Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordTrychon
    Drown his troubles in some pills.
    That's just like the Irish, booze and pills.........oops I didn't say that..

Comment

• Originally posted by Reidman
      WOW!! Those hours will send anybody to an early grave. I only remember working hours like that on and off when I did concrete construction. I don't miss those days AT ALL!!

It's funny where life takes you. I went from working outside, practically killing myself doing construction to an otherwise cushy job of making water for a wafer chip company in a matter of 5 yrs. I am still good friends with my ex-boss and whenever we get together I look at how tired or dragged down he is and think to myself, I'm glad I got out when I did.

I guess we're both lucky to be in the jobs we're in now huh...??
      I'm starting to want out of this one... but that's a different story...

So you make wafers? As in communal wafer chips?
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I'm starting to want out of this one... but that's a different story...

So you make wafers? As in communal wafer chips?
        LMAO , No, no nothing like that. Wafers as in semi-conductors, ie circuit chips for electronic devices.

I'm not actually involved in the manufacturing process of these circuits. Rather, I run and maintain the equipment that produces ultra-pure water which is water that is so pure a fish can't even live it (no minerals, no oxygen, no nothing....absolutley pure).

The fab uses this pure water in their manufacturing process.

We also treat the waste water that gets used from the manufacturing process. So we make the water, they use it and then send it back to us to be treadted, recycle what we can and clean it up to be used again. It's a pretty elaborate but cool process. My company that I work for is actually contracted out to the much larger Chip manufacturing company.

You could say we're the unsung/behind the scenes guys who make what they do possible...

Comment

LMAO , No, no nothing like that. Wafers as in semi-conductors, ie circuit chips for electronic devices.

I'm not actually involved in the manufacturing process of these circuits. Rather, I run and maintain the equipment that produces ultra-pure water which is water that is so pure a fish can't even live it (no minerals, no oxygen, no nothing....absolutley pure).

The fab uses this pure water in their manufacturing process.

We also treat the waste water that gets used from the manufacturing process. So we make the water, they use it and then send it back to us to be treadted, recycle what we can and clean it up to be used again. It's a pretty elaborate but cool process. My company that I work for is actually contracted out to the much larger Chip manufacturing company.

You could say we're the unsung/behind the scenes guys who make what they do possible...
          Gotcha. Makes much more sense.
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic

Comment

• Hey I just realized that yesterday alone I received 15 cp's.
            Most of those were from the congratulations thread. I think that's the most I have ever received in one day. I was looking at my point count and it had really jumped.

Comment

Hey I just realized that yesterday alone I received 15 cp's.
              Most of those were from the congratulations thread. I think that's the most I have ever received in one day. I was looking at my point count and it had really jumped.
              Dangit, I've got some catching up to do... for every 15 you get, I need 30!

I don't usually get CPs in my own congrats threads anymore... but I did the first few times. I get CPs for congratulating certain members... but that's it. I think I got 2 hits in my Congrats thread... and one was begged for because I was sitting just outside the locker room with my 500 CPs. lol.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic

Comment

Dangit, I've got some catching up to do... for every 15 you get, I need 30!

I don't usually get CPs in my own congrats threads anymore... but I did the first few times. I get CPs for congratulating certain members... but that's it. I think I got 2 hits in my Congrats thread... and one was begged for because I was sitting just outside the locker room with my 500 CPs. lol.
                For the most part I try to hit the person up unless I just gave one to them and then I can't. It's kind of an incentive for them to press on and keep making those good posts. Also it's more or less a reward for hitting a new bar.

I can't believe only 2 hit you up for your last bar. Maybe they figured they'd catch you in the cafe at some point.

Now I will be spending the next week handing out cp for my congrats thread. You and the regulars will have to wait though, I need to spread the love a little.......

Comment

For the most part I try to hit the person up unless I just gave one to them and then I can't. It's kind of an incentive for them to press on and keep making those good posts. Also it's more or less a reward for hitting a new bar.

I can't believe only 2 hit you up for your last bar. Maybe they figured they'd catch you in the cafe at some point.

Now I will be spending the next week handing out cp for my congrats thread. You and the regulars will have to wait though, I need to spread the love a little.......
                  I agree with just about all of that... A lot of times when somebody is getting congratulated, I will search them out if they haven't posted in the thread yet. Too often, though... I've hit them recently or I'm working my way through my last congrats thread.

I think I'm up to post 24 of my thread... but the hardest part is when there's people in the middle of the thread that I have to come back to, and I can't remember who, so I keep hitting them all and getting that message that you can't hit the same post twice.

My congrats thread got up to 4 pages because WhoDey was trying to get dirt out of my sister. lol.
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, and also I do think that part of the reason I only got hit twice was because either people had hit me over the past two days to help me get into the Locker Room, or because they did figure they would catch me later.

I have one annonymous CP giver or two every so often... and sometimes I can't eliminate enough people to figure it out! And I think it's someone who gives out 3 pts!
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with just about all of that... A lot of times when somebody is getting congratulated, I will search them out if they haven't posted in the thread yet. Too often, though... I've hit them recently or I'm working my way through my last congrats thread.

I think I'm up to post 24 of my thread... but the hardest part is when there's people in the middle of the thread that I have to come back to, and I can't remember who, so I keep hitting them all and getting that message that you can't hit the same post twice.

My congrats thread got up to 4 pages because WhoDey was trying to get dirt out of my sister. lol.
                      Yeah, I get that can't hit the same post twice stuff too and then if the person has posted more than once you sometimes lose sight of that and hit them twice for the same thing.

I just finished with the first wave of handing out cp's. It's funny because you and E and Whodey are all at the top of the thread so I had to skip you guys because I've given to you all recently. Tomorrow I'll hand out one and then try one of you and keep doing that until it allows me to give them.

Comment

Yeah, I get that can't hit the same post twice stuff too and then if the person has posted more than once you sometimes lose sight of that and hit them twice for the same thing.

I just finished with the first wave of handing out cp's. It's funny because you and E and Whodey are all at the top of the thread so I had to skip you guys because I've given to you all recently. Tomorrow I'll hand out one and then try one of you and keep doing that until it allows me to give them.
                        No biggie either way... you've given me many before, and I assume you'll get me again..... I just wish you'd been around longer so I could move even faster. lol.

In 300 CPs, you'll be worth 2... until July.... Then 3... Sweet.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, and also I do think that part of the reason I only got hit twice was because either people had hit me over the past two days to help me get into the Locker Room, or because they did figure they would catch me later.

I have one annonymous CP giver or two every so often... and sometimes I can't eliminate enough people to figure it out! And I think it's someone who gives out 3 pts!
                          I get those anonymous ones too and I agree, I think they are 3 pointers.
                          I always wondered who they were from. As a matter of fact, I got one yesterday but I couldn't tell you if was 3 pts or not. I'm thinking it's a mod and I often wondered if it was Jared but he said in another thread that he signs his name to his so I don't know..........

Comment

I get those anonymous ones too and I agree, I think they are 3 pointers.
                            I always wondered who they were from. As a matter of fact, I got one yesterday but I couldn't tell you if was 3 pts or not. I'm thinking it's a mod and I often wondered if it was Jared but he said in another thread that he signs his name to his so I don't know..........
                            There's only a certain number of 3s out there... I think the playmaker mods are 4...

One of the people who gives annonymously is worth three, but I think there's another one, too. I've looked for somebody in the thread who was worth three, but usually if I got hit up by the anonymous person, the only other three pointers in the thread hit me too.

I can't complain, because I've thought about going annonymous... but I'm a curious being!
                            Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Oh... and BTW... you've moved into the top 10 Cafe goers.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic

Comment

No biggie either way... you've given me many before, and I assume you'll get me again..... I just wish you'd been around longer so I could move even faster. lol.

In 300 CPs, you'll be worth 2... until July.... Then 3... Sweet.
                                I know, I know.....

I actually do feel bad sometimes because just about everyone of my close friends here can give 2 or more points per hit. I'll be there soon and then I can return the favor....

Comment

Working...
                                X