Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaws
    Daytime= Jaws, nightime and weekends likely to be the Phinster. Could come in handy for him when he goes to college in September too.

I bought a refurbished one for £200 (around $350) - I'm hoping it will be o.k.

Good morning, all.

Jaws, it sounds like you got a good deal!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Emancipator
      Where is he going to college?
      Oxford?
      Of course - just like his mum!

It's not certain yet, but likely to be either "Llysfasi" or "Coleg Meirion Dwyfor" - see if you can pronounce those lol

Comment

• Originally posted by redbirdy80
        Good morning, all.

Jaws, it sounds like you got a good deal!
        I'm hoping so, we'll see when it arrives - can't help but be a little nervous about online purchases from shops far afield, where I haven't bought anything before - but hopefully all will be well.

How are you today?

Comment

• Car alarm is going off every two minutes outside my window

Must be this cold weather. We've had snow every day since Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws
            Car alarm is going off every two minutes outside my window

Must be this cold weather. We've had snow every day since Wednesday.
            You could be hearing my pulp count error alarm!We had issues this morning with a bad batch of OJ...
            sigpic

Comment

• Alright, I'm back!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, Cafe
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Joke for the morning

A father watched his daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as
                  >>>he
                  >>>reflected on how sweet and innocent his little girl was. Suddenly
                  >>>she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her and
                  >>>noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.
                  >>>
                  >>>"Daddy, what are those spiders doing?" she asked. "They're
                  >>>mating," her
                  >>>father replied. "What do you call the spider on top, Daddy?" she
                  >>>asked.
                  >>>
                  >>>"That's a Daddy Long Legs." her father answered.
                  >>>
                  >>>"So, the other one is Mommy Long Legs?" the little girl asked.
                  >>>
                  >>>"No," her father replied. "Both of them are Daddy Long Legs." The
                  >>>little girl thought for a moment, then took her foot and stomped
                  >>>them flat and said, "Well, it might be OK in California or
                  >>>Massachusetts, but we're not having any of that stuff here in
                  >>>Texas."
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• My wife left me...
                    I don't understand.
                    After the last child was born, she told me we had to cut back on expenses -
                    I had to give up drinking beer. I was not a big drinker, maybe a 12-pack on
                    weekends.
                    Anyway, I gave it up but I noticed the other day when she came home from
                    grocery shopping. The receipt included $45 in makeup.
                    I said, "Wait a minute I've given up beer and you haven't given up
                    anything!"
                    She said, "I buy that makeup for you, so I can look pretty for you."
                    I told her, "Hell, that's what the beer was for!"
                    I don't think she'll be back
                    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
                      A father watched his daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as
                      >>>he
                      >>>reflected on how sweet and innocent his little girl was. Suddenly
                      >>>she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her and
                      >>>noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.
                      >>>
                      >>>"Daddy, what are those spiders doing?" she asked. "They're
                      >>>mating," her
                      >>>father replied. "What do you call the spider on top, Daddy?" she
                      >>>asked.
                      >>>
                      >>>"That's a Daddy Long Legs." her father answered.
                      >>>
                      >>>"So, the other one is Mommy Long Legs?" the little girl asked.
                      >>>
                      >>>"No," her father replied. "Both of them are Daddy Long Legs." The
                      >>>little girl thought for a moment, then took her foot and stomped
                      >>>them flat and said, "Well, it might be OK in California or
                      >>>Massachusetts, but we're not having any of that stuff here in
                      >>>Texas."
                      lol, pretty funny!

Comment

• McQuillan walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, the Irishman started to leave.
                        "S'cuse me," said a customer, who was puzzled over what McQuillan had done, "what was that all about?"
                        "Nothin', said the Irishman, "me wife just sent me out for a jar of olives!"

Comment

• WHITE HOUSE BREAKFAST

**** Cheney and George W. Bush were having breakfast at the White House.

The attractive waitress asks Cheney what he would like, and he replies,
                          "I'd like a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit."

"And what can I get for you, Mr. President?"

George W. replies with his trademark wink and slight grin, "How about a
                          quickie this morning?"

"Why, Mr.. President!" the waitress exclaims "How rude! You're starting to
                          act like Mr.. Clinton, and you've only been in your second term of office for
                          a year! ''

As the waitress storms away, Cheney leans over to Bush and
                          whispers..."It's pronounced 'quiche'."

Comment

• Originally posted by 16milehigh87
                            WHITE HOUSE BREAKFAST

**** Cheney and George W. Bush were having breakfast at the White House.

The attractive waitress asks Cheney what he would like, and he replies,
                            "I'd like a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit."

"And what can I get for you, Mr. President?"

George W. replies with his trademark wink and slight grin, "How about a
                            quickie this morning?"

"Why, Mr.. President!" the waitress exclaims "How rude! You're starting to
                            act like Mr.. Clinton, and you've only been in your second term of office for
                            a year! ''

As the waitress storms away, Cheney leans over to Bush and
                            whispers..."It's pronounced 'quiche'."
                            I love quickie!

Comment

• Do you sell Cuban here?

Comment

• The Chauffer
                                After getting all of Pope Benedict's luggage loaded into
                                the limo (and he doesn't travel light), the driver
                                notices that the Pope is still standing on the curb.
                                "Excuse me, Your Holiness," says the driver," Would you
                                please take your seat so we can leave?"
                                "Well, to tell you the truth," says the Pope, "they never
                                let me drive at the Vatican when I was a cardinal, and
                                I'd really like to drive today." "I'm sorry, Your
                                Holiness, but I cannot let you do that. I'd lose my job!
                                And what if something should happen?" protests the
                                driver, wishing he'd never gone to work that morning.
                                "Who's going to tell? Besides, there might be something
                                extra in it for you," says the Pope with a smile.
                                Reluctantly, the driver gets in the back as the Pope
                                climbs in behind the wheel. The driver quickly regrets
                                his decision when, after exiting the airport, the Pontiff
                                floors it, accelerating the limo to 105 mph. (Remember,
                                he's a German Pope.)
                                "Please slow down, Your Holiness!" pleads the worried
                                driver, but the Pope keeps the pedal to the metal until
                                they hear sirens. "Oh, dear God, I'm gonna lose my
                                license -- and my job!" moans the driver.
                                The Pope pulls over and rolls down the window as the cop
                                approaches, but the cop takes one look at him, goes back
                                to his motorcycle, and gets on the radio. "I need to
                                talk to the Chief," he says to the dispatcher. The Chief
                                gets on the radio and the cop tells him that he's stopped
                                a limo going a hundred and five.
                                "So bust him," says the Chief. "I don't think we want to
                                do that, he's really important," said the cop.
                                The Chief exclaimed," All the more reason!"
                                "No, I mean really important," said the cop with a bit of
                                persistence.
                                The Chief then asked, "Who ya got there, the Mayor?"
                                Cop: "Bigger."
                                Chief: " The Governor?"
                                Chief: "The President?"
                                "Well," said the Chief, "Who is it?"
                                Cop: "I think it's God!"
                                The Chief is even more puzzled and curious, "What makes
                                you think it's God?"
                                Cop: "He's got the Pope as a chauffeur."

Comment

Working...
                                X