• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Lmao.

No, sadly not for me... and a lot of the cost is in proper grade lumber, unfortunately, which is through the roof these days.
    There is a lot of evidence of do it yourself catastrophes. If you are good at it, go for it, but some dudes mess up, or end up paying for someone to finish the job. Actually redo the whole thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2jernb.gif
Views:	20
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	8387403

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post

DIY?

One of the hardest things about becoming a homeowner was not being able to call the landlord to get repairs made on things. Hubby built our deck and fence (he's also become a pretty good plumber) . He said you can find anything on YouTube.
    Lmao.

No, sadly not for me... and a lot of the cost is in proper grade lumber, unfortunately, which is through the roof these days.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Try not to be a grinch

Trying to stomach the fact that redoing my less than 300 sq ft deck is gonna cost between 35k and 40k.

Yeah... we got quotes on refinishing or expanding our deck earlier this year and the quotes were STUPID.
    DIY?

One of the hardest things about becoming a homeowner was not being able to call the landlord to get repairs made on things. Hubby built our deck and fence (he's also become a pretty good plumber) . He said you can find anything on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Yeah....even a bathroom can be quite expensive. My friend is currently spending a load on one.

We were thinking of upgrading the smaller one, so I am waiting to see how his turns out. Unless you are a do it your selfer, the trouble is that good contractors are expensive, and cheaper ones can make you regret it.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

Try not to be a grinch

Trying to stomach the fact that redoing my less than 300 sq ft deck is gonna cost between 35k and 40k.
    Yeah... we got quotes on refinishing or expanding our deck earlier this year and the quotes were STUPID.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Try not to be a grinch

Let me try to put a positive spin on it...if you can afford it, you are doing pretty darn good!

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Oh, pretty decent... getting into the Holiday spirit...

Trying to learn not to stress too much about work, and trying to regain my motivation to get work done.

You?
    Try not to be a grinch

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Oh, pretty decent... getting into the Holiday spirit...

Trying to learn not to stress too much about work, and trying to regain my motivation to get work done.

You?

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied

How goes it?

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Yeah, Play up the underdog angle.... They don't respect us.... blah blah...

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Yeah, I agree.

To expand on it though... the NFL had to choose whether to flex us or the Chargers before we played our game. Us V KC or Chargers V Bengals. Both games with potential playoff implications.

If they were able to choose after we played the Chargers, I have little doubt that they would have chosen the winner of our game, as a better matchup.

Since they had to choose in advance, I think they either

1) Guessed (correctly) that we'd win over the Chargers

2) Chose KC game because Mahomes.

2 seems more likely, but I like 1.

Good stuff. No doubt about KC and Mahomes. Big draw. I actually think prime time will be a bit of a plus for us, though not too great, because it may give our guys some energy being on the bigger stage. Heck, if it makes them play better, fine by me.

I think some of the pre game should be spent addressing the fact that KC may be one of the best teams over the last few seasons, but they are certainly beatable this year, and they will be concerned about what we can do, especially on D, Plus they are not very good on D themselves. But not spoken in a way that makes us over confident, rather objectively confident of what we bring. I would also stress that our last 2 victories were decisive and against above average teams. And I would instill that we can absolutely win this game, and definitely prove that we can be a playoff team...this year!

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Yeah, I agree.

To expand on it though... the NFL had to choose whether to flex us or the Chargers before we played our game. Us V KC or Chargers V Bengals. Both games with potential playoff implications.

If they were able to choose after we played the Chargers, I have little doubt that they would have chosen the winner of our game, as a better matchup.

Since they had to choose in advance, I think they either

1) Guessed (correctly) that we'd win over the Chargers

2) Chose KC game because Mahomes.

2 seems more likely, but I like 1.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Dunno... there are times where I dread the primetime games when we've been struggling in them (we seem streaky in primetime)... given that it makes it easier to watch my team since I don't live in the area, you'd think I'd love it... but I don't always.

However, I'm always proud of my team getting the primetime nod, regardless. Even though the motivation for the move probably had way more to do with Mahomes than anything the Broncos are doing... if this was last year's team, we don't get flexed.
    Carrying this over from that thread, I do believe KC is a prime time choice, especially when they are trending upward. But the fact The Broncos have won 3 of 4, just kicked The Chargers (and Dallas), and are starting to get some luv from experts, which I think is partially to do with our trending upward young D and solid run game....reminiscent of the strengths of our last SB champs, which all makes this game more relevant and interesting. The fact that a win ties us with them in this divisional race. does not hurt.

I have also stated that a number of prime time games have been iffy. I can name a few. For example, had the schedulers known the fate of Washington and Seattle, that game might not have been scheduled. It was fun in the end, but it was basically irrelevant. Heck, I'm all for the programmers to be fluid with their choices, and seek out key games as they come, unless of course there are arrangements that can't be changed.

If I was betting, sure, I'd put some coin on KC. But it's irrelevant. I feel like our club is also trending upward, and the D is starting to really believe. And if we have a good game and still lose, it's not a crime to have aired in that time slot.

Last edited by CanDB; 12-01-2021, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X