Google Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Earth

Is Google Earth a national security issue?

MY OPINION: Google Earth is fun. I enjoyed looking at points of interest in Yellowstone, San Diego, Mt Saint Helens, etc. Even lately it was interesting seeing the overlays of New Orleans. (not fun, just interesting)

But is this a matter of national security? Is google responsible for the satellite photos? Are military secrets being given out? Are the satellite photos on Google Earth worth strategic merit when it comes to military strategy?

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Can you not access these satellite photos anymore?

I dont see them as a problem. Everyone pretty much knows where everything is anyway.

Norad, Area 51, the White House, etc..........

I mean, if someone has to google Yellowstone to figure out where it is in order to bomb it, he probably isnt going to succeed anyway.

Comment

If you look carefully, alot of the key places are blanked out. Look at the white house, the whole roof is covered in white squares.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

are you serious,i mean a national threat??? comon you cant see anything properly,you cant see area 51,cant see norad,the pentagon and the white house are blocked out

maybe windows on aeroplanes are a national threat
        SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
        Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Originally posted by alan
          are you serious,i mean a national threat??? comon you cant see anything properly,you cant see area 51,cant see norad,the pentagon and the white house are blocked out

maybe windows on aeroplanes are a national threat
          Funny but true
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Alan area 51 is on there. You wont see Norad as its buried in the side of the mountain in colorado and as for it not being clear, many of the high res cities are very clear, also find certain USAF bases and you can see parked B2 bombers at some.
            "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
            Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I can see my house

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                Alan area 51 is on there. You wont see Norad as its buried in the side of the mountain in colorado and as for it not being clear, many of the high res cities are very clear, also find certain USAF bases and you can see parked B2 bombers at some.

ooo well maybe i need a newer version,howw do i get one.

and how do you find usaf bases and area 51
                SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

generally you need to know where they are. I will get some co-ordinates for you asap.
                  New version of google earth just click on help in the GE toolbar and check for updates online.
                  Ayrton Senna..

Comment

copy and paste exactly the co-ordinates into the search box in google earth.

Area 51= 37°14'10.95"N, 115°49'0.07"W
                    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

its not a matter of national security......other countries have plenty of sattelites and can see whatever they want.....I mean we can see other countries bases and such as well they can see ours
                      sigpic
                      DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

B2: 34°38'14.62"N, 118° 4'54.61"W
                        theres also an F117 on the same base. See if you can find it.
                        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

i checked out the pyramids in giza. thats womething i will never get to see in person, so it was very cool to be able to see them.
                          Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Working...
                          X