• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    L.M.
    Football Immortal

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Without carrying on too long, I would have kicked it off and tried to make them return it, to kill some seconds. If KC has 10 or less, that's 2 plays, and one has to be long!! Starting at the 25, with time outs, you have 2 plays to go just over 30 yards.

Then again, your D has to stop 'em. Tampa messed up their last stand as well, allowing Kupp to make 2 big plays.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Allen dis everything possible their vaunted d couldnt hold up
    Without carrying on too long, I would have kicked it off and tried to make them return it, to kill some seconds. If KC has 10 or less, that's 2 plays, and one has to be long!! Starting at the 25, with time outs, you have 2 plays to go just over 30 yards.

Then again, your D has to stop 'em. Tampa messed up their last stand as well, allowing Kupp to make 2 big plays.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    cafe official sidekick

• armedequation
    replied

AE I hardly ever see all my favs win in a weekend, so I guess I am partly conditioned to the fact. Allen and Davis, and the O did everything possible to win that, and it's too bad they couldn't throw the coin better. They did not practice that enough.
    Allen dis everything possible their vaunted d couldnt hold up

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied

Yeah im over my being bored and debating certain people. I definitely wanted buffalo to win
    AE I hardly ever see all my favs win in a weekend, so I guess I am partly conditioned to the fact. Allen and Davis, and the O did everything possible to win that, and it's too bad they couldn't throw the coin better. They did not practice that enough.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    cafe official sidekick

• armedequation
    replied
    Great football weekend! Not always the winners we want, but the games were weird, whacky and wonderful at times.

But enough of that nonsense...lets talk about nothing like we do best.
    Yeah im over my being bored and debating certain people. I definitely wanted buffalo to win

and sweet somethings! Donuts!!!!
    armedequation
    cafe official sidekick
    Last edited by armedequation; 01-24-2022, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    Great football weekend! Not always the winners we want, but the games were weird, whacky and wonderful at times.

But enough of that nonsense...lets talk about nothing like we do best.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied

Yeah its pretty much unbearable right now. Trying to avoid the nonsense
    I also contribute to the "repetitiveness" factor. But something happens in threads, where someone just walks in and repeats something that has been posted once, probably a hundred times, and then people celebrate the novelty of what is old news. Or someone says, we need an improvement in QB, and shock waves occur. I picture this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ntvfl5EXUs1qmo0obo1_500.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	8402777

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    cafe official sidekick

• armedequation
    replied
    Just thinking...we got the best seats in the house. We get to roam from forum to forum, thread to thread. Do our thing. Then simply walk in the door to the cafe, and relax, have some laughs, share a cup, maybe a snack. Cafe groups have it good. Little agenda, just whatever happens. No strings. Just come on in and enjoy.

And yes, avoid the almost mindless repetition of comments made, as if somehow they appear to sound new.
    Yeah its pretty much unbearable right now. Trying to avoid the nonsense

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    Just thinking...we got the best seats in the house. We get to roam from forum to forum, thread to thread. Do our thing. Then simply walk in the door to the cafe, and relax, have some laughs, share a cup, maybe a snack. Cafe groups have it good. Little agenda, just whatever happens. No strings. Just come on in and enjoy.

And yes, avoid the almost mindless repetition of comments made, as if somehow they appear to sound new.
    CanDB
    Football Immortal
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-23-2022, 10:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied
    In the course of a seconds, no matter their contribution, Rodgers' stock plummeted and Jimmy G's got a boost. Though most folks here probably don't want either.

Should be fun today. I believe the winner tonight wins it all.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    cafe official sidekick

• armedequation
    replied

We eat a little earlier than most. Do you know how much salivation is happening as we peak??!!!
    Between LT's and my conversation and today about food....im suprised your not swimming yet lol

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied

I will sneak them in on the next cafe order...i will get 2 different kinds...one regular and one filled with bavarian cream!
    We eat a little earlier than most. Do you know how much salivation is happening as we speak??!!!
    CanDB
    Football Immortal
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-23-2022, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    cafe official sidekick

• armedequation
    replied

Yeah...my days of managing are close to done. My wife gives me action anytime I try to get involved with committees and such. She claims I get less fun to be around. She's right. But that's more true when I am with folks who are not easy to "play with". If you are fortunate to be on a really good team, sports or otherwise, the small downside is worth the upside.

Now back to the donut.

Hey, you folks ever have a Cronut? My daughter advises us that we have good ones in the city. They're a cross between croissants and donuts.

Name:	latest?cb=20150514172628.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	8402438
    Asking permission if we can get some for the cafe.
    I will sneak them in on the next cafe order...i will get 2 different kinds...one regular and one filled with bavarian cream!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    Football Immortal

• CanDB
    replied

Nah i dont mind, im not a fritter hoarder!

no more times than not the mods have their hands over full trying to keep things civil. I give them super props because i wouldnt have the patients to deal with it
    Yeah...my days of managing are close to done. My wife gives me action anytime I try to get involved with committees and such. She claims I get less fun to be around. She's right. But that's more true when I am with folks who are not easy to "play with". If you are fortunate to be on a really good team, sports or otherwise, the small downside is worth the upside.

Now back to the donut.

Hey, you folks ever have a Cronut? My daughter advises us that we have good ones in the city. They're a cross between croissants and donuts.

Name:	latest?cb=20150514172628.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	8402438
    Asking permission if we can get some for the cafe.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    cafe official sidekick

• armedequation
    replied

Cherry cheese danish sounds amazing!! So you don't mind that I took a fritter....maybe a couple?

As for the HC situation, even the QB position....the longer the wait, the more the same comments. Sometimes packaged a bit different, or with a little twist, but in the end, it becomes an echo chamber to some degree. But I don't put that on the mods. It's us. We bounce from thread to thread, and we sometimes think we are innovative when really we are just making a statement formulated by reading articles or listening to experts or yes, absorbing the comments made here. It sometimes becomes "my idea", when really someone said it a ways back, and many, many others did too.
    Nah i dont mind, im not a fritter hoarder!

no more times than not the mods have their hands over full trying to keep things civil. I give them super props because i wouldnt have the patients to deal with it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X