Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I can't even imagine how many negs I would have received lately, trying to lessen the mob anger, or at least, trying to add something positive. I don't blame folks for being disappointed, but maybe they could ease off the same topics.
    I get a lot of my Broncos news/articles/tweets from reddit these days.... and you just flat out can't go into a Broncos thread without it being completely negative. Been that way all season, but even worse after the initial slide started, of course.

Oh, one of our players helps save children from Dragons? Can he throw more than 1 yard??!?!?!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Whoa....we are an international bunch of coconuts! Well, I'm sort of international, and definitely a coconut.
    Are you migratory?
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

I get a lot of my Broncos news/articles/tweets from reddit these days.... and you just flat out can't go into a Broncos thread without it being completely negative. Been that way all season, but even worse after the initial slide started, of course.

Oh, one of our players helps save children from Dragons? Can he throw more than 1 yard??!?!?!

Are you migratory?
      I'm a different kind off bird......

As for the negativity, it's tough enough for each one of us to get excited about the season, and yes, much of the last 5, but what's worse is the thought of the mob being the only ones that show up here on a regular basis. Sometimes it feels like facing this....

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=4521919.gif
Views:	40
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	8384775

CanDB
      Football Immortal
      Last edited by CanDB; 11-17-2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Can - Sorry I went a bit off topic there in your thread.
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic

Comment

Can - Sorry I went a bit off topic there in your thread.
          No no....it's been a bit lonely lately fending off folks in several threads, so it was great to see your post! I clearly added to it. Nothing wrong with piggybacking, especially when folks are turning this place into a mob scene (as I like to call it). I wish more folks would join in, the way you did.

To be sure, you, I and others understand the reason for disappointment. But it's of no value to dump over everything remotely positive. And usually the same group. Believe me, TB's lack of effort play was exactly what they wanted to see. I wish he had made an effort, but that play is not all on him. Sure, put Lock in. Not saying he will mess up, but given what some of us think, and what the current Broncos decision-makers think, he's the backup. He has not impressed the right folks. Maybe he will.

And if he plays, I will make sure I do not follow the lead of those neg types, and post every time he messes up. That's unfair, and unnecessary.

Comment

• That thread took a pretty good turn, tbh.... good job.
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic

Comment

That thread took a pretty good turn, tbh.... good job.
              At least I see some folks admitting they have been down and out about the team, and they were (and still are) very frustrated. So they are venting. Hey, I appreciate those who made their statements, but are admitting too much negativity, and even trying to add some positives of late. I felt a bit lonely at first (even though they were various members doing their best) with this process of trying to minimize the negativity, but when more of us team up, especially those of you who are respected as you are, it reaches more folks. Then it becomes clearer who are just venting and those who are of the trouble sort.

As you know LT, we can not defend TB's lack of effort on that play. But even so, some are making it some form of organization betrayal....meanwhile I can find loads of video of QBs ducking the problem. Brady is easy to spot. But of course Brady is too good to tackle according to some. My take, make an effort but don't get hurt. There is a reason (or two) the league has changed rules to protect QBs.

Comment

• Woot! Signed Patrick AND Sutton!

Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic

Comment

• LT (and company) I have my fingers crossed that The Broncos (including Teddy) have a good game Sunday. It would be so refreshing to have a week with a lot less TB noise. Plus a win keeps us in the hunt! At 6 and 5, we are absolutely still in it.

Comment

• Hi guys.
                    Looking forward to resuming the rollercoaster ride of fandom!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                      Hi guys.
                      After today I hope to see a certain "Teddy" thread wind right down.....unless there's something positive to post.

If we win against a strong LA team, fans should be very happy, and that means enjoying the outcome and not going back to their "who moved my cheese?" corner. Lets hope we win, and lets hope that folks can express their opinions without using phrases like "yeah but", "just one game", "but he sure sucked on that tackle"......yaddayadda. We all have our flaws, but some folks seem miserable??? I mean, hide your kittens/puppies because they may be forced to smile when they see those beautiful creatures. That might hurt their cheeks and stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        LT (and company) I have my fingers crossed that The Broncos (including Teddy) have a good game Sunday. It would be so refreshing to have a week with a lot less TB noise. Plus a win keeps us in the hunt! At 6 and 5, we are absolutely still in it.

Amen! And we are!

I stayed out of the Teddy fumble discussions, because I really felt like there was some massive overreaction there. I've seen multiple people here and elsewhere be like 'He showed some toughness this week, maybe I overreacted'. It's good to see. Not because I like being right, but just because I felt it was an unfair amount of hate for Teddy in that situation. It will be nice if we can drop that whole discussion now.

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                        Hi guys.
                        WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

After today I hope to see a certain "Teddy" thread wind right down.....unless there's something positive to post.

If we win against a strong LA team, fans should be very happy, and that means enjoying the outcome and not going back to their "who moved my cheese?" corner. Lets hope we win, and lets hope that folks can express their opinions without using phrases like "yeah but", "just one game", "but he sure sucked on that tackle"......yaddayadda. We all have our flaws, but some folks seem miserable??? I mean, hide your kittens/puppies because they may be forced to smile when they see those beautiful creatures. That might hurt their cheeks and stuff.
                        Ah, see... way ahead of me. lol.

Nono... clearly the Chargers just suck.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic

Comment

Amen! And we are!

I stayed out of the Teddy fumble discussions, because I really felt like there was some massive overreaction there. I've seen multiple people here and elsewhere be like 'He showed some toughness this week, maybe I overreacted'. It's good to see. Not because I like being right, but just because I felt it was an unfair amount of hate for Teddy in that situation. It will be nice if we can drop that whole discussion now.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, see... way ahead of me. lol.

Nono... clearly the Chargers just suck.
                          Well, we deserved the victory. Check. Teddy was an important part of the win. Check. We are very much in the playoff race, including divisional champs. Check.

But apparently Teddy still can't tackle.

Comment

• Lol.

If Disney was in charge of our season, we'd get into the playoffs in week 17 when Teddy has a game saving tackle.

Ugh. I really want to go back into that thread, but I'm on mobile now that I'm out from work, and I'm watching my pup who got some vaccines today and is not feeling good at all.
                            Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Tomorrow, I definitely want to address the stat padding argument. Was kinda hoping that one would come up so I'd have an excuse to dive into some numbers on it and give it some thought.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic

Comment

Tomorrow, I definitely want to address the stat padding argument. Was kinda hoping that one would come up so I'd have an excuse to dive into some numbers on it and give it some thought.
                                Actually, I probably won't.

Needed to get some of that frustration out yesterday, but today I think I'm good. No real point in banging heads against walls.
                                Thanks, Reid!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X