Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    It well and truly knocks the stuffing out of people losing a partner.
    Break ups are bad enough let alone bereavement.

I lost my husband on Father's Day 2008, nearly 4 years ago....yet it still seems as if it happened yesterday. I never imagined I would be a widow at such a young age, but as the saying goes, things happen for a reason. Took me nearly 2 years to decide what path to take, but once the decision was made, I left everything behind in Florida and moved to Colorado. One of the best decisions I've ever made......

Still can't seem to move on though and get into another relationship....it's tough and I'm not afraid to say I'm wary/scared.
    sigpic
    2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
      Jaws!!!!!! What shall I have the barkeep pour us?
      I'll have what's in my sig
      It will go down well with the two soccer games I'm hopping between. Wales v Mexico in New York City and a Soccer Aid game on the other channel between England and the Rest of the World.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
        I lost my husband on Father's Day 2008, nearly 4 years ago....yet it still seems as if it happened yesterday. I never imagined I would be a widow at such a young age, but as the saying goes, things happen for a reason. Took me nearly 2 years to decide what path to take, but once the decision was made, I left everything behind in Florida and moved to Colorado. One of the best decisions I've ever made......

Still can't seem to move on though and get into another relationship....it's tough and I'm not afraid to say I'm wary/scared.
        I can imagine it is still very raw and am sorry for your loss.
        It's good that you've been able to move though and a clean start must help with the healing process.
        Having experienced a break up last year after a four year relationship which is nowhere near as devastating as losing a spouse, I still can't see myself in another relationship for quite sometime. I dont' feel ready somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
          I can imagine it is still very raw and am sorry for your loss.
          It's good that you've been able to move though and a clean start must help with the healing process.
          Having experienced a break up last year after a four year relationship which is nowhere near as devastating as losing a spouse, I still can't see myself in another relationship for quite sometime. I dont' feel ready somehow.
          Thanks for your kind words, Jaws, it's been tough at times.
          My daughter and I have been there for each other and I don't think I would have been able to move on as quickly if it wasn't for her. Tough times don't last but tough people do.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.

Relationships will come. You're a very courageous person. You love Broncos and NASCAR. You know how many guys are looking for someone like you?

Do you know how many single guys are on this board?

Yeah, hubby would tell me to mind my own business.
            Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              I'm sorry for your loss.

Relationships will come. You're a very courageous person. You love Broncos and NASCAR. You know how many guys are looking for someone like you?

Do you know how many single guys are on this board?

Yeah, hubby would tell me to mind my own business.
              you crack me up Peanut... you're right... but you crack me up
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                I'm here for your entertainment?
                Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  I'm here for your entertainment?
                  I get in trouble when people of the female gender ask me this question...

sigpic

Comment

I get in trouble when people of the female gender ask me this question...

It can get you into trouble.

Or get the party started.

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post

It can get you into trouble.

Or get the party started.

I know what you mean buddy

Anyways... I'll have the chicken fried steak and eggs, with a side of bacon and hashbrowns please!

sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean buddy

Anyways... I'll have the chicken fried steak and eggs, with a side of bacon and hashbrowns please!
                        Coming right up.

Omg I'm so hungry now.

Comment

LOL, as they say, laughter is the BEST medicine...watching the shenanigans on this board also cracks me up.

It's breakfast time in the Cafe! Coffee and an english muffin, please!
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL, as they say, laughter is the BEST medicine...watching the shenanigans on this board also cracks me up.

It's breakfast time in the Cafe! Coffee and an english muffin, please!
                            Everytime is coffee time!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                              Everytime is coffee time!!!!!!
                              Dam straight! I'm about to make me some coffee right now!

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                                Dam straight! I'm about to make me some coffee right now!
                                Your love of coffee can almost excuse your love of flat-billed caps.

But not quite.

Comment

Working...
                                X