Tony Dungys son Died of Sucide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Dungys son Died of Sucide

1 Hour ago The medical Examiners prelimanary report says that James Dungy took his own life.Thats sad My heart goes to the whole Dungy family.
    Last edited by *Atwater*; 12-24-2005, 04:18 AM.
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Originally posted by Broncos Zone
    1 Hour ago The medical Examiners prelimanary report says that James Dungy took his own life.Thats sad My heart goes to the whole Dungy family.
    The cause of death hasn't been determined as yet, toxicology will take up to 6 weeks(to see if he OD'd), however all evidence at the scene points to suicide.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

How do you know the evidence?
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
        How do you know the evidence?
        as written on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/9114714

LUTZ, Fla. (Dec. 23, 2005) -- A medical examiner's preliminary report Friday confirmed that the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy took his own life, although the cause of death will not be determined for four to six weeks.

Dr. Jacqueline Lee released the findings and said there was no evidence of foul play. Lee ordered a toxicology study, and until it is finished the cause and manner of James Dungy's death are listed as pending.

His girlfriend found him unresponsive early Thursday, Hillsborough County Sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said. Carter said evidence at the scene indicated he had killed himself.

A sheriff's deputy performed CPR before an ambulance took him to University Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Tony Dungy took the team plane from Indianapolis to Tampa, Fla., where he had coached the Buccaneers from 1996-01. He has taken leave from the team, which is 13-1 and will be coached by assistant Jim Caldwell for Saturday's game at Seattle.

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

Gosh
          I was hoping something else caused his death, besides him taking it himself.

I just hope the family can work through the anger and grief they must be feeling. My cousin committed suicide about eight years ago. I remember thinking at the time it was the most selfish thing he could have ever done...how DARE he?! Then I just cried for two days...
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

Suicide is the hardest thing to cope with. I feel so much for the family - so many mixed feelings and unanswered questions. Poor James too, he must have been in such a terrible state to do something like this.

Comment

Holy crap, that is terrible. My sympathies to the Dungy family.
              Sometimes the holidays can just be too much pressure for some to cope with. I work with a guy who's cousin took his life just last week. Really makes you stop and think and appreciate what we have.

This is very sad....

Comment

Update on Dungy

Medical examiner rules James Dungy's death a suicide

February 17, 2006

LUTZ, Fla. (AP) -- The death of the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy has been ruled a suicide, a medical examiner said Friday.

James Dungy hanged himself from a bedroom ceiling fan with a leather belt, Dr. Jacqueline Lee of the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office wrote in her final autopsy report.

Authorities had ruled out foul play in December, but toxicology results were pending. Those tests were negative, except for caffeine and medication paramedics used in attempts to resuscitate the teen, Lee said.

Dungy was found and cut down by his girlfriend on Dec. 22, less than a half-hour after last being seen alive, according to the medical examiner's office. The teen's girlfriend called paramedics, who attempted to resuscitate him. He was pronounced dead at a Tampa hospital.

James Dungy had been taking extension classes at the University of South Florida, authorities said.

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

That's sad...

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                    Medical examiner rules James Dungy's death a suicide

February 17, 2006

LUTZ, Fla. (AP) -- The death of the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy has been ruled a suicide, a medical examiner said Friday.

James Dungy hanged himself from a bedroom ceiling fan with a leather belt, Dr. Jacqueline Lee of the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office wrote in her final autopsy report.

Authorities had ruled out foul play in December, but toxicology results were pending. Those tests were negative, except for caffeine and medication paramedics used in attempts to resuscitate the teen, Lee said.

Dungy was found and cut down by his girlfriend on Dec. 22, less than a half-hour after last being seen alive, according to the medical examiner's office. The teen's girlfriend called paramedics, who attempted to resuscitate him. He was pronounced dead at a Tampa hospital.

James Dungy had been taking extension classes at the University of South Florida, authorities said.
                    Very sad .
                    sigpic
                    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

A sad story. Condolences go out to the Dungy family.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                      2. Taxes
                      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Thats sad. Sometimes you don't think that a 6'7" son of a rich family would do such thing

:salute:

Comment

Working...
                        X