Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry MD...

I was trying to bring some positivity to that thread, I swear!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      Sorry MD...

You did. I don't think any of your posts were deleted.

I hope you're right about Teddy.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Sorry MD...

Looks like another QB "debate" year. It's almost always the #1 problem within fanbases, as you very well know. Hope they want Teddy to succeed more than they want him to fail. I like the guy and will always remember his awful injury, when he was on his way to a huge career. I like underdogs, and given his effort to keep his career alive and well, I am 100% behind him. Or should I be more convincing and say 1000%???

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

You did. I don't think any of your posts were deleted.

I hope you're right about Teddy.
          Me too. I see it going one of a few ways.

I am really tempted to make an Orange Colored Glasses thread, but it may not be worth the effort.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Looks like another QB "debate" year. It's almost always the #1 problem within fanbases, as you very well know. Hope they want Teddy to succeed more than they want him to fail. I like the guy and will always remember his awful injury, when he was on his way to a huge career. I like underdogs, and given his effort to keep his career alive and well, I am 100% behind him. Or should I be more convincing and say 1000%???

You are right.

The honest truth is that I knew when we brought in Bridgewater that there would likely be a decent amount of strife this season in fan forums etc. If not when we got Teddy, then definitely when we passed on Fields.

It did not matter how this QB battle turned out... there was going to be strife.

There is nothing anyone can say or do in the upcoming weeks to calm any of this down.

The only thing that will make this better is winning.... and doing it well. And it will take a lot of it.

We can go 3-0 and there will still be naysayers telling us that we just got 3 of our 4 wins for the year.

When we got to 5-0, 6-0, the outrage about the way Cutler was handled *started* to die down (though we were right to be up in arms that time). The wheels came off that time, and we turned out to be paper tigers... but the point is that it will take that kind of start to get fans to really feel like they can get on board.

Comment

Me too. I see it going one of a few ways.

I am really tempted to make an Orange Colored Glasses thread, but it may not be worth the effort.

You are right.

The honest truth is that I knew when we brought in Bridgewater that there would likely be a decent amount of strife this season in fan forums etc. If not when we got Teddy, then definitely when we passed on Fields.

It did not matter how this QB battle turned out... there was going to be strife.

There is nothing anyone can say or do in the upcoming weeks to calm any of this down.

The only thing that will make this better is winning.... and doing it well. And it will take a lot of it.

We can go 3-0 and there will still be naysayers telling us that we just got 3 of our 4 wins for the year.

When we got to 5-0, 6-0, the outrage about the way Cutler was handled *started* to die down (though we were right to be up in arms that time). The wheels came off that time, and we turned out to be paper tigers... but the point is that it will take that kind of start to get fans to really feel like they can get on board.
            Exactly. Sometimes the problem is that fans will get stuck on an event, or an outcome from the recent past....and against the laws of statistics, will refer to it happening over and over again. So yes, if we go 6 and 0, they will remind us of McD and Orton. To be honest, I am not sure how we went 6 and 0 that year! But they will likely remind us of the perils of these "seasoned vets" signings. Plus they will talk about Teddy's "style" whenever we lose, or the fact he did not have a productive year with Carolina. It's almost a no win, until he takes us deep into the playoffs, which is not fair. Because I doubt Lock can take us deep this year either.

I just posted something about the negativity of the TB thread. Not saying you can't be negative, but regardless, I mention the "Bolles effect", and the trap that it can be. Every week it was Bolles sucks and so on, meanwhile he was steadily turning into an All Pro LT, and that is rarified air! So folks will pick Teddy apart, even when he is succeeding. I hope I am wrong.

As I also said, I did my "change QB" thing this offseason. Yes I was a Watson and Rodgers supporter, even with competitive price tags. For Watson, it obviously and rightfully changed with the events that followed. But down deep I did not see Lock as the guarantee this year, and we have such a quality group around him. Go for gold was my thought. Whether or not you or others agree with making those type of trades, it's all cool. But for me it was about solidifying a very talented team. And as such, I see Teddy as the better of the two options as we speak, given Lock did not impress the decision-makers, and Teddy can still play and lead.

In the end the question may loom....what about next year? Well, this year will determine that.

Comment

• Peanut -

Would I get in trouble if I started an 'It's going to be ok' thread both in OCG and in GD?

I probably won't, but just curious.

Comment

Peanut -

Would I get in trouble if I started an 'It's going to be ok' thread both in OCG and in GD?

I probably won't, but just curious.
                This is payback, right? For all the times I bothered you?

OCG has been closed for awhile (at least it's suppose to be. I need to check). Lack of use.

Starting a positive thread can get negative very quickly, you know. It'll be interesting.

Angels game in Baltimore might get interrupted by weather. There's lightening here and we're about 15 minutes away (as the Raven flies).
                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

This is payback, right? For all the times I bothered you?

OCG has been closed for awhile (at least it's suppose to be. I need to check). Lack of use.

Starting a positive thread can get negative very quickly, you know. It'll be interesting.

Angels game in Baltimore might get interrupted by weather. There's lightening here and we're about 15 minutes away (as the Raven flies).
                  I dare you to come up with one time where you actually bothered me.

This is why I asked though. Suppose I could have looked to see if it was even there anymore. It crossed my mind, but.... I was already typing.... and.... yeah.

Comment

• Peanut -

Are you implying that I'm bothering you?

Comment

Ok, this actually sounds like a challenge. Hmmmm.....

Comment

Peanut -

Peanut, are you ignoring me?

Comment

I dare you to come up with one time where you actually bothered me.

This is why I asked though. Suppose I could have looked to see if it was even there anymore. It crossed my mind, but.... I was already typing.... and.... yeah.
                          Even though you're one of the calmest, level-headed people around, I'm sure I've tried your patience at least once.

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                          Peanut -

Ok, this actually sounds like a challenge. Hmmmm.....
                          Yes.

Peanut, are you ignoring me?

You're very hard to ignore.
                          Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• I'm ready for some football!

Comment

• Peanut -

Is there a difference between the CP bars and the blue/white dots we have where you have your staff badge? Inquiring mind wants to know!

Comment

• Hey... did anybody notice or post that the boards are now old enough to vote/smoke/go to war? My account isn't there juuuuust yet.....

Comment

Working...
                                X