Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Yes thanks! My wife and I get our vaccines Easter weekend. I've never been so excited for a needle before!!!

I asked for the biggest vaccine they had...

that looks like kool aid
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

that looks like kool aid
      Well....one parts aids you and the other part is an aid!!!

Comment

• Happy Draft Day!

This is the day where we observe the annual tradition of being pissed that they turned the first night of the draft into a 1 round spectacle, instead of the 3 round awesomeness we used to have for the first day of the draft.
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
          Happy Draft Day!

This is the day where we observe the annual tradition of being pissed that they turned the first night of the draft into a 1 round spectacle, instead of the 3 round awesomeness we used to have for the first day of the draft.
          Sharing a cup with you and the gang....

Comment

• I don't want to share.

What's new with you, CanDB? Always good to chat, friend!
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic

Comment

I don't want to share.

What's new with you, CanDB? Always good to chat, friend!
              You know, there's this pandemic thing.....

No, life is good. Make the most out of the situation. Do miss seeing my kids, but we're not the only ones in that predicament. Thank goodness for Zoom and such, though I am sure some have had enough of it.

Think how nice it will be for all of us to go back to some form of normalcy.

Always good to hear from you!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

You know, there's this pandemic thing.....

No, life is good. Make the most out of the situation. Do miss seeing my kids, but we're not the only ones in that predicament. Thank goodness for Zoom and such, though I am sure some have had enough of it.

Think how nice it will be for all of us to go back to some form of normalcy.

Always good to hear from you!
                Yeah, it's been an interesting year. We're on the other end of that problem a little, as our son was on the verge of being ready to move out a little over a year ago... and it's been a looooong year.

In any case, here's to some form of normalcy incoming.

We used to host Kentucky Derby parties every year, with a large crowd.

This year, very small group of fully vaccinated close friends.

And I'll be doing my first smoked brisket. It's scary, cause you always hear about them being 18-24 hour jobs, but then I go to look for more details, recipes, etc, and I see a lot of claims of 6-8 hours.

It'll be awesome though!
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's been an interesting year. We're on the other end of that problem a little, as our son was on the verge of being ready to move out a little over a year ago... and it's been a looooong year.

In any case, here's to some form of normalcy incoming.

We used to host Kentucky Derby parties every year, with a large crowd.

This year, very small group of fully vaccinated close friends.

And I'll be doing my first smoked brisket. It's scary, cause you always hear about them being 18-24 hour jobs, but then I go to look for more details, recipes, etc, and I see a lot of claims of 6-8 hours.

It'll be awesome though!
                  That sounds so tasty!!! You know the deal....lo and slo!
                  Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Low and Slow, FTW!

Just need to figure out when to put it in!
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic

Comment

Low and Slow, FTW!

Just need to figure out when to put it in!
                      depends on poundage. i usually put mine on first thing in the morning.

what a crazy week. works been crazy. got the draft. and wifes first race
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

AE....I probably should know this, but what is your wife racing? Is she really competitive?

Comment

Well, it's for our Derby party... people showing around 2pm or so... and it's an 18lb Brisket. Planning on doing it overnight. Only done that once before (for a large Pork Butt)... makes me a mite nervous, but oh well.

Crazy here as well. Son got his second shot and felt like... shot. Work's crazy... got the draft to be excited about... no races though....

What's she doing?
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, it's for our Derby party... people showing around 2pm or so... and it's an 18lb Brisket. Planning on doing it overnight. Only done that once before (for a large Pork Butt)... makes me a mite nervous, but oh well.

Crazy here as well. Son got his second shot and felt like... shot. Work's crazy... got the draft to be excited about... no races though....

What's she doing?
                            id be too afraid of falling asleep!

we race with rocky mountain vintage racing. i started last year. she gets to start this year. we race:

1958 austin healey sprite
                            1962 austin healey sprite

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Well, I'll be asleep for a large part of it. I have an electric, which I semi regret, but only because I have to pull it in when I'm done with it and put it in storage, and the weather can ruin my plans if I'm not careful.

Again, it does make me nervous, but I'm sure it will be ok.

Good luck to you guys in your races! Nice cars (based on a quick image search, anyway)!
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic

Comment

id be too afraid of falling asleep!

we race with rocky mountain vintage racing. i started last year. she gets to start this year. we race:

1958 austin healey sprite
                                1962 austin healey sprite
                                Hope she does well !

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                                Well, I'll be asleep for a large part of it. I have an electric, which I semi regret, but only because I have to pull it in when I'm done with it and put it in storage, and the weather can ruin my plans if I'm not careful.

Again, it does make me nervous, but I'm sure it will be ok.

Good luck to you guys in your races! Nice cars (based on a quick image search, anyway)!
                                Hi !
                                Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X