Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    Your right. It just seems to me that Episodes 1-3 soften Vader's "villiany" so to speak. I mean, now that you know his back story, you just can't quite bring yourself to hate and fear the Darth Vader of Ep 4-6, because you know that somewhere in there is a man who still loves his wife and kids and did what he thought he had to do to save them and create a world of peace for them. Even in Empire, Vader wanted Luke to join him so that he could have power to over throw Sidious, squash the rebellion and bring peace to the galaxy. Only in the end did he realize that he needed to stand by Luke to accomplish those goals.
    Like you said... the hints were there even in Empire... but we didn't know everything at that point...

Although I would argue that he wouldn't necessarily bring peace...

In any case... I get chills every time I see him take out the 'younglings'. Also when he's screaming at Obi-Wan.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• I was also a little disappointed in "The Force Unleashed" I was expecting that you would spend most of the time hunting Jedi, and not being the person that starts the rebels.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        I was also a little disappointed in "The Force Unleashed" I was expecting that you would spend most of the time hunting Jedi, and not being the person that starts the rebels.
        You dare besmirch my avatar?
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          I was also a little disappointed in "The Force Unleashed" I was expecting that you would spend most of the time hunting Jedi, and not being the person that starts the rebels.
          Great! Now I guess there's no reason to read THAT book!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
            Like you said... the hints were there even in Empire... but we didn't know everything at that point...

In any case... I get chills every time I see him take out the 'younglings'. Also when he's screaming at Obi-Wan.
            I get chills from that too. And hard gas. Bad acting has that effect on me.

Comment

Great! Now I guess there's no reason to read THAT book!
              Still worth reading in my opinion. I was very tempted to edit South's post for you. Sorry.

Seeing it played out in cutscenes was also a lot of fun. Was playing around on IMDB the other day and noticed that my avatar (the Apprentice) plays a big role in last season of Smallville... I can't wait to pick that up and watch it.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic

Comment

No, in reality he wouldn't have brought peace, but to him, in his own warped way of thinking, he would have. It would have been peace by fear and oppression.

And I was just going to ask you who wrote the Force Unleashed book.

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                  What about Chilis?
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic

Comment

No, in reality he wouldn't have brought peace, but to him, in his own warped way of thinking, he would have. It would have been peace by fear and oppression.

And I was just going to ask you who wrote the Force Unleashed book.
                    I was thinking Lucerno, but that was the Vader book.

Story by Haden Blackman... Novel by Sean Williams.
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic

Comment

What about Chilis?
                      The restaurant or the food? Because the answer is yes.

Comment

I'd have to say the acting wasn't what was bad, but the written dialoge that was. I don't think you could have found an actor that could have done better in that role, with the dialog that was available.

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                        Still worth reading in my opinion. I was very tempted to edit South's post for you. Sorry.

Seeing it played out in cutscenes was also a lot of fun. Was playing around on IMDB the other day and noticed that my avatar (the Apprentice) plays a big role in last season of Smallville... I can't wait to pick that up and watch it.
                        Yeah, I'll still read it, despite the fact that South just blew the ending for me! :jetrazor:

I was never able to get into Smallville. Just didn't have the time, although I've heard alot of good things about it.

Comment

The restaurant or the food? Because the answer is yes.
                          now I'm hungry for ribs for some reason......

Comment

I'd have to say the acting wasn't what was bad, but the written dialoge that was. I don't think you could have found an actor that could have done better in that role, with the dialog that was available.

Yeah, I'll still read it, despite the fact that South just blew the ending for me! :jetrazor:

I was never able to get into Smallville. Just didn't have the time, although I've heard alot of good things about it.
                            I've always followed it after the fact on DVD. Can't afford it now... but maybe later or by rental. I may end up having lots of time to myself depending on the way my schedule forms up eventually.

As for TFU... there's plenty of good twists and fun stuff in there... if you're like me, you may even forget that you know kinda what will happen. Believe me, there's a lot to it.

In the end.... I'm under the weather and really need to pretend to be tired so I'm rested up tomorrow... I didn't get much of my pre-training in with the software this evening because I didn't feel like it and football was on. The more I can review, the better.

Catch you guys later.

:LT:
                            Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic

Comment

I've always followed it after the fact on DVD. Can't afford it now... but maybe later or by rental. I may end up having lots of time to myself depending on the way my schedule forms up eventually.

As for TFU... there's plenty of good twists and fun stuff in there... if you're like me, you may even forget that you know kinda what will happen. Believe me, there's a lot to it.

In the end.... I'm under the weather and really need to pretend to be tired so I'm rested up tomorrow... I didn't get much of my pre-training in with the software this evening because I didn't feel like it and football was on. The more I can review, the better.

Catch you guys later.

:LT:
                              Later, brother! Have a good night, and good luck tomorrow!! :jetrazor:

Comment

True, very true.

Comment

Working...
                                X