No announcement yet.

Rugby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and I forgot to mention I met Sonny Parker one weekend, when Pontypridd came to Galway to play Connacht. I was in this nightclub and spotted this tall brown guy, and thought "He is so not from Ireland". So I goes over, and says "Kia Ora Bro!"
    So funny the look on his face realising he'd been spotted by a fellow Kiwi! He was trying to spin me a line about being from Auckland, but I got him to admit that he's from Te Rau!
    He introduced me to some of his teammates, and one of them had such a strong Welsh accent that he was speaking to me for 30 minutes and I only understood 4 words, and apparently he was speaking English the whole time!
    I also scored one of the players, but that's a whole other story!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
      Oh, and I forgot to mention I met Sonny Parker one weekend, when Pontypridd came to Galway to play Connacht. I was in this nightclub and spotted this tall brown guy, and thought "He is so not from Ireland". So I goes over, and says "Kia Ora Bro!"
      So funny the look on his face realising he'd been spotted by a fellow Kiwi! He was trying to spin me a line about being from Auckland, but I got him to admit that he's from Te Rau!
      He introduced me to some of his teammates, and one of them had such a strong Welsh accent that he was speaking to me for 30 minutes and I only understood 4 words, and apparently he was speaking English the whole time!
      I also scored one of the players, but that's a whole other story!
      He's another good looking one too. Lucky you meeting him, or lucky he meeting you!

Lol @ the welsh guy, it can take quite a while to tune in to the accent at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
        He's another good looking one too. Lucky you meeting him, or lucky he meeting you!

Lol @ the welsh guy, it can take quite a while to tune in to the accent at times.
        Yep, that's a tricky language you got there! The guy I scored was fine to talk to, but my mate also scored one of the guys, and his accent was so strong, she couldn't make out his name, and so has no idea who he is! He left his cellphone at hers, and she couldn't even return it, cos she didn't know who he was!
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Working...
        X