Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Not in calculus...
    Am I really brain dead or are you speaking jibberish?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
      Am I really brain dead or are you speaking jibberish?
      We don't serve calculus coffee...

Comment

Yep... I was just about to give up. Most places wouldn't give me a supervisor or management position because I don't know their specific system... but a lot of places wouldn't even give me a call if I applied for entry level because I am way over qualified. Bunch of bull. This place is interested in me specifically because they think they may be adding a unique management position in a few months...

V's good... she's earning commissions on some of her work now, which is awesome.
        That's so stupid... to turn down an experienced guy because of a minor technical thing which can be easily remidied by training... and to not hire someone because they have "too much" experience... what the hell is that supposed to mean anyway? I mean, if you're willing to take a lower paying entry position, then who the hell are they to tell you no? It makes no sense...

But hopefully you get that other job, man! That'll be pretty cool!

Glad to hear V's doing well too.... Sounds like things are starting to go pretty well for you guys, and that makes me pretty excited to hear!! :dance:

Comment

We don't serve calculus coffee...
          Yeah.... all we have is trigonometry coffee.... wanna cup?

Comment

• Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
            That's so stupid... to turn down an experienced guy because of a minor technical thing which can be easily remidied by training... and to not hire someone because they have "too much" experience... what the hell is that supposed to mean anyway? I mean, if you're willing to take a lower paying entry position, then who the hell are they to tell you no? It makes no sense...

But hopefully you get that other job, man! That'll be pretty cool!

Glad to hear V's doing well too.... Sounds like things are starting to go pretty well for you guys, and that makes me pretty excited to hear!! :dance:
            Yeah... it doesn't help that a lot of companies prefer to fill management from in the company to begin with, knowledge notwithstanding. As for the overqualified, I think it comes from a fear that I'll leave before long looking for something better... which may have been true in the wrong circumstance... although this one looks like the perfect circumstance... although in a lower quality establishment than I'd hoped. Oh well.

Wish Denny was here... picked up Fifa 08 to give more incentive to Fred's boy... could use some pointers that I'm sure he could help with.

Comment

• Haha! Yeah all right, my mind is quite numb. Sure, I'll take a cup of trig jet - It'll go down nice and easy. :thumb:

Funny to see who hangs out in each forum, you got your GD's, Talkin Smack and ABF really... I find it almost peaceful in here.

Comment

Haha! Yeah all right, my mind is quite numb. Sure, I'll take a cup of trig jet - It'll go down nice and easy. :thumb:

Funny to see who hangs out in each forum, you got your GD's, Talkin Smack and ABF really... I find it almost peaceful in here.
                *pulls out knife*

You wanna make something out of it?!

Comment

Yeah... it doesn't help that a lot of companies prefer to fill management from in the company to begin with, knowledge notwithstanding. As for the overqualified, I think it comes from a fear that I'll leave before long looking for something better... which may have been true in the wrong circumstance... although this one looks like the perfect circumstance... although in a lower quality establishment than I'd hoped. Oh well.

Wish Denny was here... picked up Fifa 08 to give more incentive to Fred's boy... could use some pointers that I'm sure he could help with.
                  I haven't talked to Denny in quite a while. He must be busy with work.... How's SoF? You getting him Bronco-washed?

Comment

Haha! Yeah all right, my mind is quite numb. Sure, I'll take a cup of trig jet - It'll go down nice and easy. :thumb:

here you go

and as far as the jibberish goes, that's because you speak a weird form of English

yeah, I don't hardly bother going to GD during the week after a loss... it's just miserable in there and you can forget smack!!

Comment

*pulls out knife*

You call that a knife?

Now that's a knife...

Anyways... a knife? Aren't you supposed to be Sith?

Comment

I haven't talked to Denny in quite a while. He must be busy with work.... How's SoF? You getting him Bronco-washed?
                        He's pretty much indifferent... if anything, I worry he may resent the fact that we go out to watch the game... we let him choose to come, which he doesn't... stays with his grandparents instead. Almost came last week, but decided when we were already late and he wasn't ready to go.

Comment

*pulls out knife*

that's pretty crude for a sith

this is more my speed

Comment

You call that a knife?

Now that's a knife...

Anyways... a knife? Aren't you supposed to be Sith?
                            Well, I WAS gonna take it easy on ya...

Comment

He's pretty much indifferent... if anything, I worry he may resent the fact that we go out to watch the game... we let him choose to come, which he doesn't... stays with his grandparents instead. Almost came last week, but decided when we were already late and he wasn't ready to go.
                              well maybe better start him out slow, then!!

don't wanna have any overkill!!!

Comment

well maybe better start him out slow, then!!

don't wanna have any overkill!!!
                                He wasn't really raised on football... so he doesn't have the draw naturally, although he knows a little. He doesn't really have the attention span for it at the moment.

*shrug*

Comment

Working...
                                X