No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure... everyone leaves just as I show up..... story of my life.... :jetrazor:

Comment

• Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
      Sure... everyone leaves just as I show up..... story of my life.... :jetrazor:
      Have we figured out what :jetrazor: actually is yet?
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
        Have we figured out what :jetrazor: actually is yet?
        not really.... It's sort of an all purpose emoticon based on my current mood

Comment

not really.... It's sort of an all purpose emoticon
          Yeah... :jetrazor: you!
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah... :jetrazor: you!
            yeah, kind of like that. I first used it as kind of a "saddish" type of way, and you just used it in a "you're my hero" type of way!!! :jetrazor: <--- ("you've got it" kind of way)

Comment

yeah, kind of like that. I first used it as kind of a "saddish" type of way, and you just used it in a "you're my hero" type of way!!! :jetrazor: <--- ("you've got it" kind of way)
              :jetrazor: this :jetrazor: :jetrazor:.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic

Comment

:jetrazor: this :jetrazor: :jetrazor:.
                the best :jetrazor: thing about using :jetrazor: is that it's not subject to the :jetrazor: 5 emoticon rule! :jetrazor:

Comment

the best :jetrazor: thing about using :jetrazor: is that it's not subject to the :jetrazor: 5 emoticon rule! :jetrazor:
                  Yeah... whatever.

:LT:
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah... whatever.

:LT:
                    so..... do you know when you start?

Comment

so..... do you know when you start?
                      Tomorrow at three.

I'm going to miss the Broncos game (figures when it's actually one I can watch from home).

I'll be working a couple of 7:00 to 3:00ams as well... but I don't know if internet will be readily available, sadly.
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic

Comment

Tomorrow at three.

I'm going to miss the Broncos game (figures when it's actually one I can watch from home).

I'll be working a couple of 7:00 to 3:00ams as well... but I don't know if internet will be readily available, sadly.
                        I'm glad you got that job. Sucks that you're gonna miss the game. I may miss the game too, depending on whether I have to work at "the Hut" or not.

Do you still have your cell? If so, I might give you a buzz this weekend, if you think it's alright.

I finished reading Dark Lord: Rise of Vader. I was kind of dissappointed. I was really expecting a little bit more info than just some minor tale about hunting a jedi down. Plus, I was expecting it to be more about Vader. It focused way to much on Shryne, I thought.

Comment

I'm glad you got that job. Sucks that you're gonna miss the game. I may miss the game too, depending on whether I have to work at "the Hut" or not.

Do you still have your cell? If so, I might give you a buzz this weekend, if you think it's alright.

I finished reading Dark Lord: Rise of Vader. I was kind of dissappointed. I was really expecting a little bit more info than just some minor tale about hunting a jedi down. Plus, I was expecting it to be more about Vader. It focused way to much on Shryne, I thought.
                          I still have it... I'll probably send out mass notifications when it changes.

I liked it, but it wasn't what I expected either. *shrug*
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic

Comment

I still have it... I'll probably send out mass notifications when it changes.

I liked it, but it wasn't what I expected either. *shrug*
                            I liked the book overall, except I thought it tried to make Vader into a character that you feel sorry for, instead of the hardcore villian that he is. At least that's how I felt. They just really tried to push the fact that Sidious manipulated him from the start, as if he never really had a choice in the matter.

Comment

I liked the book overall, except I thought it tried to make Vader into a character that you feel sorry for, instead of the hardcore villian that he is. At least that's how I felt. They just really tried to push the fact that Sidious manipulated him from the start, as if he never really had a choice in the matter.
                              Well, it's a mixed bag. The truth is (and I've held this for a long time) that if you look at the SW saga as a whole, it's a tragedy with the tragic character being Anakin Skywalker.

He really did do all the evil things that we associated him with in the latter episodes... but he didn't start out that way. He struggles with his identity, but stays the course until the very very end.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, it's a mixed bag. The truth is (and I've held this for a long time) that if you look at the SW saga as a whole, it's a tragedy with the tragic character being Anakin Skywalker.

He really did do all the evil things that we associated him with in the latter episodes... but he didn't start out that way. He struggles with his identity, but stays the course until the very very end.
                                Your right. It just seems to me that Episodes 1-3 soften Vader's "villiany" so to speak. I mean, now that you know his back story, you just can't quite bring yourself to hate and fear the Darth Vader of Ep 4-6, because you know that somewhere in there is a man who still loves his wife and kids and did what he thought he had to do to save them and create a world of peace for them. Even in Empire, Vader wanted Luke to join him so that he could have power to over throw Sidious, squash the rebellion and bring peace to the galaxy. Only in the end did he realize that he needed to stand by Luke to accomplish those goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X