Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite sport(not including american football)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by frenchfan
    Soccer but I like so much sports : F1, Tennis, Volleyball, WRC.... etc...

    ps : Alan, what is gaelic football ?
    Oh gaelic football is great! It's like a cross between rugby and football (I'm pretty sure). Not watched it much, but it reminds me of Aussie rules (except it actually has a point).

    I'm not a big fan of SH rugby to be honest, I've always preferred hard defensive styles of the NH. The Guinness Premiership is so much more exciting than the Super 12 because there's great defensive work! I swear that every S12 score comes as a result of poor tackling, not from great forward play etc.
    sigpic

    Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

    Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by muse
      Oh gaelic football is great! It's like a cross between rugby and football (I'm pretty sure). Not watched it much, but it reminds me of Aussie rules (except it actually has a point).

      I'm not a big fan of SH rugby to be honest, I've always preferred hard defensive styles of the NH. The Guinness Premiership is so much more exciting than the Super 12 because there's great defensive work! I swear that every S12 score comes as a result of poor tackling, not from great forward play etc.
      Give me fast, openstyle, high scoring exciting rugby any day over a low scoring defensive slugfest!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Bronco_f1
        Hey, have you seen the world cup? It is one of the greatest sporting events in the world. I can live without soccer, except when the World cup is on.

        The NBA is awesome, too. I am a Denver Nuggets fan (a Denver homer as you can see)
        I'm italian, i grew up with soccer... and now with soccer in TV seven days on seven days I'm definetly bored.
        In my opinion if u love soccer, the better thing to see, behind the rivalry game with ur favorite team, is the champions league. the best teams and the beast players.
        Don't judge my english, but my thoughts.

        SNK16 is an artist...

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Jaws
          Give me fast, openstyle, high scoring exciting rugby any day over a low scoring defensive slugfest!
          give me the scoring u prefer, but for my old heart give me an ALL BLACKS' win over wallabies or an ireland/wales' win against England at Twickenham. that's PLEASURE!
          Don't judge my english, but my thoughts.

          SNK16 is an artist...

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Alvise
            give me the scoring u prefer, but for my old heart give me an ALL BLACKS' win over wallabies or an ireland/wales' win against England at Twickenham. that's PLEASURE!
            Sheer pleasure! Wales over England that's my own particular favourite, I would enjoy that one even if the score was 3-0!

            Can't wait for the Wales v NZ friendly next month!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Uula Bear
              that's for betting not an actual sport

              .
              I don't bet on them, I just enjoy the races and seeing if I can pick the winners just for fun.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jaws
                Sheer pleasure! Wales over England that's my own particular favourite, I would enjoy that one even if the score was 3-0!

                Can't wait for the Wales v NZ friendly next month!
                U'll see it at millenium stadium? noooooooo, envy...
                Don't judge my english, but my thoughts.

                SNK16 is an artist...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Jaws
                  Give me fast, openstyle, high scoring exciting rugby any day over a low scoring defensive slugfest!
                  Although the SH back play is slick, at the same time there's a lot of sloppiness. The best thing about NH rugby is that there's skill all round and that games aren't often sloppy (if they are 9/10 times it's down to the weather). It's just much more balanced and there seems to be a lot more down to how well the team gels, I like that.
                  sigpic

                  Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                  Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by muse
                    Although the SH back play is slick, at the same time there's a lot of sloppiness. The best thing about NH rugby is that there's skill all round and that games aren't often sloppy (if they are 9/10 times it's down to the weather). It's just much more balanced and there seems to be a lot more down to how well the team gels, I like that.
                    What Southern Hemisphere rugby have you been watching? Northern rugby is nothing but kicking, and [email protected] tackling! The idea of the game is to RUN the ball down field. If they want to kick the ball so bad they should play football/soccer.
                    England invented rugby, and look how long it took you to get good at it! And even then you have no follow through from the World Cup. No World Cup winning country has such a bad losing record in the year after their win as England! You have 1 really good season of rugby, and you start handing out knighthoods! Give it a rest mate. England is still afriad of Jonah Lomu for crying out loud, and he's not even that big! (And I have met him, and he really isn't that big). My last 2 boyfriends in NZ were both 6'4" and weighed 100+ kilos, and they were white boys!
                    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                    I adopted Skywalker

                    I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Probably Baseball or Basketball. One or the other for playing.

                      For watching Basketball, I can't sit through 9 innings of baseball.

                      sigpic

                      Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

                      There are three things you can expect in life:

                      1. Death
                      2. Taxes
                      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        College basketball by far.


                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Well, that just takes it all away don't it?

                          No sports for me other than football.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                          The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            hockey. no question. it comes in a definite tie for first with football. here is how much i love hockey. last night, the avs were playin so i had my walkman with me to listen to the game while we t-p'd our band room for the state competition ( tradition, dont ask). any ways, im listenin to the game, when my girlfriend calls me up. well, its in the middle of the 2nd period, so i dont wanna miss the game, were still t-p'ing, cant skip that, and of course i would never hang up on my girlfriend. so i take one headfone out, put my cell up to the other ear, and keep throwin the rolls into the rafters while talking to her. i accidently screamed out when hejduk scored, but otherwise, i was multitasking fairly well. anyways the point of that story was to say that i love hockey, and also to say how awesome i am at doing too many things at once lol!
                            Any coach who listens to fans is going to be sitting with them pretty soon. - Bobby Bowden

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by alan
                              mine out fof these would be other .maybe gaelic football.

                              i do love rugby aswell though
                              I love it too, Alan, I played in college. (In America no less)
                              Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Something especially for Jaws!

                                http://www.frozenreality.co.uk/comic...dex.php?id=158
                                President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                                formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                                I adopted Skywalker

                                I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X