No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind if I join you folks for a coffee while the angry mob passes by.....they want heads to roll, and all I want is a coffee and donut.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Mind if I join you folks for a coffee while the angry mob passes by.....they want heads to roll, and all I want is a coffee and donut.
      I think I might just join them, hold my beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

I think I might just join them, hold my beer.
        Got ya!!

Comment

• Well... the NFL season sure was fun while it lasted.
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
            Well... the NFL season sure was fun while it lasted.
            Is it just me, or do we seem to be talking draft picks and the offseason "really early"??!! Yikes, I am getting too good at naming potential 1st round picks before November each year.

Comment

• Eh... For me... I can't get into the offseason stuff this early. I'm not big on College ball to begin with, and so much is yet written that it all seems pointless.

I'd be happy if it felt like our team was focused on winning.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic

Comment

• I think that looking ahead to the offseason has not only been more popular over the last 3-5 years (for the wrong reasons), but in a way it's even had a positive side to it. The negative side is pretty obvious, but I like the fact that some of us stay motivated in terms of who we might be able to add to our team just a few months ahead, including Free Agency, Draft and trade possibilities. The thing is, the worse we do actually adds more intrigue, for me anyway, because the ramifications of high draft picks can be exciting. Not every year however!!

In some sports, where there are less players playing, like Basketball and Hockey, a top draft pick one year can be a huge asset. And 2 such draft picks in back to back years can be a game changer. I always talk about the impact of drafting Toews and Kane for Chicago, and Crosby and Malkin for Pittsburgh, which had a major impact on both NHL teams for years to come. But unlike some organizations, these high draft picks must be used wisely.

Comment

Well... the NFL season sure was fun while it lasted.
                  How fondly we remember weeks 1-3!
                  Seasons need to be shorter

Comment

• Losing causes quiet (that is, once the "firing squad" simmers down).

Comment

• Hey all.... sorry I've been absent again... work's picked back up a bit.

Hard to get a handle on this team right now.

How many wins did we have last year?

How many wins thus far this year?

Watching wins is so much more fun. So weird that we've got 5 division games left. It could be a crazy ride.

:wave:
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good to have you back. I try to fend them off but it is not easy of late....even when we win!!!???

I can almost visualize comments like this after we win the SB...

"But The Broncos had such an easy schedule early on."

"Well if you make it to The SB, you might actually win."

"They had us, but they scored less."

"Pretty sure lots of guys on their team were hurt."

"Yeah, but it's only one season. Can't really judge this team based on that."

(I got plenty more)

Comment

• It's all changed again in just one game. Anything is possible

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                            It's all changed again in just one game. Anything is possible
                            I've been putting out the notice elsewhere, that if we win 3 straight, even if it's The Eagles (who aren't terrible), lets not take away from the good news of the story. Lets appreciate the gang for what they have accomplished.

Comment

• I remember hearing a lot that our ceiling was 5-7 wins and Teddy could never top 15 TDs...

A win this week puts us in really good position. One week at a time.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic

Comment

I remember hearing a lot that our ceiling was 5-7 wins and Teddy could never top 15 TDs...

A win this week puts us in really good position. One week at a time.
                                Keep the faith. I find this particular fanbase ready to "told you so" at every opportunity. My goodness, even when we win!!! If we win, and I believe we will, and go 6 and 4, I just know some here won't be happy. LT you know that Teddy is not loved by us all, as a player. If not him, it's throw Fangio, Shurmur, Paton and Elway under the bus....at least one or two of them. Reminds me of a mob that has negative intentions....unless they get exactly what they want.

Of course, only a small % overall, but they do influence others who are more on the borderline. And yes, it makes it difficult for the best of the crew to be positive, like when we lost 4 straight.

But we know the way. As long as they bust their butts, I'm in.

And I know you like TB, which is fine by me, but I am not innocent here given I think we have to move on from Teddy as starter next year. Friends??

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=3569766.gif
Views:	27
Size:	737.5 KB
ID:	8383292

Comment

Working...
                                X