Any Formula 1 fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaws
    Yup I like it and I know there are one or two others here who like it too. Who's your favourite driver?
    I'm sure glad that there are so many F1 fans here, now I don't feel so alone following it here in the US (The only F1 fans I met were foreigners). My favorite team is McLaren and my favorite driver is Montoya, but I don't mind if Raikonnen wins.

They got very close last year, but Renault won at the end. Hope this year they win both championships

:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
      I used to really like F1, but this year has probably been the best for 3/4 years. The last couple had turned into pretty poor processions punctuated by staged finishes. To be honest, the contemp at times with which Ferrari have treated the sportsmanship aspect of it have really put me off, and I'm not trying to take anything away from their technical excellence, or Schumacher's ability.

Hopefully the sport is begining to recover from this now, although the Indy debacle set it back again.

To the US fans, how large an affect will the tyre ****-up at Indy have on F1 in the US? What should have been done?
      Yeah, two seasons ago it was all Ferrari and I stopped seeing it when they already won the title that early. But last season was a close one, with a lot of drama, especially from McLaren (which I follow), and kept me on my seat all season long.

It bothered me the Indy situation, it was dumb. I was planning to go this year if I had enough time, but fortunately I didn't. Probably next year they will make up for it, or probably they will move the race again, because I don't think many fans are going to want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
        I am a huge F1 fan. And have been one for almost 20 years.
        That’s my second passion after football. I never miss a race, and always watch them live (a lot of sleepless nights).
        Last season was one of the best ever IMO and was even more exciting after the previous kinda’ boring campaign.
        I also try to make it a habit to go to the Indy race (missed it this year, lucky me)

Next season is just around the corner (well, almost 3/12/06) and it will be very interesting to see how the new rules and regulation will affect the races.

And BTW, I don’t have any favorite team or favorite driver.

Maybe we can start an F1 thread once the season is approaching.
        Me, too. I sleep very late to watch one of those races. The Indy race was a disgrace.

Good idea to start the F1 thread when the season starts. I'm sure that McLaren, Renault and Ferrari will all compete for the title until the end

Comment

No, I'm more of a Formula 2 fan now.

Comment

--- How to Stop A Ferrari ---

--- WARNING !!!
            --- this is not the right way to stop a ferrari --- do not try this at home !!!

http://faculty.kirkwood.edu/clifto/ferrari.mpeg ---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
              --- WARNING !!!

AMAZING!! I had a rabbit try that with the Lexus today!

Maybe he should have taken lessons in pit crew. Not from Ferrari of course though.

Oh well, too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                --- WARNING !!!

Ouch, that hurts

Comment

One of the few mistakes Michael schumacher has made. Its always said the worst guy to be in the pits is the front jack man. You have a car coming at you at 30 mph in Ferraris case 50mph because they drive straight in. You can only hope they stop. Guess he didn't this time.
                  "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                  Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Definitely a big fan of F1, although I don't really have a team I root for...just kinda always hope for good racing regardless of the winner. (although i do like Nick Heidfeld for the simple fact that he owns a ridiculous Porsche GT-2..big porsche fan here)

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_f1
                      Maybe I'll get lucky and find some F1 fans here. There aren't really many in the US, but there are a lot in Europe (mainly), Australia and Latin America
                      I do like F1 !
                      This year, I was blessed : Renault & Alonso were world champions ! (I mean... Champagne of course !)...

Honestly, Renault made a great season. OK, Mc Laren & Raikkonnen were not lucky, but the great start of Renault forced Mc Laren to take risks and to try to get the car as fast as they could... By doing so, Mc Laren was exposed to engine pbs... We can also say that Montoya was hit twice by late drivers which I don't understand (there was a blue flag !!!).

Alonso & Raikkonen are at the same level I guess as Renault & Mc Laren... Renault didn't take too much risks to allow Alonso to be champion. Then, they optimized the car and they showed they could be faster than Mc Laren at the Japan GP.

The next year will be very interesting I guess.
                      Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Working...
                      X