Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gambling is Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gambling is Bad

    That's all I have to say.

    Boy, does my wallet feel lighter.


    "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

  • #2
    What's your game?

    Comment


    • #3
      All sorts of different card games.


      "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

      Comment


      • #4
        The only gambling I do is with my friends. We play poker all the time, and it is quite fun. I always take there money

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG
          The only gambling I do is with my friends. We play poker all the time, and it is quite fun. I always take there money
          The only way to make money out of a acasino is to work for it!

          I like gambling, it gives me a job to go to!
          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




          formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
          I adopted Skywalker

          I have been adopted by Chris Wade

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kapaibro
            The only way to make money out of a acasino is to work for it!

            I like gambling, it gives me a job to go to!
            hell yea. Its kind of addicting though. Lets say 5 people throw in 5 dollars, I'm getting 5 to 1 on my money. But if I lose, Im like "dammit, let me buy in, the pot will be 30 dollars!!"

            Comment


            • #7
              well usually i like to bet a few quaters
              on pokemon card game battles with my friends during break between 1st and 3rd period

              my friend arthur always pulls out his cheap charizard and gets my lunch money




              man do i hate him

              Comment


              • #8
                Actually I was talking about games like hold-'em, or three-card guts, or... "God-forbid", Indian-Poker (after losing 26 dollars in one hand of that I decided that everytime we played that I would fold immediately).

                The 3-card guts got me for $38 in one hand though, which blew a hole through my wallet.


                "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                - Carl Sagan

                Comment


                • #9
                  I love playing poker but I don't think you go broke faster that one hand of 7-stud... At least that's the way it always goes with my family, a rabid group of card sharks, but at least most of the time it doesn't get too nasty. (We mostly play with change but half the time somebody starts pulling out bills and then it just becomes a game of 1upsmanship.) Hell, I love poker though, fun game, we'll always play a match or two of Indian Poker or Hi-Lo to lighten the mood if people start getting cranky.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi-Lo, is that the same as 'Inbetween'? We played that too. That and Indian Poker I have learned to avoid at all costs.


                    "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                    - Carl Sagan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Damn skins and Giants! Blew my parlay out of the water!
                      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                      formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                      I adopted Skywalker

                      I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jynx13
                        I love playing poker but I don't think you go broke faster that one hand of 7-stud... At least that's the way it always goes with my family, a rabid group of card sharks, but at least most of the time it doesn't get too nasty. (We mostly play with change but half the time somebody starts pulling out bills and then it just becomes a game of 1upsmanship.) Hell, I love poker though, fun game, we'll always play a match or two of Indian Poker or Hi-Lo to lighten the mood if people start getting cranky.
                        I used to work for Pacific Poker (online poker hall), and always told people to make sure they played Omaha Hi-Lo at the beginning of the night, when they were awake! It's not a game for tired eyes!

                        I had this one crazy lady who emailed EVERY week saying 'Why didn't I win this hand?'. Uh? Cos I've told you 37 times before that you HAVE to use TWO pocket cards, in EVERY hand! Crazy lady!
                        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                        formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                        I adopted Skywalker

                        I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Spanish 21 is a fun game to play...Pai Gow Poker is okay too...I usually stick to Blackjack, Spanish 21, and video poker.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X