X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redbirdy80 View Post
    Holy mackerel, that's a long day.

That's crazy.
    Night shift called in sick yesterday and everyone else was off, so rather than ruin someones day off, the evening person and I split the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
      Night shift called in sick yesterday and everyone else was off, so rather than ruin someones day off, the evening person and I split the difference.
      That was nice of you. I hope there's a big fat OT check in it for you!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Morning Kap, birdy! :wave:

I got a 12 hr shift today, so I came in at 4am.....

I wish it was 2pm.... I'd only have 2 more hours!!
        I'm half way through my 12 hour shift.

Whoever thought that sh.... thing up needs a bloody good kicking!
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
          I'm half way through my 12 hour shift.

Whoever thought that sh.... thing up needs a bloody good kicking!

Normally we work 4 tens, so 2 more hrs once in a while isn't that bad, but I worked 12's, 6 on, 3 off in the Air Force for 2 1/2 years, so I know where you're comming from....

constant 12's suck....

Comment

• Wow, I'm sorry for both of you. That's one good thing about my job... the hours are consistent... 7 hrs a day, M-F...
            sigpic

Comment

Normally we work 4 tens, so 2 more hrs once in a while isn't that bad, but I worked 12's, 6 on, 3 off in the Air Force for 2 1/2 years, so I know where you're comming from....

constant 12's suck....
              I do 8-8 4 on 4 off all the time. I hate it. Before I went on holiday it was 12-8, which was sweet. I want to go back to 7am-3pm though!

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

Wow, I'm sorry for both of you. That's one good thing about my job... the hours are consistent... 7 hrs a day, M-F...
                Aren't you some sort of teacher, birdy?

Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
                I do 8-8 4 on 4 off all the time. I hate it. Before I went on holiday it was 12-8, which was sweet. I want to go back to 7am-3pm though!
                I hate the day shift.... too much brass around to bother you!!! But the homelife is better on dayshift. Get to see the wife and kids regularly... when I'm not at one of my other jobs....

Comment

Aren't you some sort of teacher, birdy?

I hate the day shift.... too much brass around to bother you!!! But the homelife is better on dayshift. Get to see the wife and kids regularly... when I'm not at one of my other jobs....
                  You got it... I'm an assistant right now, but working toward my degree.

I work with kids who have disabilities.
                  sigpic

Comment

You got it... I'm an assistant right now, but working toward my degree.

I work with kids who have disabilities.
                    That's awesome!! My wife was a high school English teacher, but wanted to be with the kids when we started having them, so she and her mom started their own business so she could take them to work with her!! My wife rocks!

She misses the kids alot, tho!!

Comment

That's awesome!! My wife was a high school English teacher, but wanted to be with the kids when we started having them, so she and her mom started their own business so she could take them to work with her!! My wife rocks!

She misses the kids alot, tho!!
                      I think that's cool that they were able to do that. I'm sure she DOES miss them. I miss mine when I'm at work, but for the most part, he's at school when I'm at work, so it works out well...

He even goes to school where I work, and I take him in with me when I go in (before school starts), so it's a pretty good deal.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think that's cool that they were able to do that. I'm sure she DOES miss them. I miss mine when I'm at work, but for the most part, he's at school when I'm at work, so it works out well...

He even goes to school where I work, and I take him in with me when I go in (before school starts), so it's a pretty good deal.

My wife wants to go back to teaching someday! If her business is still only doing so-so, she plans to go back when the girls start school.

I'm glad you don't have to be too far from you son at work... plus, you don't have to leave work if he gets called to the principle's office!!

Comment

Lynchem needs to start a creche, and work towards being a teacher. Then he could have Kaitlyn AND work!

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
                            Lynchem needs to start a creche, and work towards being a teacher. Then he could have Kaitlyn AND work!
                            ok, what's a "creche?"

Comment

My wife wants to go back to teaching someday! If her business is still only doing so-so, she plans to go back when the girls start school.

I'm glad you don't have to be too far from you son at work... plus, you don't have to leave work if he gets called to the principle's office!!
                              I hope that it works out for your wife the way she wants.

Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
                              I really hope that this all works out for him. I know he's torn up about it right now.

He'd probably be GREAT at that... I'd go to work for him
                              sigpic

Comment

ok, what's a "creche?"
                                Day Care, basically...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X