Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snk16
    I actually zoomed ahead and finished it. Got a little more interesting at the end but I still didn't like it. So much babbling....if you miss one detail the whole page or section or set of pages makes no sense.

I don't fully understnad the book put it that way. I understnad the book about 50-75%

So I reread the chapters in school when we are assigned to and that will be my way of rereading and I will understnad new things. IT's been working so far.

Snk, who/what do you like to read?
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dogfish
      Snk, who/what do you like to read?
      I usually like Sports stuff...like SI or ESPN.com, etc.

All kidding aside, I like books that interest me. I like them to be action packed also. I like them kind of lively. I don't like to see a boring book, that doesn't seem to have a point, like Faranheit 451.

I don't really have a favorite author, I just read whatever's good I guess. I don't really go to the library on my own religiously or keep up with what books are new and coming out but if I see a book that seems interesting, hell I'll read it...doesn't hurt.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I actually zoomed ahead and finished it. Got a little more interesting at the end but I still didn't like it. So much babbling....if you miss one detail the whole page or section or set of pages makes no sense.

I don't fully understnad the book put it that way. I understnad the book about 50-75%

So I reread the chapters in school when we are assigned to and that will be my way of rereading and I will understnad new things. IT's been working so far.

Good for you for taking the initiative, and going ahead and finishing, and at least making the effort to understand. It's a hard book, from what I understand, and I'm sure you're not meant to get it all right away...
        sigpic

Comment

I usually like Sports stuff...like SI or ESPN.com, etc.

All kidding aside, I like books that interest me. I like them to be action packed also. I like them kind of lively. I don't like to see a boring book, that doesn't seem to have a point, like Faranheit 451.

I don't really have a favorite author, I just read whatever's good I guess. I don't really go to the library on my own religiously or keep up with what books are new and coming out but if I see a book that seems interesting, hell I'll read it...doesn't hurt.

Snk, Pro Football Weekly is by far the best football publication in my opinion-- pricey but worth it, they employ professional scouts and the mag is exremely informative. . .

do you have a style of writing you like-- sci-fi, fantasy, non-fiction, anything in particular, or just whatever you happen to get started on?

Comment

Snk, Pro Football Weekly is by far the best football publication in my opinion-- pricey but worth it, they employ professional scouts and the mag is exremely informative. . .

do you have a style of writing you like-- sci-fi, fantasy, non-fiction, anything in particular, or just whatever you happen to get started on?
            I don't have anything in particular actually. I just like whatever is good...

sigpic

1. Death
            2. Taxes

Comment

• Alright, peeps... The thread and my work ethic have both gone stagnant... see you on the morrow....
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon
                Alright, peeps... The thread and my work ethic have both gone stagnant... see you on the morrow....

Night, little bro... have a good one!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by redbirdy80
                  Good for you for taking the initiative, and going ahead and finishing, and at least making the effort to understand. It's a hard book, from what I understand, and I'm sure you're not meant to get it all right away...
                  Yeah, it's hard stuff.

The whole story is pointless IMO. I'd say the ending, but I don't wanna ruin it for you.

sigpic

1. Death
                  2. Taxes

Comment

Alright, peeps... The thread and my work ethic have both gone stagnant... see you on the morrow....
                    Bye LT.

sigpic

1. Death
                    2. Taxes

Comment

Yeah, it's hard stuff.

The whole story is pointless IMO. I'd say the ending, but I don't wanna ruin it for you.

Thanks... I'll get there eventually... just not as fast as I'd hoped.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't have anything in particular actually. I just like whatever is good...

Snk, have you ever heard of william gibson? you should read neuromancer sometime-- one of the best sci-fi books ever, i think you would enjoy it. . .

Comment

take it easy LT!

Comment

• Originally posted by redbirdy80
                            Thanks... I'll get there eventually... just not as fast as I'd hoped.
                            Cool, we can share opinions on stuff then. Good luck reading it.

sigpic

1. Death
                            2. Taxes

Comment

Snk, have you ever heard of william gibson? you should read neuromancer sometime-- one of the best sci-fi books ever, i think you would enjoy it. . .
                              Nope, never heard of him. I will check it out some time if I remember.

sigpic

1. Death
                              2. Taxes

Comment

Nope, never heard of him. I will check it out some time if I remember.

yea, i have a stack of unread books-- i'll get to 'em eventually!

Comment

Working...
                                X