Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

    Keep the faith. I find this particular fanbase ready to "told you so" at every opportunity. My goodness, even when we win!!! If we win, and I believe we will, and go 6 and 4, I just know some here won't be happy. LT you know that Teddy is not loved by us all, as a player. If not him, it's throw Fangio, Shurmur, Paton and Elway under the bus....at least one or two of them. Reminds me of a mob that has negative intentions....unless they get exactly what they want.

    Of course, only a small % overall, but they do influence others who are more on the borderline. And yes, it makes it difficult for the best of the crew to be positive, like when we lost 4 straight.

    But we know the way. As long as they bust their butts, I'm in.

    And I know you like TB, which is fine by me, but I am not innocent here given I think we have to move on from Teddy as starter next year. Friends??

    Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=3569766.gif
Views:	34
Size:	737.5 KB
ID:	8383292
    Hey, if we find someone who can make this team better than what we have with Teddy, we need to take it.

    Season's still pretty young, and there's exactly two AFC teams with more wins than us... so we'll see what happens. I don't necessarily expect Teddy to be our QB next year, but I hope he plays well enough that at the end of the season, that's what ends up happening.

    As you said though, we could go 12-5 and make it to the Championship game and Teddy could hit another level of performance, and there will always be those who will say it's not good enough.

    I don't mind people having a differing opinion. I just like grounded/realistic/not stupid opinions.

    Teddy hasn't proven he deserves a long term contract with us. If the run game and pass blocking continues to look how it did this week, I think maybe he will.

    I promise that if we don't agree on the subject at the end of the year, I won't think less of you. It has a lot more to do with how those opinions are based and shared. You're not really in any danger there with me.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

      Hey, if we find someone who can make this team better than what we have with Teddy, we need to take it.

      Season's still pretty young, and there's exactly two AFC teams with more wins than us... so we'll see what happens. I don't necessarily expect Teddy to be our QB next year, but I hope he plays well enough that at the end of the season, that's what ends up happening.

      As you said though, we could go 12-5 and make it to the Championship game and Teddy could hit another level of performance, and there will always be those who will say it's not good enough.

      I don't mind people having a differing opinion. I just like grounded/realistic/not stupid opinions.

      Teddy hasn't proven he deserves a long term contract with us. If the run game and pass blocking continues to look how it did this week, I think maybe he will.

      I promise that if we don't agree on the subject at the end of the year, I won't think less of you. It has a lot more to do with how those opinions are based and shared. You're not really in any danger there with me.


      I won't dwell on this, and if the person reads this here and takes aim, no problem. But one post that speaks to me of this "unhappiness" group went something like this....are we seriously prepared to give Teddy an extended $30M/per year contract? My response was that it was a double edged chain of thought. One, if Teddy and the team do really well....YAYYY!! Two, why do we equate a good season to "must sign extended contract for loads of money"??

      What I took from it was a negative from a positive. Teddy does good, but now we have to pay him loads of cash. Two separate items in my opinion. I want the best for him and the team. It does not mean we are obligated to shell out years of big money. Why not just be happy for him, the team and the fans who want us to succeed this season?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post



        I won't dwell on this, and if the person reads this here and takes aim, no problem. But one post that speaks to me of this "unhappiness" group went something like this....are we seriously prepared to give Teddy an extended $30M/per year contract? My response was that it was a double edged chain of thought. One, if Teddy and the team do really well....YAYYY!! Two, why do we equate a good season to "must sign extended contract for loads of money"??

        What I took from it was a negative from a positive. Teddy does good, but now we have to pay him loads of cash. Two separate items in my opinion. I want the best for him and the team. It does not mean we are obligated to shell out years of big money. Why not just be happy for him, the team and the fans who want us to succeed this season?
        See, I think even if he plays the rest of the season like he did this last Sunday or Week 1, he's not going to command $45-$50M... which means we can afford more in other spots... give me a top-10ish QB with a strong run game, weapons on the edge and stifling D, absolutely yes please.

        $25-$30M is probably realistic, but likely only happens if we make the playoffs, and then I guess.... woe is me? lol
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

        Comment


        • I like to compare this season to a ride at the circus. You may have stepped onto it without being too excited, but once it starts, you take in every thrill, every bump, every moment that speeds up the blood flow....and not worry about anything else (in this case, the future of the team). We're on the ride, and when it ends, we move forward in whatever direction life takes us. For me, until we are declared out of it, I'm embracing the fun and the excitement. And if the ride does not live up to higher expectations....there's always another ride ahead. That's a "for sure"!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I like to compare this season to a ride at the circus. You may have stepped onto it without being too excited, but once it starts, you take in every thrill, every bump, every moment that speeds up the blood flow....and not worry about anything else (in this case, the future of the team). We're on the ride, and when it ends, we move forward in whatever direction life takes us. For me, until we are declared out of it, I'm embracing the fun and the excitement. And if the ride does not live up to higher expectations....there's always another ride ahead. That's a "for sure"!
            I'm with you on that!

            The ONLY time that it's *maybe* acceptable to root for better draft picks is after the team is 100% eliminated from the playoffs, and even then I find it blech.

            I'm here for the ride, and so far it's been a good one for large portions of this season. Better than last year for sure! Here's hoping we can keep it up!
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

              I'm with you on that!

              The ONLY time that it's *maybe* acceptable to root for better draft picks is after the team is 100% eliminated from the playoffs, and even then I find it blech.

              I'm here for the ride, and so far it's been a good one for large portions of this season. Better than last year for sure! Here's hoping we can keep it up!
              And we all know that a ride is going to have its "moments"....

              Click image for larger version

Name:	craziest_reactions_to_amusement_park_11.gif
Views:	23
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	8383362

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                And we all know that a ride is going to have its "moments"....

                Click image for larger version

Name:	craziest_reactions_to_amusement_park_11.gif
Views:	23
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	8383362
                Going to be a fun two weeks to ignore GD, I think.

                *sigh* We all KNEW better than to get our hopes up... but we can't help our selves.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                  Going to be a fun two weeks to ignore GD, I think.

                  *sigh* We all KNEW better than to get our hopes up... but we can't help our selves.
                  Do you get the feeling that the taps of negativity, often coming from predictable sources, are always just one twist away from opening up? Their predictable commentary often gets in the way of those of us who get a little down, and want to discuss things, because it makes us all look the same. I want better for this organization, but I certainly do not want to be in the same camp as some here, because instead of wanting to bounce things off others, I feel like I am part of different sort of negative entity, and that I don't want.

                  When I get even more concerned, I give myself a slap on the head and say, "but you're not a Lions' fan!!!"

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	detkid.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	8384364

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                    Do you get the feeling that the taps of negativity, often coming from predictable sources, are always just one twist away from opening up? Their predictable commentary often gets in the way of those of us who get a little down, and want to discuss things, because it makes us all look the same. I want better for this organization, but I certainly do not want to be in the same camp as some here, because instead of wanting to bounce things off others, I feel like I am part of different sort of negative entity, and that I don't want.

                    When I get even more concerned, I give myself a slap on the head and say, "but you're not a Lions' fan!!!"

                    Click image for larger version Name:	detkid.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	8384364


                    The bolded is the reason I'm only a semi-frequent visitor.

                    It wouldn't matter if this team was a legitimate contender this year, the discourse amongst fans (not just on this site) is always so over-reactionary and quick to point fingers, say 'I told you so' at any expense....

                    It's frustrating enough to watch the games when we stink/aren't perfect... putting up with the pointless back and forth just too much. Nobody's mind is getting changed. Very little interesting ideas are exchanged.

                    C'est la vie.
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic
                    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post



                      The bolded is the reason I'm only a semi-frequent visitor.

                      It wouldn't matter if this team was a legitimate contender this year, the discourse amongst fans (not just on this site) is always so over-reactionary and quick to point fingers, say 'I told you so' at any expense....

                      It's frustrating enough to watch the games when we stink/aren't perfect... putting up with the pointless back and forth just too much. Nobody's mind is getting changed. Very little interesting ideas are exchanged.

                      C'est la vie.
                      Oh, so you want to parler en francais? I knew you were an international type.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	austin-powers-dangerously.gif
Views:	22
Size:	866.0 KB
ID:	8384382

                      Comment


                      • See, when I say it in person, I make sure to horribly mispronounce it, so nobody accidentally thinks I can parlay-voos.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic
                        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                        Comment


                        • I think I'm done discussing football. At least for a bit.

                          I'll probably change my mind later, but I'm just.... done.
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic
                          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                            I think I'm done discussing football. At least for a bit.

                            I'll probably change my mind later, but I'm just.... done.
                            I can't even imagine how many negs I would have received lately, trying to lessen the mob anger, or at least, trying to add something positive. I don't blame folks for being disappointed, but maybe they could ease off the same topics.
                            CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            Last edited by CanDB; 11-16-2021, 01:09 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                              Oh, so you want to parler en francais? I knew you were an international type.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	austin-powers-dangerously.gif
Views:	22
Size:	866.0 KB
ID:	8384382
                              Wee wee wee I think he does. Excuse moi francais spelling!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jaws View Post

                                Wee wee wee I think he does. Excuse moi francais spelling!
                                Whoa....we are an international bunch of coconuts! Well, I'm sort of international, and definitely a coconut.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X