• Show
Clear All

Here's the latest...
    My other love...
    sigpic
    305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

My '92 Camaro
      I have put 5g's in this car and have owned it for 6 months.
      Everything under the car is Spoon, except for the springs there Eibach.
      Rebuilt trans with all the goodies.
      3" no cat w/Flowmaster.
      My next mod is a 3.73 gear and headers, to be followed by fresh paint.
      http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69...Picture012.jpg

Comment

http://www.highoctane.co.nz/

That's a website of my friends. Him and some mates back in NZ have been doing video/DVD of tweaking of the vehicles for a few years. Very cool DVD's, and has tips for all sorts of work you can do.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Latest and greatest...

This one was real easy. I had some leftover chrome paint from doing my headlights so I figured I'd paint the grill to match.

*Notice the license plate
          My other love...
          sigpic

Comment

Well I finally decided to do a performance mod.

I installed an Injen Short Ram Intake this weekend, and am very happy with the results (both sound and increase in HP).

Here's the finished product.
            My other love...
            sigpic

Comment

This is the offical ricer thread?

http://hondayo.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Although some of you think that people who do any work on their cars are ricers, there are also a few that actually know what they're talking about. There's a fine line between auto enthusiasts and ricers...but in reality that line is different in everyone's opinions. So, here's the latest pics of my ride:

My other love...
                sigpic

Comment

I've been looking for an old Nissan 300Z Twin Turbo in good condition.

I'd like to have it before next summer.

If I get one, I want it to look mostly stock. I might have it lowered just a tad with bigger wheels that look similair to the stock design.

Comment

You gonna do any work to the engine?
                    My other love...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker
                      Although some of you think that people who do any work on their cars are ricers, there are also a few that actually know what they're talking about. There's a fine line between auto enthusiasts and ricers...but in reality that line is different in everyone's opinions. So, here's the latest pics of my ride:
                      Well, I am not doing my mods myself, as I don't have the time or tools, but I am having a fair number of mods done to my Subaru Forester XT (turbo model) next week.

Here is my list for next week:
                      Accessport 2 (reprograms the ECU - engine management - to increase HP/torque)
                      Cobb 304 Uppipe
                      Cobb Downpipe + catback exhaust w/cat
                      Cobb heatshield $50

Hawk brake pads
                      raided brake lines & high temp fluid

Cobb front/rear sway bar kit.
                      Forester SIT Springs w/ factory struts (will lower car 1" and provide better handling)
                      Smoke tail light covers
                      OZ Superturismo GT 17" x 7.5" wheels (16"x6" is stock)
                      Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position in 235/50ZR17 (Utlra high performance ZR rated all season tires to go with new wheels)

The new exhaust and chip reprogram should give me at least a 35hp increase. The company estimates that it will bump flywheel HP up to 285 and Torque to around 315 (this Subaru model is a bit wierd in that torque is quite a bit above HP in stock config).
                      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

You gonna do any work to the engine?

Maybe intake , exhaust and chip but I can't see it going much furthur than that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                          Maybe intake , exhaust and chip but I can't see it going much furthur than that.
                          Yeah, with a stock twin turbo not much more is needed. I've done small work to the engine but over time I'd like to beef it up a bit more. Unfortunately it takes quite a bit of money to make Tiburons fast (or at least as fast as I'd want it), but it's got enough pickup for now and I'm happy with the looks as well...although there's always more in store.

tnedator - I'm not too big on the looks of Subaru's, but I am jealous as to the engines in them...they definitely blow a lot of other cars out of the water when it comes to that.
                          My other love...
                          sigpic

Comment

tnedator - I'm not too big on the looks of Subaru's, but I am jealous as to the engines in them...they definitely blow a lot of other cars out of the water when it comes to that.
                            I agree on the looks. I like the engines (turbo models, non turbos are way underpowered) and the AWD system.

I had thought about doing some cosmetic changes now (lip kit all around or other aero kit and bigger STI hood scoop), but decided I was more interested in boosting the performance and the dollars were starting to get up there.

With these mods, I should have engine performance in line with a stock STI (except I am on an Auto tranny which robs some power) and the suspension mods and wheels/tires should give me handling at least as good as a non STI WRX.

I'm much more interested in the performance than the looks, which is why I went this route, and am sinking quite a few dollars into the Subaru. Should be fun to drive once I am done. I might even start hitting the AutoX circuit when it starts back up in spring.
                            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Very nice...if I had the money I'd definitely be more interested in the performance aspects too. Fortunately all of the stuff I've done myself so that saves a lot of money, but when it comes to engine upgrades there's a lot more involved so I'm hesitant to just dive in with a big project.

It's great though because changing out some stock parts on vehicles makes it new to you all over again. I've had my car for about 15 months now but I'm more excited about it today than the day I drove it home.

Good luck with all your mods!
                              My other love...
                              sigpic

Comment

Car looks great CT.

Comment

Working...
                                X