Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Great post, as always CanDB!

Your comment about the importance of properly welcoming new members... that's exactly how I felt then, how I feel now, and how I remember feeling when I first started posting.

Your story reminds me of my early days as well. Javalon, TheDarkKnight, Reidman, Emancipator... those were some of (but not all) my early influences. I was and am very proud to call them my friends, as well as all the friends I made along the way.

Thank you for not taking offense. It helps to assuage the guilt a bit.

As for your thread style... you be you. Don't change due to real or perceived outside pressure. (If *you* feel like changing, then do that!)

Ah... I've missed you guys.
    I will chat a bit more with you, because this is meaningful to me. Not expecting you to hang around too long on this topic, but whatever works!

Yes, I remember the respect I had for your team. And I wondered, are these folks all sci fi gurus or what??? Actually made me feel safer, because those type of dudes are usually pretty much open to anything! And the fact you were writing your own script/book (sorry if I mix them up). It was so interesting.

And of course the regular members. I will not delve into details, because I do not know what or why or how. But I sure miss the feeling I had when I started to become partners in crime with some. I felt so good back then!! In fact, for years I felt good, because I would look forward to creating threads, just based on what popped into my head during my activities. Whether I was working, or at the gym, or anywhere...I would get an idea and jot down the key points so that I was ready to pump out a story on my laptop later.

And who will forget those battles between Rav and gang! I tried to steer clear. Pages of argument....BUT, lots of support info!

Can you believe I was pushing around the idea of us having a Broncos Country "convention" of some sort, in Denver. Some speeches, some dinner and drinks, some guest appearances. I had visualized that a Bronco or a coach or someone from the organization would show up...maybe even with a gift or two. I mean it, I was talking it up with a couple of others. I don't want to say who, because I am forgetting that part. Possibly Joe. Sorry to anyone if I have forgotten you. I don't want to assume or leave folks out.

I miss some of the way we were back then, for sure.

But glad you came back today....nice trip down memory lane.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I will chat a bit more with you, because this is meaningful to me. Not expecting you to hang around too long on this topic, but whatever works!

Yes, I remember the respect I had for your team. And I wondered, are these folks all sci fi gurus or what??? Actually made me feel safer, because those type of dudes are usually pretty much open to anything! And the fact you were writing your own script/book (sorry if I mix them up). It was so interesting.

And of course the regular members. I will not delve into details, because I do not know what or why or how. But I sure miss the feeling I had when I started to become partners in crime with some. I felt so good back then!! In fact, for years I felt good, because I would look forward to creating threads, just based on what popped into my head during my activities. Whether I was working, or at the gym, or anywhere...I would get an idea and jot down the key points so that I was ready to pump out a story on my laptop later.

And who will forget those battles between Rav and gang! I tried to steer clear. Pages of argument....BUT, lots of support info!

Can you believe I was pushing around the idea of us having a Broncos Country "convention" of some sort, in Denver. Some speeches, some dinner and drinks, some guest appearances. I had visualized that a Bronco or a coach or someone from the organization would show up...maybe even with a gift or two. I mean it, I was talking it up with a couple of others. I don't want to say who, because I am forgetting that part. Possibly Joe. Sorry to anyone if I have forgotten you. I don't want to assume or leave folks out.

I miss some of the way we were back then, for sure.

But glad you came back today....nice trip down memory lane.

Great times, great times!

Yeah, absolutely. The details are all hazy, but the warm fuzzy (usually, ) feelings are not hazy. I have great memories of this place... just that my prescription sucks and I can't make out the details.

Nothing will ever recreate or compare to those times for me.

This place is amazing. I'm glad it's here, and I'm really glad that it's still active, and best yet... the Cafe is going strong. I'm so very proud.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Great times, great times!

Yeah, absolutely. The details are all hazy, but the warm fuzzy (usually, ) feelings are not hazy. I have great memories of this place... just that my prescription sucks and I can't make out the details.

Nothing will ever recreate or compare to those times for me.

This place is amazing. I'm glad it's here, and I'm really glad that it's still active, and best yet... the Cafe is going strong. I'm so very proud.
        Don't want to interrupt your conversation. But, Hi !
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I see you, Peanut... come say hi...
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic

Comment

I see you, Peanut... come say hi...

You still have your powers.
            Administrator
            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• LOL!

I was too slow. Dang.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

You still have your powers.
                How are you? How's the weather there 'Back home'?
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic

Comment

LOL!

I was too slow. Dang.
                  By half a second?

Glad you're doing well. And I glad we still have this place, especially with the current situation.
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

How are you? How's the weather there 'Back home'?
                    Doing good, thanks. We're actually having a spring this year.
                    Administrator
                    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

By half a second?

Glad you're doing well. And I glad we still have this place, especially with the current situation.
                      Yes. Half a second is too slow. By half a second.
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic

Comment

Doing good, thanks. We're actually having a spring this year.
                        We got a new place in Oct. We have woods and stream in our back yard.

Definitely enjoying our spring.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes. Half a second is too slow. By half a second.
                          We're posting on top of each other. We even took a break at the same time.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

We got a new place in Oct. We have woods and stream in our back yard.

Definitely enjoying our spring.
                            Nice! We have "woods" across the street and the only stream we get is when it floods. I'm liking your place better.
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

We're posting on top of each other. We even took a break at the same time.
                              Still in sync after all these years.

I bet you're faster to delete posts than me now though.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice! We have "woods" across the street and the only stream we get is when it floods. I'm liking your place better.
                                Well, the stream was dry when we moved in. Knew it would fill up from time to time, but really didn't know how much or when. (Other than the obvious... it rains all the time here). It filled up a few weeks later and hasn't been empty since.

A few weeks ago we got little fish in there! We were shocked!

Yesterday (I think) I saw a Great Blue Heron in there fishing. Amazing. We are so blessed.
                                Thanks, Reid!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X