Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Actually, I probably won't.

Needed to get some of that frustration out yesterday, but today I think I'm good. No real point in banging heads against walls.
    I know, my head sure hurts a lot these days.

But I am starting to like what is going on with many other members. One here, one there...a few follow and bingo, we got game baby!!

You know that some of this could disintegrate pending our Sunday Nighter.....

BUT

A good showing will be heartening, for the team and this site. A win....well, I stay optimistic and realistic. But we have a real shot, and I know a victory will greatly increase the positivity around here. Bigger picture, a win and the experts will be talking a lot about us....and our team will grow even more in confidence and belief!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I know, my head sure hurts a lot these days.

But I am starting to like what is going on with many other members. One here, one there...a few follow and bingo, we got game baby!!

You know that some of this could disintegrate pending our Sunday Nighter.....

BUT

A good showing will be heartening, for the team and this site. A win....well, I stay optimistic and realistic. But we have a real shot, and I know a victory will greatly increase the positivity around here. Bigger picture, a win and the experts will be talking a lot about us....and our team will grow even more in confidence and belief!!

A win is going to be difficult. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been repeatedly saying to himself 'Why does it have to be after their bye' repeatedly for the past several days or longer.

It feels like we are always IN KC in Dec. I checked once, and it wasn't as bad as I thought, I think... but it still feels that way. To get them there in December coming off their bye.... it's unfair.

But a win will be that much more impressive.

A loss will mean that a number of fans who have grown quiet the past few weeks will show back up to get their 'toldyaso' in, and then bash our coaches, our FO, our players.

This is quite possibly the toughest of our remaining games, and we need to go 4-2 the rest of the way.

I am not getting my hopes up... but if we win, it will be amazing, and we will be in control of our fate moving forward (technically we are already).

KC's win streak is not that impressive if you look at it too closely. Their defense has improved, but their offense has regressed.

Still trying to avoid getting my hopes up, but we definitely have a chance.

Comment

• Armed.... I see you out there... come say hi.

Comment

A win is going to be difficult. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been repeatedly saying to himself 'Why does it have to be after their bye' repeatedly for the past several days or longer.

It feels like we are always IN KC in Dec. I checked once, and it wasn't as bad as I thought, I think... but it still feels that way. To get them there in December coming off their bye.... it's unfair.

But a win will be that much more impressive.

A loss will mean that a number of fans who have grown quiet the past few weeks will show back up to get their 'toldyaso' in, and then bash our coaches, our FO, our players.

This is quite possibly the toughest of our remaining games, and we need to go 4-2 the rest of the way.

I am not getting my hopes up... but if we win, it will be amazing, and we will be in control of our fate moving forward (technically we are already).

KC's win streak is not that impressive if you look at it too closely. Their defense has improved, but their offense has regressed.

Still trying to avoid getting my hopes up, but we definitely have a chance.
          As for the "fickle" fans...I did ask the dude twice, as I wasn't sure if he saw it the first time, but how could a Broncos fan be seemingly ticked that we were on prime time Sunday Night? Like it was wrong?! Not even sure how to comprehend that. Thought maybe I misinterpreted or something...maybe? Oh well, I guess I won't find out the answer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	really.gif
Views:	21
Size:	543.9 KB
ID:	8387231

Comment

• I think it was more confusion than being ticked off, but yeah.

Comment

I think it was more confusion than being ticked off, but yeah.
              Possibly....could have easily been explained if misinterpretation. Unusual way to present something that should make most of us happy.

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	18
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	8387248

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Possibly....could have easily been explained if misinterpretation. Unusual way to present something that should make most of us happy.

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	18
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	8387248
                Dunno... there are times where I dread the primetime games when we've been struggling in them (we seem streaky in primetime)... given that it makes it easier to watch my team since I don't live in the area, you'd think I'd love it... but I don't always.

However, I'm always proud of my team getting the primetime nod, regardless. Even though the motivation for the move probably had way more to do with Mahomes than anything the Broncos are doing... if this was last year's team, we don't get flexed.

Comment

Dunno... there are times where I dread the primetime games when we've been struggling in them (we seem streaky in primetime)... given that it makes it easier to watch my team since I don't live in the area, you'd think I'd love it... but I don't always.

However, I'm always proud of my team getting the primetime nod, regardless. Even though the motivation for the move probably had way more to do with Mahomes than anything the Broncos are doing... if this was last year's team, we don't get flexed.
                  Carrying this over from that thread, I do believe KC is a prime time choice, especially when they are trending upward. But the fact The Broncos have won 3 of 4, just kicked The Chargers (and Dallas), and are starting to get some luv from experts, which I think is partially to do with our trending upward young D and solid run game....reminiscent of the strengths of our last SB champs, which all makes this game more relevant and interesting. The fact that a win ties us with them in this divisional race. does not hurt.

I have also stated that a number of prime time games have been iffy. I can name a few. For example, had the schedulers known the fate of Washington and Seattle, that game might not have been scheduled. It was fun in the end, but it was basically irrelevant. Heck, I'm all for the programmers to be fluid with their choices, and seek out key games as they come, unless of course there are arrangements that can't be changed.

If I was betting, sure, I'd put some coin on KC. But it's irrelevant. I feel like our club is also trending upward, and the D is starting to really believe. And if we have a good game and still lose, it's not a crime to have aired in that time slot.

Last edited by CanDB; 12-01-2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree.

To expand on it though... the NFL had to choose whether to flex us or the Chargers before we played our game. Us V KC or Chargers V Bengals. Both games with potential playoff implications.

If they were able to choose after we played the Chargers, I have little doubt that they would have chosen the winner of our game, as a better matchup.

Since they had to choose in advance, I think they either

1) Guessed (correctly) that we'd win over the Chargers

2) Chose KC game because Mahomes.

2 seems more likely, but I like 1.

Comment

Yeah, I agree.

To expand on it though... the NFL had to choose whether to flex us or the Chargers before we played our game. Us V KC or Chargers V Bengals. Both games with potential playoff implications.

If they were able to choose after we played the Chargers, I have little doubt that they would have chosen the winner of our game, as a better matchup.

Since they had to choose in advance, I think they either

1) Guessed (correctly) that we'd win over the Chargers

2) Chose KC game because Mahomes.

2 seems more likely, but I like 1.

Good stuff. No doubt about KC and Mahomes. Big draw. I actually think prime time will be a bit of a plus for us, though not too great, because it may give our guys some energy being on the bigger stage. Heck, if it makes them play better, fine by me.

I think some of the pre game should be spent addressing the fact that KC may be one of the best teams over the last few seasons, but they are certainly beatable this year, and they will be concerned about what we can do, especially on D, Plus they are not very good on D themselves. But not spoken in a way that makes us over confident, rather objectively confident of what we bring. I would also stress that our last 2 victories were decisive and against above average teams. And I would instill that we can absolutely win this game, and definitely prove that we can be a playoff team...this year!

Comment

• Yeah, Play up the underdog angle.... They don't respect us.... blah blah...

Comment

• Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Comment

How goes it?
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Oh, pretty decent... getting into the Holiday spirit...

Trying to learn not to stress too much about work, and trying to regain my motivation to get work done.

You?

Comment

Working...
                                X