Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado HS Football Playoffs (4A)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colorado HS Football Playoffs (4A)

    Well, there's a "College Football" forum and an "Other NFL Teams" forum, but no HS Football forum so I'm posting this here.

    Specifically, I'd like to know if anybody has any information on Littleton and Adams City. I'm connected loosely with the two teams (Montrose & GJ) that will face those two programs this coming weekend in the opening round.

    Just to discuss and gain insight. I'm not connected enough to have an impact so if there are players, parents or coaches out there you don't have to worry. Call it a personal interest scouting mission.

    There are no common opponents for either match-up so trying to figure these out is a little tough.

    Anybody?

    Winter is Coming!

  • #2
    Anyone?

    Anyone from Littleton or Commerce City? Or, someone from Denver metro with knowledge of these teams?

    I don't know. Maybe this is futile; both within this forum or possibly even on this board altogether. I have a feeling that there are people in GD that might help, but I won't crash that party with this.

    Oh well... bump and hope, bump and hope.
    Winter is Coming!

    Comment


    • #3
      Ill bump again, and just state that my alma mater had a bad year after my class departed. They at least beat Rampart this last week. (Mitchell is the school, form CO Springs)

      We played Montrose last year, and you guys were tough, but young. this year, they blew Mitchell out.
      sigpic

      I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by draco193
        Ill bump again, and just state that my alma mater had a bad year after my class departed. They at least beat Rampart this last week. (Mitchell is the school, form CO Springs)

        We played Montrose last year, and you guys were tough, but young. this year, they blew Mitchell out.
        Thanks, draco!

        New coach, new year, first time in the playoffs in 14 years. Montrose won twice as many games this year as they have in the last four years.... combined! Pretty sad, but it looks like they may have turned the corner. I remember Mitchell having a great program so I was kind of surprised with the outcome this year.

        Thanks again!
        Winter is Coming!

        Comment


        • #5
          http://stats.rockypreps.com/sport/fo...ys&SportID=FTB



          Theres the season stats for Littelton. They look pretty good, one of the pages you can go to has their wins and losses, with scores. They are an offensive machine. Ill wish Montrose some luck against them.


          http://stats.rockypreps.com/sport/fo...ys&SportID=FTB

          And heres Adams city. They look like an easier match.

          Mitchell has had problems getting their athletes to come out and play. Its been that way for a few years now. there are people that can run a 4.3 forty, but would rather just go home and play xbox. its a problem there.
          Last edited by draco193; 11-08-2005, 11:22 AM.
          sigpic

          I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

          Comment


          • #6
            It sounds as if Mitchell is going through what Montrose went through the past decade or so. The talent is there - they've just been playing soccer, et al (and xbox too, I imagine... lol )

            Of course, the youngsters see the high school team losing and want no part of it when they get there so it becomes an unstoppable downward spiral.

            Without knowing too much about Littleton I'd have to say that Montrose has a tough task ahead of them. Montrose is one of the smallest 4A schools and they've been playing well above their heads most of the season (thanks mostly to the new coach, imo).

            That being said I think they'll fair better than Adams City will against GJ. GJ is the real deal. They're big, fast, deep, aggressive, and well coached. That score will be something like 56-0 (or worse). Barring an upset I see ThunderRidge and GJ facing off at Invesco for the title.

            Winter is Coming!

            Comment


            • #7
              I watched a High School football game this weekend featuring the winningest HS football coach in the country. Which game did I go to?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Perry1977
                I watched a High School football game this weekend featuring the winningest HS football coach in the country. Which game did I go to?
                Colleton County @ Summerville?

                I had to look it up, of course.

                510 wins, 120 losses and 13 ties

                Wow! That's impressive. More wins than any coach at any level!!!
                Winter is Coming!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                  It sounds as if Mitchell is going through what Montrose went through the past decade or so. The talent is there - they've just been playing soccer, et al (and xbox too, I imagine... lol )

                  Of course, the youngsters see the high school team losing and want no part of it when they get there so it becomes an unstoppable downward spiral.

                  I have to agree with you on this one.I graduated from Mitchell in 91' and I feel that was the start of the decline in their football program.Actually I think it started after the class of 90' graduated.I remember that being the year Bernie Legget signed with Michigan.


                  KICKERS : THE UNSUNG HEREOS OF THE GAME!!
                  sig.by Snk16

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    scared to ask but......

                    How is Air Academy High doing?(or not doing maybe)

                    I graduated from them 1975.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JoviBronco
                      How is Air Academy High doing?(or not doing maybe)

                      I graduated from them 1975.
                      http://stats.rockypreps.com/sport/fo...ys&SportID=FTB

                      4-6 Overall, 3-5 Conference

                      The Foothills Conference was pretty tough this year with two quality teams at the top: Pueblo South and Wasson. *boo* *hiss hiss*
                      Winter is Coming!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                        Colleton County @ Summerville?

                        I had to look it up, of course.

                        510 wins, 120 losses and 13 ties

                        Wow! That's impressive. More wins than any coach at any level!!!

                        Yup!!! Great research. The Summerville "Green Wave." I think the only thing that limits the team's roster is the fact that the jersey numbers can only go through 99.

                        The kicker hit a 46-yard field goal, which was quite impressive for a high schooler. Also, they have one standout player on that team, A.J. Green, I think his name is. He's a receiver, and a man among boys.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                          http://stats.rockypreps.com/sport/fo...ys&SportID=FTB

                          4-6 Overall, 3-5 Conference

                          The Foothills Conference was pretty tough this year with two quality teams at the top: Pueblo South and Wasson. *boo* *hiss hiss*
                          Thanks for the info.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JoviBronco
                            Thanks for the info.
                            You're welcome, Jovi. I just wish I had better news for you.

                            There's a decent website that contains scores, rankings, interviews, etc. for all of Colorado Prep sports - if anybody is interested.

                            http://www.coloradopreps.com

                            They even have a forum...
                            Winter is Coming!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X