X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI cafe peeps...how mny have checked out that guitar thing? tht is crazy
    sigpic

Comment

• Hey all, hows the weather over there in america? still raining here....and raining.... and raining...

Yea, I checked out that guitar thing. good stuff man. Like a young yngwie....

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

• A good day to all cafegoers.

That guitar thing you guys mention - do you mean that video from youtube because I just watched that and it was awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws
          A good day to all cafegoers.

That guitar thing you guys mention - do you mean that video from youtube because I just watched that and it was awesome.
          yes, and yea, it is. I wish i was that good...
          sigpic

Comment

• if you have macromedia flash player, this is a catchy song.

it is more or less work safe. no really bad cursing or the like, but there is some animated blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
              yes, and yea, it is. I wish i was that good...
              I just wish I could play. I got a guitar for my birthday 18 months ago and I'm still stuck at three chords!

Comment

I just wish I could play. I got a guitar for my birthday 18 months ago and I'm still stuck at three chords!

I just play what sounds right. use your ear!

listen to what goes together and what you can use to transition from one chord to another. It takes some work, but its fun!

Comment

heh, it takes some time. IT took me couple months to really get into it. Then i got a black fender stratocaster and i was hooked, just because i imagined myself as rock star Now i know all bar chords and im starting to learn leads(what that song basically was) And im playin in my youth group band. So ll it tkes is motivation(and a teacher of course) but its very hard to get as good as that kid was.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
                    heh, it takes some time. IT took me couple months to really get into it. Then i got a black fender stratocaster and i was hooked, just because i imagined myself as rock star Now i know all bar chords and im starting to learn leads(what that song basically was) And im playin in my youth group band. So ll it tkes is motivation(and a teacher of course) but its very hard to get as good as that kid was.

sadly, I can t afford a teacher, so Im teaching myself (with a little help from a buddy of mine) I can play a number of songs, and Ive written some stuff as well. how much did the fender cost ya? and do you use tabs?

Comment

• I see how ya are...gonna talk music without me.

Hi everyone.

Comment

• I think I need to look for a new guitar to be honest.

The one I have is a big clumsy steel stringed acoustic guitar which I find hard to handle and the strings aren't easy to press down to the fretboard.

I'm thinking maybe nylon stringed would be easier or maybe I should just go for an electric one. My son's keen to have one of those.
                        Last edited by Jaws; 03-27-2006, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jewels
                          I see how ya are...gonna talk music without me.

Hi everyone.
                          Hi Jewels.

Looks like it's music club at the cafe today.

Comment

• I dunno jaws. I was always told the best way to learn guitar was with an acoustic. I mean, you cant really shred or tap on an acoustic that well, but in terms of chords...
                            I think too many people nowadays rely heavily on power chords. the same thing with tabs. you gotta trust your ear.

hey jewels, we didnt forget you.... *psst* who is this jewels person?

Comment

• I learned on an electric, but you are right...you do learn to properly play chords using acoustic. It's also easier when you do switch over to an electric. My fingers are so small that it was hard for me to hold down strings .I was self taught up until a certain point, but then I broke down and took lessons.
                              My first love was drums, though.

I love my Fender...I love my Fender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jewels
                                I learned on an electric, but you are right...you do learn to properly play chords using acoustic. It's also easier when you do switch over to an electric. My fingers are so small that it was hard for me to hold down strings .I was self taught up until a certain point, but then I broke down and took lessons.
                                My first love was drums, though.

I love my Fender...I love my Fender.

I was trying to get a fender, but there arent any good ones around here. Im settling for an Ibanez. its a nice ass guitar.

my buddy has a 74 floyd rose. VERY nice.

but in terms of pickups and specs for guitars, I know absolutely SQUAT. help me!

my first love is and always will be vocals and songwriting.

Comment

Working...
                                X