Any Formula 1 fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Formula 1 fans here?

Maybe I'll get lucky and find some F1 fans here. There aren't really many in the US, but there are a lot in Europe (mainly), Australia and Latin America

:salute:

what?lol...........

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Used to be...........

I used to follow Nikki Lauda years ago.

In another life, that would have been the career of choice for me. A Formula One driver. Too old now..........................

Comment

Yup I like it and I know there are one or two others here who like it too. Who's your favourite driver?

Comment

Yup have been for my entire life.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

My daughter is 5 so she drinks regular milk now.

She use to drink the Infamil formula and breat milk......Just kidding.......I know you are talking about racing cars.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

yep,i like ferrari but believe me im not a bandwagon fan,ive followed formula one all my life,i of course bled for jordan aswell,but now..................................there gone
              SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
              Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

whats scary Alan, I can still remember some of the races from the year you were born, clearly. god I'm old
                "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I used to really like F1, but this year has probably been the best for 3/4 years. The last couple had turned into pretty poor processions punctuated by staged finishes. To be honest, the contemp at times with which Ferrari have treated the sportsmanship aspect of it have really put me off, and I'm not trying to take anything away from their technical excellence, or Schumacher's ability.

Hopefully the sport is begining to recover from this now, although the Indy debacle set it back again.

To the US fans, how large an affect will the tyre ****-up at Indy have on F1 in the US? What should have been done?
                  The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                  BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                  You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                    I used to really like F1, but this year has probably been the best for 3/4 years. The last couple had turned into pretty poor processions punctuated by staged finishes. To be honest, the contemp at times with which Ferrari have treated the sportsmanship aspect of it have really put me off, and I'm not trying to take anything away from their technical excellence, or Schumacher's ability.

Hopefully the sport is begining to recover from this now, although the Indy debacle set it back again.

To the US fans, how large an affect will the tyre ****-up at Indy have on F1 in the US? What should have been done?
                    Hi Den21.
                    To be honest with you from just a fans point of view the Indy farce wont have a huge effect. The USGP has never been that popular anyway. The drivers dont like it the tv audience dont like it and the fan in the stands dont like it. The design of the infield course Is not only too easy, but poorly designed for F1 cars. Many better circuits in the US, which I see being used once the current agreement runs out. Ironically it has been a major factor in why tyre changes will begin again next year. Michelin can whine about it all they want, but its their own fault for screwing up there.
                    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                      Ironically it has been a major factor in why tyre changes will begin again next year. Michelin can whine about it all they want, but its their own fault for screwing up there.
                      I could be wrong here (it has been known once in a blue moon ), but don't Bridgestone supply tyres for the Indycars? If so, with the reduceded testing, that had to give them a huge advantage in that they were familiar with the circuit.

You'll Never Walk Alone

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Comment

I could be wrong here (it has been known once in a blue moon ), but don't Bridgestone supply tyres for the Indycars? If so, with the reduceded testing, that had to give them a huge advantage in that they were familiar with the circuit.
                        Their parent comany do yes. Both Michelin and Bridgestone were well aware of the Circuit having been there quite a few teams. There was no excuse for what happened. The fact they tried to change the circuit and rules to suit them only proved that, they knew full well the FIA couldn't change the layout of the track, so they did what they did to make the FIA and Bridgestone look bad. And now they will have to step-up next year. Bridgestone will have 5 teams running their tyres, so now its not just Ferrari who have to test them. I see a long year for the non-ferrari teams The prancing horse and Schumacher will be back with a bang. On the plus side the constructors title will be up for grabs as Massa Is not a good driver, And I see a situation simmilar to this year with Renault and the title going down to the wire.
                        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                          Their parent comany do yes. Both Michelin and Bridgestone were well aware of the Circuit having been there quite a few teams. There was no excuse for what happened. The fact they tried to change the circuit and rules to suit them only proved that, they knew full well the FIA couldn't change the layout of the track, so they did what they did to make the FIA and Bridgestone look bad. And now they will have to step-up next year. Bridgestone will have 5 teams running their tyres, so now its not just Ferrari who have to test them. I see a long year for the non-ferrari teams The prancing horse and Schumacher will be back with a bang. On the plus side the constructors title will be up for grabs as Massa Is not a good driver, And I see a situation simmilar to this year with Renault and the title going down to the wire.
                          I hope we have anothjer good year, the sport needs it.

Have you seen any of this, is A1 racing? Any good?

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

I hope we have anothjer good year, the sport needs it.

Have you seen any of this, is A1 racing? Any good?
                            Its ok. I suggest the GP masters series it starts on the BBC tomorrow lunchtime. Murray Walker is back in the commentary booth for the races. Well worth tuning it.
                            Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I've followed McLaren for quite a while now. The last few seasons have been bleh, but this last one was good. If Raikkonen were just a tadge luckier, he would've probably won it. But props to Renault, they really did well this year.

KIMI F0R T3H W1N!!!1111
                              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                              X