I salute the people who work Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I salute the people who work Customer Service

I really do, no joke. I can't believe you have so much patience to deal with disgruntled, irritable, and downright rude people. You retain your happy face and you continue on with the utmost respect. Even if you are phased by their acts of annoyance, you don't show it until you are in private, which is the right way.

I often found myslef blowing up on people who were disrespectful and had to depart (quit) my customer service job. To this day I'm amazed, you properly deal with a problem that I would have dealt with by yelling.

Maybe I'll learn someday, but until then, keep up the good work.

In all seriousness

- Oak
    School kills, at least I'll die smart........

By the way, for people of low IQs: I'm a Raider fan. You'd think the name was a big clue.....

Two things I love in this world: Calculus and Asian women.

Originally posted by Oak
    I really do, no joke. I can't believe you have so much patience to deal with disgruntled, irritable, and downright rude people. You retain your happy face and you continue on with the utmost respect. Even if you are phased by their acts of annoyance, you don't show it until you are in private, which is the right way.

I often found myslef blowing up on people who were disrespectful and had to depart (quit) my customer service job. To this day I'm amazed, you properly deal with a problem that I would have dealt with by yelling.

Maybe I'll learn someday, but until then, keep up the good work.

In all seriousness

- Oak
    this sounds soo sarcastic, but i know what you mean.

i was a cashier at a grocery store when i was in high school. people would walk all over you cause they had a ten cent coupon that didnt match what they were buying.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silver_black
      this sounds soo sarcastic, but i know what you mean.

i was a cashier at a grocery store when i was in high school. people would walk all over you cause they had a ten cent coupon that didnt match what they were buying.
      I wasn't being sarcastic, it sure sounds like it though.

Things that really tick me off are the ones who get in my face and claim that the transaction was incorrect. I have to hold the reciept and go down every single item and prove that I was right. This whole process wastes 25 minutes and now there are grumpy people behind the line.

I also hate people who, when I'm in the middle of ringing up their items, will wander off and get more things. So now I'm stuck with this person's transaction while others are waiting and she's taking her own damn sweet time. I nearly hit the roof once she came back.

It's those things that amaze how some of the clerks handle it calmly while I'm getting ready to beat someone's face in, not that I would really do it but sometimes I think about it.

By the way, for people of low IQs: I'm a Raider fan. You'd think the name was a big clue.....

Comment

Yep. Same thing with servers (waiters/waitresses). I could never be a server. I just couldn't put up with the crap they have to deal with. Hmm...same with teachers.
        Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Well, from those of us in the Hospitality (Hotel) Industry, Thanks!

Believe me, we get a bunch of the same stuff

Comment

This is off-topic but you don't owe me a CP Oak. I voted after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Invesco
              This is off-topic but you don't owe me a CP Oak. I voted after the game.
              Yea, here it is. Sorry, I got off-topic myself.

Comment

I have the ultimate customer service job in being a 911 dispatcher. You have no idea of what I have to put up with and the kind of people I have to deal with.

9 times out of 10 its knuckleheads who want to get mad at me. If I didn't have a recorded line and wouldn't end up on 20/20 then I would totally go off on people.

Comment

I have an what's it like idea and I agree!

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                  I have the ultimate customer service job in being a 911 dispatcher. You have no idea of what I have to put up with and the kind of people I have to deal with.

9 times out of 10 its knuckleheads who want to get mad at me. If I didn't have a recorded line and wouldn't end up on 20/20 then I would totally go off on people.

Been there done that, also worked on the Ambulance so have been on both sides of the coin. Can be frustrating.
                  Also we live in a Wildlife station thus have to put up with lots of tourists.

Comment

Originally posted by Oak
                    Yea, here it is. Sorry, I got off-topic myself.

No, no. I mean I DONT get one. I voted after the game!

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Thanks for that Oak! I've worked Customer service in a number of industries, and my god some people suck the big one!
                      One of the worst I ever had was while working for an online Poker site, and there was one woman who would write in every week wondering why she hadn't won this particular hand in Omaha Hi-Lo.
                      Every week I had to repeat that the rules clearly stated that you can only use 2 of your 4 pocket cards, EVER! And she wrote in every damned week!
                      And then there was the guy who kept trying to get bonus money and when we finally told him to stop asking he said he was going to play with an American site. I took great pleasure in advising him that there are NO American online gaming sites, so Good Luck with that!
                      You get so much more abuse from people when you deal with them over the phone, and what I used to do, was mute the call, swear my head off, and then pick up again and speak calmly! Works every time!
                      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
                        Yep. Same thing with servers (waiters/waitresses). I could never be a server. I just couldn't put up with the crap they have to deal with. Hmm...same with teachers.
                        That's when the waiters pee in the food.....

Never mess with the people who serve you food....

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                        2. Taxes
                        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by LDB

I don't know why, but I actually want to be a teacher.

Comment

I work in customer service, hospitality. I talk to a lot of disrespectful people but I have learned to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X