Spend Or Save....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spend Or Save....?

I was talking to a friend and it got me thinking about something.

I am the type of person who would rather hoard his money and save, save, save whenever possible. My wife says that I am too much about money and I should enjoy the fruits of my labor by buying the things I want. I would rather throw it in savings and make do with what I have already since I am pretty happy with everything I have. I don't know why, I just don't like to part with money, even if it's being spent on me. I have no problem paying bills however or buying stuff for my daughter.

Just curious how the rest of you maniacs are with your money. Do you spend like there's no tomorrow or save till the cows come home....and how do you spend it...on others, yourself....?

You can vote in the poll if you want.
    I save money whenever possible.
    78.57%
    My money is gone before I even see it.
    21.43%
    It's not my money, I could care less.
    0.00%

I'm a weirdo...

I can sit on a pile of money like nobody's business for a loooong time...But when it's time to buy gifts or donate or lend to family or a close friend in dire need, the floodgates open...

It's only money, I have the capacity to make more of it...
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

I hate spending money, but have a very difficult time saving it. I have trouble accounting where my paychecks go. I get paid every week, and it seams by the time the next one comes the last ones gone except for a couple hundred if that. I should be saving 25% of my money, but with two kids who aren't easily entertained, it's hard.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
      Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
      Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
      Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

I'm not as good at saving as I used to be or should be, but I do manage to put something aside every month and I have always lived within my means.
        ...When they're out for blood I always give...

Comment

my moneys gone as soon as I see it, but not on junk. mostly on bills.
          I do save a little bit, but for the most part, my money leaves as soon as it sets foot in my pocket.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

i try to spend,ireally do,its just sooooo hard
            SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
            Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

If I don't spend it somehow or another my ex-wife will end up w/ it....so I spend it.
              Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

I'm a saver. I would just hate to be in the position where something happens, my car breaks down, i get hurt and have a lot of medical expenses, or anything like that and not ahve the money saved up to deal with it.
                Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

By nature I'm a saver but, unfortunately, my paycheck/bills ratio allows for very little of that.

Comment

Im a saver. I wont normally buy anything that I dont absolutely need, but rather wait for gift giving holidays to get what I want
                    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Ya never know what might happen

Always saving *just in case.
                      That and I Hate shopping...lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X