• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game much closer than I expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
      Game much closer than I expected.
      Yeah, same here. If it weren't for idiot kickers....

Comment

• it was cool that my old gang got together for coffee yesterday, after not having seen each other since a year ago, other than some zoom coffees. Not sure if everyone heard but there's being something going on.

But it was great....nothing like face to face communication. And it felt almost normal again, though they have precautions when entering and leaving.

It is so nice talking to real people, and able to discuss things knowing you can correct little misinterpretations with a few words, or a little elbow or a wink even. Then again, knowing one another for many decades gets you through discussions with so much more ease.

Oh wait, did I have this with my dark roast.....

You bet!!!

Comment

• Feels great doesn't it Can. Me & my college friends got together for afternoon tea this summer too.
          What we've all been through makes you appreciate these little things so much more.

Happy Gameday!

Comment

• Got together with a few friends over the holiday weekend last weekend... Two couples and a kid... so 5 guests.

It was nice... but then found out two days later that one of them had been potentially exposed. Turned out ok for us, but it's still a couple of other friends and family that are sick and it sucks, and the anxiety of having my MIL over shortly after that.... just ugh.

*sigh*

THAT SAID.... GO BRONCOS! WOOOOOOO

Comment

• That's a worry LT.
              Enjoyed last nights game very much. Managed to stay awake till the end, which says a lot!
              We had the first death from Covid in this area a week ago. Lovely guy, had Leukaemia too so not altogether unexpected. Was a week younger than Dad and 2021 has taken both of them.
              Last edited by Jaws; 09-13-2021, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Feels great doesn't it Can. Me & my college friends got together for afternoon tea this summer too.
                What we've all been through makes you appreciate these little things so much more.

Happy Gameday!
                Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                Got together with a few friends over the holiday weekend last weekend... Two couples and a kid... so 5 guests.

It was nice... but then found out two days later that one of them had been potentially exposed. Turned out ok for us, but it's still a couple of other friends and family that are sick and it sucks, and the anxiety of having my MIL over shortly after that.... just ugh.

*sigh*

THAT SAID.... GO BRONCOS! WOOOOOOO
                This is the problem, one can have been as cautious as anyone, both for themselves and others, and then, after many, many, many opportunities, it feels safe. And truthfully, as I felt with my friends, it started getting normal again.....BUT, never really knowing for sure who has been exposed recently, including the people in the restaurant. Yes, masks and verification, but as the saying sort of goes...."until someone gets hurt".

That's why we were so happy that we got to see our kids recently back to back, as the rules allowed for them to travel here with lesser restrictions. Amazing how great it is to hug your kids, after soooo long. Clearly this is not a covid thread, but it is nice to dwell on family and friends at a time like this.

And sure, all the coffee and accompaniments that follow!!!

Comment

• So I mentioned that my wife might want to give cinnamon buns a shot, given how she is so good at pastries and other baked goods. It was a loud hint, but I did not expect it to happen.

Couple of days later, there's a batch of cinnamon buns, and they are really good!!! Not too much icing, otherwise I have to put in more time at the gym.

I've learned many years back that she almost always delivers when you suggest things, leave her alone, and keep your fingers crossed, as opposed to expecting what you want. That's true of most folks. I blow it every so often, but she amazes me when I suggest and move on, because she likes to try things, and enjoys a challenge.

Make 'em myself? Sure, but I want good buns!

First time was a charm! Pretty much as good as reputable pastry shop buns! She's the best!!! (in all ways)

Comment

• BTW.....I had to make the coffee (that she doesn't drink)

Comment

• Sounds like you guys are a match made in heaven

Comment

Sounds like you guys are a match made in heaven
                        Well.....lets just say I got the better of the deal. People sometimes do not realize what a real lottery win feels like, even when it is standing right in front of them.

Comment

• I know that I know how it feels. Love my Bunny.

Way to go 2-0 guys! I may be one of the most orange colored glasses guys here, but even I won't crown us till we've gotten into the real meat of the schedule.

That said, we're winning these games by double digits, and that underplays our dominance. That's how good teams win games against lesser teams. Good signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                            I know that I know how it feels. Love my Bunny.

Way to go 2-0 guys! I may be one of the most orange colored glasses guys here, but even I won't crown us till we've gotten into the real meat of the schedule.

That said, we're winning these games by double digits, and that underplays our dominance. That's how good teams win games against lesser teams. Good signs.
                            To win the games that are expected is not always easy, especially on the east coast.
                            Can't wait for the first home game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                              I know that I know how it feels. Love my Bunny.

Yes, beating weaker opponents is expected, but it's how convincing you win. I expect another convincing victory next week.

Then lets see what The Ravens have to offer. It will be time to stifle the running back who plays QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Yes, beating weaker opponents is expected, but it's how convincing you win. I expect another convincing victory next week.

Then lets see what The Ravens have to offer. It will be time to stifle the running back who plays QB.
                                Don't let Teddy hear you talking about Lamar like that..... They're Louisville Bros! (I don't know if they actually know each other or not, but I'd be a bit surprised if they don't)

Comment

Working...
                                X