Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow.....?

Is it a good thing or a bad thing...?

I understand that it is somewhat necessary for the purpose of ecosystems...

but...

I detest the stuff...

Where I live, it snows from November through April...that's 6 freakin' months...

a little snow on Christmas Eve is swell and all, but if I never saw it again, it would be too soon...

#%@&ing snow...

Well, what do you guys think of snow...BTW, this poll will reflect who votes where...
    I wish it snowed year-round...
    16.00%
    I make angels and snowmen and forts...
    12.00%
    You can't make me come inside!!!
    20.00%
    I like getting work/school off...
    20.00%
    It's OK I guess...
    16.00%
    I wish it didn't snow so much...
    0.00%
    I would rather go to work/school...
    0.00%
    It makes my life difficult...
    8.00%
    I look out the window and curse...
    4.00%
    Only in pictures...
    4.00%
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Originally posted by Big Bad John
    Is it a good thing or a bad thing...?

I understand that it is somewhat necessary for the purpose of ecosystems...

but...

I detest the stuff...

Where I live, it snows from November through April...that's 6 freakin' months...

a little snow on Christmas Eve is swell and all, but if I never saw it again, it would be too soon...

#%@&ing snow...

Well, what do you guys think of snow...BTW, this poll will reflect who votes where...

well... i live in Florida and it definitely never snows here, but i can remember as a little kid, (not a big kid like i am now... ) when my family and i lived in Colorado and whenever it snowed it was awesome because i got out of school and got to go sledding with my older brother down a big hill basically in our yard...

My fondest memory of snow is when that blizzard in oh... i dunno, 97 or 98. The snow was piled up taller than my head and my dad was on a hunting trip. We had to go somewhere. Our jeep's keys were with my dad and so our friend drove his truck to the edge of our neighborhood and walked to our house. We all had to walk out of the nieghborhood and i remember i was freezing freaking cold!

snow is really fun as a little kid but i can imagine how it could really suck for adults.
    Anyways, I can't really vote in the poll because i haven't truly experienced snow in five or more years... But i remember it was white, sometimes... and cold... and you could make slush balls out of the snow in gutters and stuff and they stung really hard... but it was kind of an unwritten and unspoken rule that you weren't allowed to throw them at people... which kind of stunk...

Comment

It sucks - it snowed bad here, and the roads are complete ice. There's a stopsign for the railroad tracks by my apartment. To put it short, I don't even try to stop. I went to my roommate's parents' pizza place and almost didn't make it into the lot. Yeah...

One reason why i'ma move to San Diego. I hope it goes away soon.

Comment

I like it on the mountains when I go skiing, but I'd hate to have it piled up outside my windows.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

i like getting school/work off

but i like pulin e brakes in empty parking lots

Comment

Nothing wrong with snow every now and then. It can keep you home from work.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

I LOVE it!

But I dont wish it snowed year round. I like the seasons.

It has it's drawbacks. The roads suck being the big one.

However, I always get excited in the fall when I have to take the mower deck off my little tractor, and put on the snowblower. I love hoping on the thing and shooting snow across the yard. I like to shovel, and I love the way the back field looks before the animals get to it. A fresh white coat, looks like a blanket! I even like going out and following the tracks, seeing how many different deer, foxes, coyotes, and rabbits have crossed my lot.

I LIKE driving in it, if not for the other drivers. I learned to drive in the winter in a 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser. And I have a few stories of driving in the snow. A few good, a few not so good, lol. Snow hardly ever stops me from getting where I want to go. Heck, I like driving my truck on the mountain lakes when I go Ice Fishing!

Also, I really like it when it really dumps on us. Out in Franktown, we seem to usually get it a lot worse than in the city. I'm about 2000 feet higher than the city, and I view it as a plus!

I've had snows where I have 6 foot drifts across my driveway. I just love hitting it with the blower, and chewing it all up. You CANT get me in until it's all done!

A few years ago we had one that was really big. Drifts over my head on the driveway, and the power went out for two days. That wasnt so good, but I did have fun shoveling my way to the BBQ, lol. We built huge snowforts, did the angels, all that stuff. I felt like Calvin in Calvin and Hobbs!

Actually, it snowed here last night, and again today. I have about 3 to 4 inches on the driveway. No drifts this time. It wasnt very windy, which is unusual.

It's only 6:30, and I have an appointment with the television tomorrow.

Maybe I'll head out there in a few minutes and clear the driveway!
              Last edited by JWinn; 12-03-2005, 05:32 PM.

Comment

It's football weather...
                My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Winter is my favorite season.... I cant stand the summer heat...

snow is great. playing football in it, having a snowball fight. hell, even taking a walk in it is great!

Mostly what we get here, because we live at a lower altitude, is rain, rain, and more rain. we get flurries, but not much. I would love for it to snow all the time.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Speaking of snow, it's supposed to snow tonight and Monday.
                    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John

6 freakin' months??? Boohoo. I live in icebox Alaska where we have snow 9 months out of the year (depends on location) I grew up in a town where it could snow on any given day of the year, but snow in the summer time was a rare occassion, but posible. I wanna move down to the heat, but my kids don't wanna move anymore. maybe when they get older we'll move down there.

so to answer your question, snow flippin' sucks

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                      Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                      Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                      Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

I think I'd rather have 6 months of snow then 8 months of rain. Not warm rain either, ice cold rain.
                        I lived in Colorado for 6 years and that state probably has the best all around seasons of any place I've lived so far. I always loved the snow when I lived there, but I only missed school for maybe 3 or 4 days due to snow because unlike other places that shut down with 2 or 3 inches, life goes on.

Comment

I hate snow!

There was only one time school got suspended because of the snow, because there was too much. I still have to go to school if it is snowing a couple of inches, so it is not worth it.

The only moment I would like to see snow is on Christmas eve, but it never happens, It has to be sunny, but when new year's eve comes, or you want to go out, there it is, laughing at you...

I guess I am getting too grumpy here...

:salute:

Comment

I'm pro-snow. But you can definitely have too much of a good thing.

I really miss Colorado because you could have a blizzard and two days later be working outside in shorts. I thought it was the perfect mix.

Sniff....
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                              I'm pro-snow. But you can definitely have too much of a good thing.

I really miss Colorado because you could have a blizzard and two days later be working outside in shorts. I thought it was the perfect mix.

Sniff....
                              Let's switch

:salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X