Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite sport(not including american football)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by muse
    Although the SH back play is slick, at the same time there's a lot of sloppiness. The best thing about NH rugby is that there's skill all round and that games aren't often sloppy (if they are 9/10 times it's down to the weather). It's just much more balanced and there seems to be a lot more down to how well the team gels, I like that.
    What Southern Hemisphere rugby have you been watching? Northern rugby is nothing but kicking, and [email protected] tackling! The idea of the game is to RUN the ball down field. If they want to kick the ball so bad they should play football/soccer.
    England invented rugby, and look how long it took you to get good at it! And even then you have no follow through from the World Cup. No World Cup winning country has such a bad losing record in the year after their win as England! You have 1 really good season of rugby, and you start handing out knighthoods! Give it a rest mate. England is still afriad of Jonah Lomu for crying out loud, and he's not even that big! (And I have met him, and he really isn't that big). My last 2 boyfriends in NZ were both 6'4" and weighed 100+ kilos, and they were white boys!

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws
    Give me fast, openstyle, high scoring exciting rugby any day over a low scoring defensive slugfest!
    Although the SH back play is slick, at the same time there's a lot of sloppiness. The best thing about NH rugby is that there's skill all round and that games aren't often sloppy (if they are 9/10 times it's down to the weather). It's just much more balanced and there seems to be a lot more down to how well the team gels, I like that.

Leave a comment:

• Alvise
    replied
    Sheer pleasure! Wales over England that's my own particular favourite, I would enjoy that one even if the score was 3-0!

Can't wait for the Wales v NZ friendly next month!
    U'll see it at millenium stadium? noooooooo, envy...

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Originally posted by Uula Bear
    that's for betting not an actual sport

I don't bet on them, I just enjoy the races and seeing if I can pick the winners just for fun.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by Alvise
    give me the scoring u prefer, but for my old heart give me an ALL BLACKS' win over wallabies or an ireland/wales' win against England at Twickenham. that's PLEASURE!
    Sheer pleasure! Wales over England that's my own particular favourite, I would enjoy that one even if the score was 3-0!

Can't wait for the Wales v NZ friendly next month!

Leave a comment:

• Alvise
    replied
    Give me fast, openstyle, high scoring exciting rugby any day over a low scoring defensive slugfest!
    give me the scoring u prefer, but for my old heart give me an ALL BLACKS' win over wallabies or an ireland/wales' win against England at Twickenham. that's PLEASURE!

Leave a comment:

• Alvise
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_f1
    Hey, have you seen the world cup? It is one of the greatest sporting events in the world. I can live without soccer, except when the World cup is on.

The NBA is awesome, too. I am a Denver Nuggets fan (a Denver homer as you can see)
    I'm italian, i grew up with soccer... and now with soccer in TV seven days on seven days I'm definetly bored.
    In my opinion if u love soccer, the better thing to see, behind the rivalry game with ur favorite team, is the champions league. the best teams and the beast players.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Originally posted by muse
    Oh gaelic football is great! It's like a cross between rugby and football (I'm pretty sure). Not watched it much, but it reminds me of Aussie rules (except it actually has a point).

I'm not a big fan of SH rugby to be honest, I've always preferred hard defensive styles of the NH. The Guinness Premiership is so much more exciting than the Super 12 because there's great defensive work! I swear that every S12 score comes as a result of poor tackling, not from great forward play etc.

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Originally posted by frenchfan
    Soccer but I like so much sports : F1, Tennis, Volleyball, WRC.... etc...

ps : Alan, what is gaelic football ?
    Oh gaelic football is great! It's like a cross between rugby and football (I'm pretty sure). Not watched it much, but it reminds me of Aussie rules (except it actually has a point).

I'm not a big fan of SH rugby to be honest, I've always preferred hard defensive styles of the NH. The Guinness Premiership is so much more exciting than the Super 12 because there's great defensive work! I swear that every S12 score comes as a result of poor tackling, not from great forward play etc.

Leave a comment:

• frenchfan
    replied
    Originally posted by alan
    mine out fof these would be other .maybe gaelic football.

i do love rugby aswell though
    Soccer but I like so much sports : F1, Tennis, Volleyball, WRC.... etc...

ps : Alan, what is gaelic football ?

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_f1
    replied
    Originally posted by Alvise
    Wait! Many of you have, sorry, live with NFL, NBA, NCAAB, NCAAF every time u want and do you love soccer? it's hard to understand...
    To play perhaps, to watch no way.... normally it's boring, sometimes is great but sometimes.
    Hey, have you seen the world cup? It is one of the greatest sporting events in the world. I can live without soccer, except when the World cup is on.

The NBA is awesome, too. I am a Denver Nuggets fan (a Denver homer as you can see)

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by Uula Bear
    You obviously have never ridden a racehorse!

RUGBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You want hard sports, watch the All Blacks vs Australia! That's hard core!

And as Muse says, NZ means New Zealand, not (as someone once asked) somewhere near Nevada!

Leave a comment:

• Alvise
    replied
    Wait! Many of you have, sorry, live with NFL, NBA, NCAAB, NCAAF every time u want and do you love soccer? it's hard to understand...
    To play perhaps, to watch no way.... normally it's boring, sometimes is great but sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Uula Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by JoviBronco
    Horse racing

Baseball is the greatest sport ever invented.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos04Champs
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    Women's Tennis.

Women's tennis might be the hottest sport on tv.
    I like when they do that grunting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X