The 80's Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 80's Test

Take this test too see just how retro you really are!!!!!! I know some of you youngsters will fail, but try anyways!!

1. "Watcha talkin about Willis?" was the catch phrase of what famous sitcom?

A. Webster B. Benson C. Different Strokes D. Gimme a Break

2. In 1987, you might have been bouncing around on of these....

A. Topo Ball B. Soco Ball C. Dodo Ball D. Pogo Ball

3. These old ladies asked "Where's the Beef?" for what famous fast food chain?

A. McDonald's B. Burger King C. Wendy's D. Taco Bell

4. This Heavy Metal Group made everybody roar with their hit song "Nothing but a Good Time" in 1987.

A. Poison B. Guns n Roses C. Quiet Riot D. Whitesnake

5. This R&B group made everyone dance and say "Oh Sheila" in 1986.

A. Surface B. Ready for the World C. New Edition D. New Kids on the Block

6. Everybody got hungry for this game in the early 80's

A. Pick Up Sticks B. Ants in your Pants C. Jenga D. Hungry Hungry Hippos

7. This little ray of sunshine had all the girls wanting one of her dolls.

A. Barbie B. Rainbow Brite C. Strawberry Shortcake D. Miss Magical Makeup

8. He was Pee-Wee Herman's sidekick and the only form of rest in the playhouse.

A. Chairy B. Dairy C. Larry D. Terry

9. Before she was seen showing her breasts live on the Super Bowl, Janet Jackson was famous for her character on what show?

A. Diana on "Soap" B. "Rita Kay" on Gimme a Break C. Penny on "Good Times" D. "Dorothy on "Kate and Allie"

10. Before he went "Mi Vada Loco", Ricky Martin was famous in what 80's group?

A. New Kids on the Block B. New Edition C. W.A.S.P. D. Menudo

11. She was famous for the phrase "Kiss my Grits"
    A. Linda B. Rachel C. Diana D. Flo

12. Bonus: (2 Points) He was the owner of the diner where the answer to #11 worked.
    A. Ted B. Mel C. Curtis D. Owen

13. Bonus: (2 points) This kid appeared in the last 2 seasons of "Facts of Life" and his brother, and mother are both really famous.
    A. Maculay Culkin B. Sean Penn C. Mackenzie Astin D. Corey Haim

14. This actor played the fat boy "Vern" in the hit movie "Stand By Me" in 1986.
    A. River Phoenix B. Tom Everett Scott C. Jerry O'Connell D. Adam Goldberg

15. "The Karate Kid" was best known for what famous move?
    A. The Kicking Feather B. The Trump C. The Crane D. The Killer Bee

16. Who played "The Karate Kid"?
    A. C. Thomas Howell B. Kevin Bacon C. Ralph Maachio D. Patrick Swayze

17. She was best known for her role as "Baby" in 1987's "Dirty Dancing"
    A. Jennifer Beals B. Jennifer Jackson C. Jennifer Grey D. Jennie Garth

18. The ripped sweatshirt fashion statement became popular after what blockbuster was released?
    A. Footloose B. Flashdance C. Dirty Dancing D. The Breakfast Club

19. Wearing bra's on your head to make a beautiful chick on your computer became popular after this movie.
    A. Adventures in Babysitting B. The Breakfast Club C. Weird Science D. Jocks

20. "The Getalong Gang" was led by what animal?
    A. Bear B. Moose C. Pig D. Dog

21. Gargamyle was a famous character on what cartoon?
    A. Jetsons B. Smurfs C. Shirt Tales D. Transformers

22. Snake Eyes was the hottest new character in what series in 1984?
    A. GI Joe B. Transformers C. Thundercats D. Bionic Six

1-2 Missed: You are definitely an 80's Freak!
    3-6 Missed: I can't believe you like totally forgot that dude, that is so uncool, you need to be more tubular man!!
    7+ Missed: Dude, you're just a kid, the only hope for you is to start watching VH1 on the weekends!!!

Oops I guess I should give you the answers heh?
    If you don't know it, you probably missed it.
    [QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

hahaha.... nice test man
    mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

Great more testing.. I just got done with a whole week of testing lol. But thank God the testing at school isnt like this one or else I wouldnt be able to graduate LOL.. Well I tried here are my answers:

1.C
      2.D
      3.D
      4.B
      5.D
      6.C
      7.B
      8.A
      9.B
      10.D
      11.C
      12.A
      13.A
      14.D
      15.A
      16.C
      17.B
      18.D
      19.B
      20.B
      21.C
      22.D

LOL, man I got alot of time on my hands.... I was born in 89 so I have no clue as to what I just read LOL.
      WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Re: The 80's Test

Originally posted by dhall26
        Take this test too see just how retro you really are!!!!!! I know some of you youngsters will fail, but try anyways!!

4. This Heavy Metal Group made everybody roar with their hit song "Nothing but a Good Time" in 1987.

9. Before she was seen showing her breasts live on the Super Bowl, Janet Jackson was famous for her character on what show?

A. Diana on "Soap" B. "Rita Kay" on Gimme a Break C. Penny on "Good Times" D. "Dorothy on "Kate and Allie"

12. Bonus: (2 Points) He was the owner of the diner where the answer to #11 worked.

13. Bonus: (2 points) This kid appeared in the last 2 seasons of "Facts of Life" and his brother, and mother are both really famous.

14. This actor played the fat boy "Vern" in the hit movie "Stand By Me" in 1986.

18. The ripped sweatshirt fashion statement became popular after what blockbuster was released?

19. Wearing bra's on your head to make a beautiful chick on your computer became popular after this movie.

3-6 Missed: I can't believe you like totally forgot that dude, that is so uncool, you need to be more tubular man!!
        7+ Missed: Dude, you're just a kid, the only hope for you is to start watching VH1 on the weekends!!!

1) C
        2) D
        3) C
        4) A (Although that was released in 1988, not 1987)
        5) B
        6) D
        7) B
        8) A
        9) C
        10) D (although the thought of C is absolutely hilarious)
        11) D
        12) B
        13) C
        14) C
        15) C
        16) C
        17) C
        18) B
        19) C
        20) ???? A??? ( I think maybe that wasn't on in my TV market?)
        21) B
        22) A

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: Re: The 80's Test

Originally posted by Jared
          1) C
          2) D
          3) C
          4) A (Although that was released in 1988, not 1987)

22) A

Yes you're right, but the album "Look what the Cat Dragged in" was released in late 1987. Good eye Jared!!! Jared, how is it that a youngster like DANDAMAN got #20 right? The Getalong Gang was led by a MOOSE!!!!!!!! Anyways, I know I know, it wasn't in you're tv market!
          [QUOTE]
          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
            Great more testing.. I just got done with a whole week of testing lol. But thank God the testing at school isnt like this one or else I wouldnt be able to graduate LOL.. Well I tried here are my answers:

1.C
            2.D
            3.D
            4.B
            5.D
            6.C
            7.B
            8.A
            9.B
            10.D
            11.C
            12.A
            13.A
            14.D
            15.A
            16.C
            17.B
            18.D
            19.B
            20.B
            21.C
            22.D

LOL, man I got alot of time on my hands.... I was born in 89 so I have no clue as to what I just read LOL.

You missed 9 I think, but hey for being born the same year Rick Moranis Shrunk the Kids you did okay!!!!
            [QUOTE]

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The 80's Test

Yes you're right, but the album "Look what the Cat Dragged in" was released in late 1987. Good eye Jared!!! Jared, how is it that a youngster like DANDAMAN got #20 right? The Getalong Gang was led by a MOOSE!!!!!!!! Anyways, I know I know, it wasn't in you're tv market!

Except that "Nothing But a Good Time" is on "Open Up and Say Aaahhh", (Enigma/Capitol Records, 1988) not "Look What The Cat Dragged In" (Enigma/Capitol Records, 1986)

In my misled years, I bought every album of theirs...yes, albums...on vinyl
              Last edited by Jared; 02-23-2004, 07:57 AM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: The 80's Test

Originally posted by Jared
                Except that "Nothing But a Good Time" is on "Open Up and Say Aaahhh", (Enigma/Capitol Records, 1988) not "Look What The Cat Dragged In" (Enigma/Capitol Records, 1986)

In my misled years, I bought every album of theirs...yes, albums...on vinyl

Damn Jared, its been so long ago that I've forgotten. I thought Open Up was the album with "Every Rose has its Thorn" , I'm not doubting you're right, but hold on , cuz I just wanna make sure!

Nevermind you're right!!! I was thinking "I WANT ACTION" was on Open Up for some reason. Anyways, you are the music master JARED!!!!
                [QUOTE]

Comment

Re: The 80's Test

I havent seen anyones answers, I swear

1. Different Strokes.

2. Dont know (too old for toys at that point)

3. Wendy's

4. Quiet Riot (just a guess - didnt listen to hard rock)

5. Ready for the World (thats what I listened to)

6. Who knows, hungry hippos -

7. Rainbow brite

8. Chairy - Lawrence Fishburne was in pee wee's playhouse and remember the head - mecka lecka hi mecka hiney ho LOL

9. C though i never watched it

10. Menudo (didnt his agent rape him back then i thought i heard that somewhere)

11. Flo from Alice (thought that was 70's....)

12. Mel - and dont forget about Vera

13. C (just a guess, i stopped watching that show after they started getting too old to be funny)

14. I know River didnt play the fat boy, I can see him running on the train tracks but i dont know his name.

15. C

16. C (are you serious, come on dhall, stop throwing these softballs...LOL)

17. C (looked beter before the nose job)

18. Flashdance

19. C (just a guess)

20. Never heard of them

21. Smurfs

22. A - I have no clue

Comment

Re: Re: The 80's Test

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                    I havent seen anyones answers, I swear

1. Different Strokes.

2. Dont know (too old for toys at that point)

3. Wendy's

4. Quiet Riot (just a guess - didnt listen to hard rock)

5. Ready for the World (thats what I listened to)

6. Who knows, hungry hippos -

7. Rainbow brite

8. Chairy - Lawrence Fishburne was in pee wee's playhouse and remember the head - mecka lecka hi mecka hiney ho LOL

9. C though i never watched it

10. Menudo (didnt his agent rape him back then i thought i heard that somewhere)

11. Flo from Alice (thought that was 70's....)

12. Mel - and dont forget about Vera

13. C (just a guess, i stopped watching that show after they started getting too old to be funny)

14. I know River didnt play the fat boy, I can see him running on the train tracks but i dont know his name.

15. C

16. C (are you serious, come on dhall, stop throwing these softballs...LOL)

17. C (looked beter before the nose job)

18. Flashdance

19. C (just a guess)

20. Never heard of them

21. Smurfs

22. A - I have no clue
                    Not Bad, You missed 4, Did okay though!!!! Nice guess on #22 You got it right!!
                    [QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                    X