Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to be when you grow up?

A question I was often asked as a kid was what I wanted to do when I grew up.

As a four year old I had already decided that I was going to be a teacher and that is what I ended up doing.

During my teenage years I flirted with the idea of pursuing a career in law and at one point considered doing a degree in librarianship, which would have been a disaster, as I wouldn't have been able to shut up long enough to do such a job.

As a teenager I was a passionate tennis fan too and dreamed of becoming a Wimbledon Champion but sadly had no talent so that dream went up in flames.

So for those of you who are still young what do you want to do when you grow up and for those who are already grown up did you end up doing what you wanted to do?

A professional pianist.
    Long live the Broncos
    Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
    My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
    John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Starting LB for the 06 Broncos (outperform the great Wilson for the spot)
      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

I had dreams of grandeure on the basketball court.
        Sadly, that was what they refer to today as a pipe dream.

Seriously though, I never gave it much thought growing up. I guess I assumed that whatever job I got was for paying the bills and supporting a way of life rather than for personal fullfillment. I can say this however. I have had 3 major jobs since highschool and each job has become progressively better than the previous. My first job was doing concrete foundations which to put it mildly is "hell in a hand basket".
        I wouldn't wish this work on my worst enemy.
        That job seems like an eternity ago when you consider I'm currently working at a microchip manufacturing company.
        I could see myself retiring in my current industry.

Comment

i want to be taller
          SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
          Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Originally posted by alan
            i want to be taller
            I wanted to be a baller.

Comment

You mean I have to grow up?????

Damn
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

I wanna be a swimsuit model for Victoria's Secret for Gorillas!

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                  I wanna be a swimsuit model for Victoria's Secret for Gorillas!
                  That for one i would pay to see
                  I just recently took a engineering class for one of my freshman classes and i have to say its borrrrrrringgggg.

I'm gonna take a programming class next year and i'll see how that goes

Comment

An astronaut

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Me?

Grow up?

Comment

A position in player relations for the sox. im going to school for sports management so that should get me started

Comment

Studying aerospace now, but i would also one day like to run for political office. I have always wanted to do something like, that, serve the people.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Honestly, my dream was to be a NFL player or NBA player. More NFL. But Mom and Dad said no to the NFL, and although I wish I had worked harder at basketball when I was in 7th grade thru 10th grade, I know now NBA was a 'pipe dream'.

But, once I began Middle School, I too knew that I loved school so much, that I always wanted it to be apart of my life. So a teacher is what I desired, and a teacher I have become.

However, my senior year, I was coached by the best basketball coach I had ever had, and it was then I began believing that I could coach. And that is now my true desire. Someday I'm gonna be a coach, and when I get that chance, I'm gonna re-write Oklahoma's High School Basketball record books. That's just confidence speaking, not arrogance.

Also, someday before I die, I would like to own a small cattle and horse ranch, anywhere from 150 acres to 500 acres. Also want to write three books(children's, novel, and poetry). Would like to be acknowledged for my artistic ability.

Of course, my life may not get any better than it is right now.
                            Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                            Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                            Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by broncolitis
                              A professional pianist.
                              hehehehe pianist

I'm gonna take shanny's job at age 17.

not
                              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Working...
                              X