Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

You know mochi?

I have both in the freezer. Now I want some. Ice cream at 3:30AM?
    Mochi is good stuff. I think the only thing Japanese that I have tried and didn't care for was uni. Like fishy cotton candy.

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Ice cream at anytime is a great idea
      True!

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      My mom always had mochi at home. Super yummy!
      I like your mom.

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Mochi is good stuff. I think the only thing Japanese that I have tried and didn't care for was uni. Like fishy cotton candy.
      Agree on the uni. My mom loved grilled/baked squid. The smell was so bad that I never tried it.

Not surprised that you and eb know some different Japanese food since you're in CA.
      Administrator
      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

True!

I like your mom.

Agree on the uni. My mom loved grilled/baked squid. The smell was so bad that I never tried it.

Not surprised that you and eb know some different Japanese food since you're in CA.
        Years ago I dated a lady who's maternal side is Japanese. Very proud and respectful culture. I learned a LOT from her. And was introduced to quite a bit too.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          Years ago I dated a lady who's maternal side is Japanese. Very proud and respectful culture. I learned a LOT from her. And was introduced to quite a bit too.
          I remember. I love learning about other cultures.
          Administrator
          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I remember. I love learning about other cultures.
            HAHA! Guess that means we've been around awhile?

Comment

• Cultures yes, a lot of the food....maybe not so much. When i was stationed in seattle i remember bubble tea being a big thing and the bubbles made me think of fish eggs or the drink orbits which made me think of fish eggs. Just couldnt do it. Now if we are talking korean bbq or something like that...

Im mostly irish and dont think i would like a lot of the traditional food. Too much cabbage amd boiled potatoes
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Morning everyone. For some reason, I could not fall asleep last night. Went to bed around 11pm and I swear I kept looking at the clock every hour until I think 3:20am or so was the last I remember.

Chugging the coffee today before another day of grinding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                  Morning everyone. For some reason, I could not fall asleep last night. Went to bed around 11pm and I swear I kept looking at the clock every hour until I think 3:20am or so was the last I remember.

Chugging the coffee today before another day of grinding.
                  I've experienced this too many times, as have many others. It is especially disheartening when you know you have to go to work for a full day. It's a double whammy in the wrong direction, and I feel for you. Being tired and having to be wide awake. I could give you the usual list of things to try, but you are a smart dude. If this is a one off, it may just be nothing more than an incident. Could be inner "anxiousness" over something that is not even apparent to you. Clearly when it happens a lot, it requires more analysis.

My wife is not a good sleeper, and she has done most of the right things, but still can not get back to the sound sleeper she once was. This bumpier road began soon after our first child. But all these years, she can't even explain why, given nothing is bothering her.....(other than a certain male who lives in the same house.)

I respect these poor souls who live thru this problem. They are tired, they get head aches, they do not perform at their best.....but some are strong in their effort to get better.

But I have a hunch this will not be a problem for you. :thumb:

further to......my wife does sleep better to some degree, thanks to some simple changes she's made, so all is not too bad. And if you want more details on what might work, we can share here, or you can always pm me pal!
                  Last edited by CanDB; 03-06-2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                    Cultures yes, a lot of the food....maybe not so much. When i was stationed in seattle i remember bubble tea being a big thing and the bubbles made me think of fish eggs or the drink orbits which made me think of fish eggs. Just couldnt do it. Now if we are talking korean bbq or something like that...

Im mostly irish and dont think i would like a lot of the traditional food. Too much cabbage amd boiled potatoes
                    Bubble Tea... SO glad that didn't catch in here. I tried a sip once and never again. Too wierd!

Comment

HAHA! Guess that means we've been around awhile?
                      Was it that long ago? And, yes, we've been here awhile.
                      Administrator
                      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

Was it that long ago? And, yes, we've been here awhile.
                        Five... maybe almost six years ago or thereabouts?

Comment

Bubble Tea... SO glad that didn't catch in here. I tried a sip once and never again. Too wierd!
                          Love the boba tea!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I've experienced this too many times, as have many others. It is especially disheartening when you know you have to go to work for a full day. It's a double whammy in the wrong direction, and I feel for you. Being tired and having to be wide awake. I could give you the usual list of things to try, but you are a smart dude. If this is a one off, it may just be nothing more than an incident. Could be inner "anxiousness" over something that is not even apparent to you. Clearly when it happens a lot, it requires more analysis.

My wife is not a good sleeper, and she has done most of the right things, but still can not get back to the sound sleeper she once was. This bumpier road began soon after our first child. But all these years, she can't even explain why, given nothing is bothering her.....(other than a certain male who lives in the same house.)

I respect these poor souls who live thru this problem. They are tired, they get head aches, they do not perform at their best.....but some are strong in their effort to get better.

But I have a hunch this will not be a problem for you. :thumb:

further to......my wife does sleep better to some degree, thanks to some simple changes she's made, so all is not too bad. And if you want more details on what might work, we can share here, or you can always pm me pal!
                            Slept GREAT last night, I wonder why?

Comment

• Lunch time!!!!!

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                                Lunch time!!!!!

Solid pass on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X