The Funny Thing About Getting Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Funny Thing About Getting Old

You never do get used to thinking about yourself as old. Inside of your mind, you have these memories, and it just does not all correspond! Every year is another layer of the onion. But you do not surrender your youth!
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
    You never do get used to thinking about yourself as old. Inside of your mind, you have these memories, and it just does not all correspond! Every year is another layer of the onion. But you do not surrender your youth!
    You're not old yet Painter, so you shouldn't be thinking of yourself as old. Old starts at around a 100 I think - at least that's what my 89yr old Gran seems to think. Two years ago she had two massive heartattacks in succession and a hip replacement twelve months ago. Now she's like a spring chicken and we can hardly keep up with her. Age is all just an attitude of the mind.

Comment

hey

Yaba. It is about never surendering.
      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Not old, just older. I keep trying to tell myself that...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE

I hear what your saying - when I say things like 1986 was 20 YEARS ago - it freaks me out - it just doesnt seem right - my mom turns 60- freakin 60 - this January - I dont feel any older than I did 17 years ago when my daughter was born - isnt it weird

Does anyone want to die semi-young - say 70 - which to me know is semi young

I mean like I dont want to be like 90 years old and all decrepit (sp?) and drooling and having people take care of me - I dont want to be sickly and needy

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
            I hear what your saying - when I say things like 1986 was 20 YEARS ago - it freaks me out - it just doesnt seem right - my mom turns 60- freakin 60 - this January - I dont feel any older than I did 17 years ago when my daughter was born - isnt it weird

Does anyone want to die semi-young - say 70 - which to me know is semi young

I mean like I dont want to be like 90 years old and all decrepit (sp?) and drooling and having people take care of me - I dont want to be sickly and needy
            Die 70 - no way! That would mean I'm already half way through life. I wanna live to a hundred. I've got so much left to do and need to make up for lost years. I've already been through the worst of the sick and needy part and it ain't so bad. Old and lonely is what I'd fear most.

Comment

Working...
            X