X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Den21-Bal19 View Post
    I just don't sleep

Fortunately, the rule doesn't always apply in reverse

Speaking of enjoyable time killers, I'm halfway through the next LOTF novel, fury
    I've noticed...I wish that was a habit I could pick up

Is that one of Allston's? I cant remember the names, sometimes, they sound all of the same!

And howdy Flatlander :wave:
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
      How's it going, gents?

Den, what is LOTF?
      Legacy of the Force, a series of Star Wars novels.............

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
      It stands for:

Lazy Old Turd Flingers. It's a weird English novel about angry old men.
      Less of the old!!!!!

Originally posted by SmithOverTO View Post

Is that one of Allston's? I cant remember the names, sometimes, they sound all of the same!

It can be useful at times..............

Yeah, it is one of Allston's, and I've #8, Revelation just waiting
      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
      You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

• Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
        It stands for:

Lazy Old Turd Flingers. It's a weird English novel about angry old men.

Ah, helpful as always, L30. Where would I be without your guidance?

Originally posted by SmithOverTO View Post

Hey there Smithy. How's the wild west?
        Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
        FF is awesome!

Comment

Less of the old!!!!!

It can be useful at times..............

Yeah, it is one of Allston's, and I've #8, Revelation just waiting
          Nice

It's hard to believe that LOTF is over...it's been a long run. I'm still wondering if they're going to keep in that direction or not...the characters are entering a "walker and lightsaber" range

Comment

Oh, all I could come up with was Lord of the Flies, and last I checked, that wasn't a series!

I usually read sci-fi/fantasy genre. Is the LOTF series one you would recommend? Where (if at all) does it fit with the movie series storylines?
            Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
            FF is awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmithOverTO View Post
              Nice

It's hard to believe that LOTF is over...it's been a long run. I'm still wondering if they're going to keep in that direction or not...the characters are entering a "walker and lightsaber" range
              I wonder if Incom produce a Zimmer?

As the Clone Wars series, and the 'Empire' TV series progress, I think that those areas will open up more for novels, Michael Reaves has got a trilogy of novels, Coruscant Nights, coming out starting this year set immediatley after ROTS................

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
              Oh, all I could come up with was Lord of the Flies, and last I checked, that wasn't a series!

I usually read sci-fi/fantasy genre. Is the LOTF series one you would recommend? Where (if at all) does it fit with the movie series storylines?
              To be honest, I've pretty well enjoyed all of the ones I've read, starting way back in the late 80's with Timothy Zahn's 'Thrawn' trilogy.......

They've employed some pretty good authors from the sci-fi & comic genres, and allowed them to play with the major characters (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando), flesh out the minor characters (Wedge Antilles, Ackbar, Madine, Mon Mothma), and introduce some great new characters (Talon Karrde, Mara Jade (Skywalker), Booster Terrik), but they've kept things under a very tight leash to avoid too many continuity cockups.

Timeline wise, the Battle of Yavin (A New Hope) is taken as year zero, and novels run from 1020 BBY to 40 ABY..........

The only thing that hurts, is the first novel I bought, Timothy Zahn's 'Heir To The Empire' cost me $3.............the latest novels retail over here for around $13

You'll Never Walk Alone

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Comment

• Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                Dude, you are my Idol.

That is some funny shiz!
                ... glad you like that.. And yea it is pretty hilarious how many people will hit on me.
                Its hard to do though. I thought I'd have to bait people but everyones came after me

Comment

I wonder if Incom produce a Zimmer?

As the Clone Wars series, and the 'Empire' TV series progress, I think that those areas will open up more for novels, Michael Reaves has got a trilogy of novels, Coruscant Nights, coming out starting this year set immediatley after ROTS................

To be honest, I've pretty well enjoyed all of the ones I've read, starting way back in the late 80's with Timothy Zahn's 'Thrawn' trilogy.......

They've employed some pretty good authors from the sci-fi & comic genres, and allowed them to play with the major characters (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando), flesh out the minor characters (Wedge Antilles, Ackbar, Madine, Mon Mothma), and introduce some great new characters (Talon Karrde, Mara Jade (Skywalker), Booster Terrik), but they've kept things under a very tight leash to avoid too many continuity cockups.

Timeline wise, the Battle of Yavin (A New Hope) is taken as year zero, and novels run from 1020 BBY to 40 ABY..........

The only thing that hurts, is the first novel I bought, Timothy Zahn's 'Heir To The Empire' cost me $3.............the latest novels retail over here for around $13
                  Yeah, it's all due to the declining readership across the board. If the 'uneducated' dont want to read...that's fine by me. They can watch Jerry Springer or something

Hell, I remember reading the "Young Jedi Knights" series with my oldest lad years ago. Sheesh, that must have been 10 years ago! And even I enjoyed them. It's funny...I never thought George Lucas could ever invade my life the way he has...and even my kids!

Comment

Yeah, it's all due to the declining readership across the board. If the 'uneducated' dont want to read...that's fine by me. They can watch Jerry Springer or something

Hell, I remember reading the "Young Jedi Knights" series with my oldest lad years ago. Sheesh, that must have been 10 years ago! And even I enjoyed them. It's funny...I never thought George Lucas could ever invade my life the way he has...and even my kids!
                    I've never looked at the 'YJK's', guess I'll have to start getting them in

In the meantime, I suppose I can get the monster started on Brian Daley's 'Han Solo Adventures'

Digressing slightly, as I mentioned before, I wonder if they're going to do a couple of 'proper' Indiana Jones novels, fill in the blanks between #'s 3 & 4?

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

I've never looked at the 'YJK's', guess I'll have to start getting them in

In the meantime, I suppose I can get the monster started on Brian Daley's 'Han Solo Adventures'

Digressing slightly, as I mentioned before, I wonder if they're going to do a couple of 'proper' Indiana Jones novels, fill in the blanks between #'s 3 & 4?
                      You should. They're great for the adults as well as the monsters

I'd love to see that. I really would!

Comment

You should. They're great for the adults as well as the monsters

I'd love to see that. I really would!
                        Just done a bit of looking, it seems that there have been some novels released

A Handy Guide to the Indiana Jones Novels

How'd I miss them?

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Just done a bit of looking, it seems that there have been some novels released

A Handy Guide to the Indiana Jones Novels

How'd I miss them?
                          I didn't even know that many existed...16!?

Looks most of them have been renewed for Crystal Skulls though...

Comment

I didn't even know that many existed...16!?

Looks most of them have been renewed for Crystal Skulls though...
                            I can feel a shopping spree

Doesn't look like any of them cover WWII though

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

• Hello Cafe
                              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                                Hello Cafe
                                Evenin', Larry

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Working...
                                X