Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogfish
    i usually try to keep the fridge well-stocked. . . .

i'm going down to columbus this weekend to stay with some of my college friends, so i'm definitely gonna stop at some beer stores and pick up some stuff i can't get around here, like hopefully some of the avery brews. . . .

i rarely drink liquor, but tequila is one of my faves. . .
    Party time huh...?? Sounds like fun. Hope you have a good time man.

I was joking about the tequila. Had a bad Thanksgiving many years past and all I remember is a 5th of tequila going down in about an hour between me, and at that time, my father-in-law. We were shooting it like water, don't know why, just were.

Needless to say I cannot even stomach the smell of it straight but I do drink it sometimes in a margarita or mixed drink, otherwise I do without. Vodka on the other hand, now that's good and smooth!

Comment

i usually try to keep the fridge well-stocked. . . .

i'm going down to columbus this weekend to stay with some of my college friends, so i'm definitely gonna stop at some beer stores and pick up some stuff i can't get around here, like hopefully some of the avery brews. . . .

i rarely drink liquor, but tequila is one of my faves. . .

I dunno why, but I never liked the taste of alcohol, or enjoyed being drunk. I'm one of those weird folk I guess.

It's not that I think of it as bad and morally wrong... I just never liked it. *shrugs*

Comment

• Originally posted by Reidman
        Party time huh...?? Sounds like fun. Hope you have a good time man.

I was joking about the tequila. Had a bad Thanksgiving many years past and all I remember is a 5th of tequila going down in about an hour between me, and at that time, my father-in-law. We were shooting it like water, don't know why, just were.

Needless to say I cannot even stomach the smell of it straight but I do drink it sometimes in a margarita or mixed drink, otherwise I do without. Vodka on the other hand, now that's good and smooth!

that's funny, just the opposite for me, vodka is what i drank when i was younger, and now i can't stand it. . . definitely gotta be careful chugging the tequila!

and yeah, i'm looking forward to partin' with my friends-- i went down a few weeks ago for an art opening, and we had a great time. . . my buddy just got a painting hung in the columbus museum of art, which is his first major hanging-- it's a piece he donated to a bi-annual charity event called "art for life". . . they sell a bunch of donated paintings and give the procedes to the columbus aids task force. . . it's a pretty prestigious thing, and apparently has launched some careers over the years. . . he and his girl friend are really excited. . . i'm going down for the auction on saturday, and they are hyped to see what his piece will bring. . . should be a blast, we will definitely party righteously afterwards!
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
          I dunno why, but I never liked the taste of alcohol, or enjoyed being drunk. I'm one of those weird folk I guess.

It's not that I think of it as bad and morally wrong... I just never liked it. *shrugs*

nothing wrong with that-- each to his or her own!

honestly, as much as i like drinking beer, i rarely get drunk-- once in a while when i go out with my friends. . . i drink a single bottle of beer most nights, but it's rare that i have more than that. . .

how are you tonight DFN?

Comment

• Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd

Not weird, smart!

I generally don't like getting drunk myself but sometimes circumstances deviate us from our original plan. A

Comment

that's funny, just the opposite for me, vodka is what i drank when i was younger, and now i can't stand it. . . definitely gotta be careful chugging the tequila!

and yeah, i'm looking forward to partin' with my friends-- i went down a few weeks ago for an art opening, and we had a great time. . . my buddy just got a painting hung in the columbus museum of art, which is his first major hanging-- it's a piece he donated to a bi-annual charity event called "art for life". . . they sell a bunch of donated paintings and give the procedes to the columbus aids task force. . . it's a pretty prestigious thing, and apparently has launched some careers over the years. . . he and his girl friend are really excited. . . i'm going down for the auction on saturday, and they are hyped to see what his piece will bring. . . should be a blast, we will definitely party righteously afterwards!
              That sounds pretty exciting and your friend must be one hell of a painter to get his artwork hung in a museum...

So are you taking time off from work to do this or is it a weekend thing...?

Man I just reminded myself that I'm back to work tomorrow night....

Comment

• Originally posted by Reidman
                That sounds pretty exciting and your friend must be one hell of a painter to get his artwork hung in a museum...

So are you taking time off from work to do this or is it a weekend thing...?

Man I just reminded myself that I'm back to work tomorrow night....

i've been working part-time since november (and really not much of that). . . one of the reasons i'm on here all the time!

i'm going back to full time in two weeks, so i'm trying to enjoy the free time while i still can. . . . sorry you're back on!

and yeah, my friend is a killer painter-- he's only been doing it for 3 years and has never had a minute of formal training-- some people just have talent. . . i'd say it's not fair, but at least i get to enjoy what they do. . . staying at their house is fun, the walls are covered!

Comment

• Dog, if I don't talk to you soon, have a good trip and be safe!
                  I'm outta here, going to watch some TV before bed.

Jaws, I think you're swimming around here somewhere. You have a good day too.

Later guys!

Comment

• Just passing through, have a good mornig guys and gals.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

• goodmorning Elway!
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Morning all,Checked that pulp count today Eman and it is perfect..
                        Hope you are all going to have a great Wednesday..
                        sigpic

Comment

• lol Hey Banjo!,

Ive been here a while by myself...
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation
                            lol Hey Banjo!,

Ive been here a while by myself...
                            Sometimes,,late at night,,when everyones in bed,I like to be with myself also,,LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BANJOPICKER1
                              Sometimes,,late at night,,when everyones in bed,I like to be with myself also,,LOL

hehe i wasnt going to elaborate but....

nah I will just leave it at that. How have you been?
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Pretty good,we here at work are starting our busy season so I been FORCED to work much more as we gear up..Good news is I got hired by a band,1st practice is naext Tuesday,picked in the garage a bit lastnight and found about 15 layers of rust had formed on my fingers,must practice,,mucho!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X