No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn... So who is ready for the weekend?

Good night Bmania.

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      Damn... So who is ready for the weekend?

Good night Bmania.

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!! Already looking ahead....

I foresee a bad case of the mondays for me tomorrow morning.

:brick::shake:
      A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!! Already looking ahead....

I foresee a bad case of the mondays for me tomorrow morning.

:brick::shake:
        I have tomorrow off. I love my union gig, I get presidents day off paid

I am anti-union politically speaking, but forced to be in it for my job. It is the best job I have ever had so I can't complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
          I have tomorrow off. I love my union gig, I get presidents day off paid

I am anti-union politically speaking, but forced to be in it for my job. It is the best job I have ever had so I can't complain.
          What line of work are you in, if you don't mind the asking?
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
            What line of work are you in, if you don't mind the asking?
            I am a Substation Electrician for a utility company. Most of our time is spent waiting for things to happen ie power outages, equipment failure. There is a lot of waiting and down time, but when something does go wrong we earn our pay. My co-worker and I like to say "They don't pay us for what we do, they pay us for what we are capable of doing."

This down time is one reason why I get to post so much from work. My job also sends me out of town quite a bit for classes. I am an Apprentice. I was an electrician for 8 years previous, but when I started working for a utility it was like starting all over again.

Comment

I am a Substation Electrician for a utility company. Most of our time is spent waiting for things to happen ie power outages, equipment failure. There is a lot of waiting and down time, but when something does go wrong we earn our pay. My co-worker and I like to say "They don't pay us for what we do, they pay us for what we are capable of doing."

This down time is one reason why I get to post so much from work. My job also sends me out of town quite a bit for classes. I am an Apprentice. I was an electrician for 8 years previous, but when I started working for a utility it was like starting all over again.
              It sucks that you had to start from scratch.

Employees here were discussing that the managers get paid more and do less than the employees. In the end, they did come to the correct conclusion though... they are paid for what they are capable of handling... not always what they handle.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                It sucks that you had to start from scratch.

Employees here were discussing that the managers get paid more and do less than the employees. In the end, they did come to the correct conclusion though... they are paid for what they are capable of handling... not always what they handle.
                I started from scratch but I am making more money than I ever did wiring houses, so that's cool.

To be honest, we should do more work than we do. I think that is one pitfall of Unions. We know what we can get away with, and we skirt that edge all the time. I personally don't like the attitude of it, but being an Apprentice I am actually not allowed to do anything by myself so I have to just go with it.

We deal with voltages up to 345,000 volts though, so safety and precaution are really our most important job.

Comment

I started from scratch but I am making more money than I ever did wiring houses, so that's cool.

To be honest, we should do more work than we do. I think that is one pitfall of Unions. We know what we can get away with, and we skirt that edge all the time. I personally don't like the attitude of it, but being an Apprentice I am actually not allowed to do anything by myself so I have to just go with it.

We deal with voltages up to 345,000 volts though, so safety and precaution are really our most important job.
                  That, and fixing my damn power!
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Is this the checkout lane for going through a rough patch ....

I'm ready to get up on out of here ....
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• afternoon, folks! :wave:

Comment

• Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                        afternoon, folks! :wave:
                        heya Jetdawg!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by biglenny View Post
                          heya Jetdawg!!!
                          Len-dawg!!! what up, my man?

Comment

Len-dawg!!! what up, my man?
                            Chillin like a Villan!!! chewing my damn kids ass cause he cant seem to do his damn homework!!! Damn X-box is more important

Comment

• Originally posted by biglenny View Post
                              Chillin like a Villan!!! chewing my damn kids ass cause he cant seem to do his damn homework!!! Damn X-box is more important
                              I got a quick fix for that one, bro.

Step 1. Dig through junk drawer for scissors.

Step 2. Go to tool box and get tin snips because you can't find a damn thing in the junk drawer.

Step 3. Threaten to cut his thumbs off.

Step 4. Cut cords from X-box to tv because your kid just laughed when you threatened to cut his thumbs off.

Step 5. Go to wal-mart and buy replacement cord because now you want to play it, but can't.

:thumb:

Comment

I got a quick fix for that one, bro.

Step 1. Dig through junk drawer for scissors.

Step 2. Go to tool box and get tin snips because you can't find a damn thing in the junk drawer.

Step 3. Threaten to cut his thumbs off.

Step 4. Cut cords from X-box to tv because your kid just laughed when you threatened to cut his thumbs off.

Step 5. Go to wal-mart and buy replacement cord because now you want to play it, but can't.

:thumb:

yea man!!

It dose'nt help when my damn brothers tell him not to pay attention to your dad he's a Nazi!:hammer: Not that they have any kids and have any idea what its like to rais three boys!

Comment

Working...
                                X