• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *yawn*

It's too early.

Always.

Comment

• My cafe related anecdote today is one of narrowly avoiding getting caught up in an armed siege!!

Following a visit to my Uncle and Aunt's to drop off Christmas presents, my Mum and I decided to take a 12 mile detour South West so we could pay a visit to our favourite Cafe and grab some Carrot and Pistachio cake as well as the best coffee in the county.
      However on arriving our access to the town square was denied by Police so we went to Starbucks on the periphery of town.
      On arriving home a few hours later we discovered the town had been in lockdown with armed police with semi automatics, tear gas and shields on scene. The incident terminated peacefully after three hours I'm glad to report!
      That was rather too close for comfort!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        My cafe related anecdote today is one of narrowly avoiding getting caught up in an armed siege!!

Following a visit to my Uncle and Aunt's to drop off Christmas presents, my Mum and I decided to take a 12 mile detour South West so we could pay a visit to our favourite Cafe and grab some Carrot and Pistachio cake as well as the best coffee in the county.
        However on arriving our access to the town square was denied by Police so we went to Starbucks on the periphery of town.
        On arriving home a few hours later we discovered the town had been in lockdown with armed police with semi automatics, tear gas and shields on scene. The incident terminated peacefully after three hours I'm glad to report!
        Wow. That cake must be really good.

Glad you are both safe

Comment

My cafe related anecdote today is one of narrowly avoiding getting caught up in an armed siege!!

They sure must make good cake and coffee at that café!!!!

(I would not have messed with you had it been anything but a peaceful resolution):thumb:

Comment

• Thanks Rastic

My passion for Coffee almost got me into trouble CanDB!

Comment

Thanks Rastic

My passion for Coffee almost got me into trouble CanDB!
              Glad you're safe. Some "excitement" should be avoided.

I need another cup of coffee. That's my excitement for today.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                Glad you're safe. Some "excitement" should be avoided.

I need another cup of coffee. That's my excitement for today.
                1st thing I did after I got home and discovered the full story was have another coffee! #addict

Comment

• "My cafe related anecdote today is one of narrowly avoiding getting caught up in an ARMED siege!!"

I did no such things!

Wonder if it was carrot who was mad or the pistachio and they took the cake hostage?

Glad your safe!
                  Last edited by armedequation; 12-20-2017, 05:24 PM.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Lucky for them you weren't there. They don't know who they were potentially messing with!

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                    "My cafe related anecdote today is one of narrowly avoiding getting caught up in an ARMED siege!!"

I did no such things!

Wonder if it was carrot who was mad or the pistachio and they took the cake hostage?

Glad your safe!

Comment

• Be wary of the Christmas shopper siege!!!! These folks take no prisoners....and they will start by gulping your wonderful cup of coffee!!

Comment

• I could go for a coffee or two about now.

Comment

• Comment

• Interesting note...

One of my pickem groups asks for who will score the most and least points each week for tiebreakers.

I pick the Browns for fewest every week.

Comment

• mornin'

hope it's warmer there than it is here

Comment

• Supposedly it's about 45 outside... so... probably?

Comment

Working...
                                X