Can the Av's Win the Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Av's Win the Cup

Since football season is over, and a good number of you are Avalanche fans, I thought I'd pose the question...

Can the Av's win the Stanley Cup with David Aebischer in net?

If not then who's gonna win it all?
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Re: Can the Av's Win the Cup

Originally posted by pikman
    Since football season is over, and a good number of you are Avalanche fans, I thought I'd pose the question...

Can the Av's win the Stanley Cup with David Aebischer in net?

If not then who's gonna win it all?
    If Kariya and Selane can get their head out of their butts then yes we will win, otherwise it will be tough and I think Detroit, or New Jersey with their sitffling defenses will hurt us.

Remember, Hatcher has been out for Detroit and their defense is still awesome, just wait till he gets back.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Re: Can the Av's Win the Cup

Originally posted by rascal
      Remember, Hatcher has been out for Detroit and their defense is still awesome, just wait till he gets back.
      Hope they don't run into a goaltending controversy though. Damn Hasek should have stayed in the Czech republic. His 8 million a year is hurting their cap...oh wait the NHL doesn't have a cap.
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Can the Av's Win the Cup

Originally posted by pikman
        Hope they don't run into a goaltending controversy though. Damn Hasek should have stayed in the Czech republic. His 8 million a year is hurting their cap...oh wait the NHL doesn't have a cap.
        I wouldn't be suprised if there was no hockey next year because of the collective bargaining crap. And yes Hasek should have stayed in Czech, that hurt CuJo who is one of the best.

I hate detroit, hopefully you don't like them.

You too Cutler.

Comment

looks like Hasek will be returning home, detroit just announced that he is out for the season. Nice way to earn 8 mil by sitting at home watching TV.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can the Av's Win the Cup

Originally posted by rascal
            I hate detroit, hopefully you don't like them.
            Love the Red Wings almost as much as I love the Broncos. But I won't take your hate of them personally.

Wish I could figure out a way to make a schwack of cash without doing anything.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Red Wings Suck!

Although, we might lose to them again here soon, since we're without Blake for 2 weeks due to a broken/fractured leg. Guess he & Plummer were hanging out on the same couch

The Avs should, however, be able to take it all the way...So long as we can get all of them healthy & get them to stay that way (geesh does this sound familiar or what?)

Also, keeping Sauve out of goal will help that tremendously.

CuJo should go back to the minors, where he started this season. Hasek should have stayed in retirement. I'm not just saying this because I'm an avs fan--I have several wings fan friends that feel the same way, atleast about CuJo...If the wings want to win another cup, they're going to need to get a younger goalie.

Just my $0.02

Comment

Re: Re: Red Wings Suck!

Originally posted by bcollin1
                Why do you say that?
                The effort of either team has nothing to do with who will win that game, right?

They'll just call another few penalties with a second and a half to go, so that whoever the league WANTS to win will win. We don't need Blake to lose to the refs.

Just my 3 billion pesos.
                True...Although I thought it was pretty darn funny when Foote did it...Might as well do something to get caught just to see if they're paying attention.

I just like Blake, is all!

Comment

You go for all the defensive pretty boys.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Nuh uhh
                    If you check the red wings suck thread on the mane, you'll see I find Foote sexy...

Comment

Damn, Cujo hurt his ankle last night...anybody know of a good goalie the wings can trade for?

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X