Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Same as usual... doing well enough. Can't complain, as we're doing well all things considered, I guess.

I'm not ready to be old enough that my pet shark has granddaughters in school. It's great that she loves it though... just have to find a way to keep that attitude for a dozen or more years.

Positivity is important. Struggling with stress at the moment, but that's nothing new. Whatever makes me happy would be a vacation, but that seems so far out of sight.... lol.
    I was thinking that there are going to be some really good deals in various warm spots....IF you can trust the safety on planes/vacation locations. Can't imagine too many "Inclusives" however, given the staffing requirements to manage the restaurants and so on. I sure feel for those employed in the travel/vacation business.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      Same as usual... doing well enough. Can't complain, as we're doing well all things considered, I guess.

I'm not ready to be old enough that my pet shark has granddaughters in school. It's great that she loves it though... just have to find a way to keep that attitude for a dozen or more years.

Positivity is important. Struggling with stress at the moment, but that's nothing new. Whatever makes me happy would be a vacation, but that seems so far out of sight.... lol.
      Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      That's so cute.

She's such a young grandshark.

You can vacation here. We have a pool, some fruity drinks and great company.
      A half century old grandshark as of last month. LT should watch out if he takes you up on that offer, there might be sharks in that pool!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I was thinking that there are going to be some really good deals in various warm spots....IF you can trust the safety on planes/vacation locations. Can't imagine too many "Inclusives" however, given the staffing requirements to manage the restaurants and so on. I sure feel for those employed in the travel/vacation business.
        I'm sure there are with so many people staycationing. Caravan and motorhome sales have gone up 30% in this country since the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
          I'm sure there are with so many people staycationing. Caravan and motorhome sales have gone up 30% in this country since the pandemic.
          I don't mind staycationing within our country. There are different rules and regs in various parts of Canada (incl. quarantines in some places), but I still have lots to see, as I am sure so have you in your great country. But we do like to travel elsewhere at times, to see what's out there, meet the people, see the sights, taste the foods, and embrace whatever cultures we can. Oh yeah, to escape the winter cold for a warmer version of life.

But again, those poor travel/vaca folks have been crushed due to the pandemic.

I hope next year, will show promise. Mind you, one of my friends and family are looking into a trip to Hawaii this winter. They do not do well with winters at home. An important aspect for many will be the availability of covid insurance, when in another country.

Comment

I don't mind staycationing within our country. There are different rules and regs in various parts of Canada (incl. quarantines in some places), but I still have lots to see, as I am sure so have you in your great country. But we do like to travel elsewhere at times, to see what's out there, meet the people, see the sights, taste the foods, and embrace whatever cultures we can. Oh yeah, to escape the winter cold for a warmer version of life.

But again, those poor travel/vaca folks have been crushed due to the pandemic.

I hope next year, will show promise. Mind you, one of my friends and family are looking into a trip to Hawaii this winter. They do not do well with winters at home. An important aspect for many will be the availability of covid insurance, when in another country.
            Normally I absolutely love staycationing, but it's been crazy in Snowdonia over the Summer months. Us locals have been virtual prisoners at home and if you happen to live anywhere near the coast it's mayhem. There have been so many tourists from over the border, the infrastructure could barely cope. Police had to step in & tow cars away because people were parking everywhere and blocking vital roads, not good if you have emergencies and the Ambulances, Fire Brigade etc can't get through. Also with a lot of official campsites being closed there was a lot of wildcamping, perfectly fine in vast wildernesses, but not so good in populated areas when they poop in your hedges!

Comment

Normally I absolutely love staycationing, but it's been crazy in Snowdonia over the Summer months. Us locals have been virtual prisoners at home and if you happen to live anywhere near the coast it's mayhem. There have been so many tourists from over the border, the infrastructure could barely cope. Police had to step in & tow cars away because people were parking everywhere and blocking vital roads, not good if you have emergencies and the Ambulances, Fire Brigade etc can't get through. Also with a lot of official campsites being closed there was a lot of wildcamping, perfectly fine in vast wildernesses, but not so good in populated areas when they poop in your hedges!
              Sorry to hear all of that. Sounds like a mess.

As I often say, such a terrible year. But some good things happening. One of my kids is getting married this year, and both are talking about the possibilities of FINALLY providing us some grandchildren. We're down with that. Hey, it matters not when it happens. But hopefully next year I'll be a double grandpa. What the heck, maybe we can add some twins as well!!

Anyway pal, once they open things up, The Azores awaits!

Comment

That does not sound like fun AT ALL!

Comment

Sorry to hear all of that. Sounds like a mess.

As I often say, such a terrible year. But some good things happening. One of my kids is getting married this year, and both are talking about the possibilities of FINALLY providing us some grandchildren. We're down with that. Hey, it matters not when it happens. But hopefully next year I'll be a double grandpa. What the heck, maybe we can add some twins as well!!

Anyway pal, once they open things up, The Azores awaits!

That is good news and nothing beats being a grandparent

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                  That does not sound like fun AT ALL!
                  The one good thing, we are very fortunate that we have land and a nice big garden so that even when you're staying at home, you don't feel trapped. How are things in your neck of the woods?

Comment

• OOPS..wait, forgot my mask....

Jaws, our neck of the woods have been super dry this year.
                    We USED to live near a lake with oodles of campgrounds ect. ect.
                    Vacationers can be so annoying.
                    Have been away from that for 5 years and do not miss it one bit.
                    Also, I am quite happy to just stay home, I'm locked down most of the time anyways lol.
                    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 09-18-2020, 08:16 AM. Reason: forgot my dang mask.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                      OOPS..wait, forgot my mask....

Jaws, our neck of the woods have been super dry this year.
                      We USED to live near a lake with oodles of campgrounds ect. ect.
                      Vacationers can be so annoying.
                      Have been away from that for 5 years and do not miss it one bit.
                      Also, I am quite happy to just stay home, I'm locked down most of the time anyways lol.
                      I know it is tough for you, staying at your home and all.....

Comment

I know it is tough for you, staying at your home and all.....

Well actually we downsized this year, turned some of the pools into flower spaces, course then we didn't get much rain as I said, hope Mother Nature doesn't make up for the drought by snowing everyday this winter..not much into shoveling anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                          Well actually we downsized this year, turned some of the pools into flower spaces, course then we didn't get much rain as I said, hope Mother Nature doesn't make up for the drought by snowing everyday this winter..not much into shoveling anymore...
                          Condos have their benefits (even if it comes with a small price)....

Comment

• FTR.....I still love this and that:

Good friends never leave you, even in difficult times.

Comment

FTR.....I still love this and that:

Good friends never leave you, even in difficult times.
                              Very true.
                              Experienced that these past few difficult days. (Weeks? Months?) School and College friends being a fantastic listening ear, just allowing venting space and releasing pressure to face the challenges of another day.

Comment

Very true.
                                Experienced that these past few difficult days. (Weeks? Months?) School and College friends being a fantastic listening ear, just allowing venting space and releasing pressure to face the challenges of another day.
                                Here's to good friends!

(or whatever you like to drink during a toast)

Comment

Working...
                                X