they follow it always).
                            (3) as such, if you join the military you are placing yourself in a position where you will have to take orders that (A) may harm the united states and (B) are contrary to the constitution. (C) furthermore, by placing another gun in the hand of the whoever is the politician-in-chief at the time (i.e. offering yourself as another soldier), one emboldens said politician in their unwise and unconstitutional actions.
                            (4) and in response to arapaho's post, i made the point that it is just as possible to "serve your country" as a civilian as it is as a soldier.

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                            Unless you have ever served ( not sure if you have ) how can you discourage anyone or incourage anyone to join or not.
                            Originally posted by LDB
                            I am sorry to hear some people saying not to join. Especially if that person has never served before.
                            it's entirely reasonable for me to make my argument without having joined the military myself because my point is based on the history of politicians and our constitution, not on the personal experience of the individual soldier.
                            sigpic
                            go broncos
                            share the sidewalk

Comment

Working...
                            X