Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Aw. Sorry to hear that, but glad she's taking it well and is medicated.
    Thanks.
    She's resilient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post

Thanks.
      She's resilient.
      Sorry too. I have a belief about this stuff, because like most folks my age, there are going to be concerns whether it's now or maybe not too far away. But my theory is as follows:

If an illness or disease or whatever comes on slowly and does not progress quickly, or is not too painful, than that's ok with me. If I, and do mean others as well, can handle whatever it is with a decent quality of life and at least some control, then it's not as hard to accept. It's aging with a name.

Comment

Thanks.
        She's resilient.
        I know. I'm friends with her daughter.

Comment

He sounds a bit like my brother who does those kind of things in between Opera jobs. Saves us a lot of dosh.
          Our newly fitted kitchen is very pleasing. My Mum is absolutely delighted with it.
          it's really nice to see her enjoy it, especially in present circumstances. She was diagnosed with early stages Alzheimer's a couple of weeks ago. She's taking it well. Devastating on one level, but also a relief knowing what it is. Already she's beating herself up less and not thinking of herself as "stupid" or "hopeless" knowing there's a medical reason for it. She's on meds to slow deterioration.
          Things have worked out well with hubby doing things around the house. I will never ask him to replace a dishwasher again, though. Me: It should be easy, right? Just plug a few things in. Shouldn't take long, right? Him: Mumbling for hours, getting into difficult positions, he was not a happy person.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Glad there are meds to help. Hugs.

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Aww LT, you're sweet xx
            Hugs bak atcha Peanut.
            Can, that is wise philosophy.
            Enjoy your NFL Sunday.
            Sadly, the game is too late for me today, but I'll catch up in the morning.

Comment

Aww LT, you're sweet xx
              Hugs bak atcha Peanut.
              Can, that is wise philosophy.
              Enjoy your NFL Sunday.
              Sadly, the game is too late for me today, but I'll catch up in the morning.
              So Jawsie....when I said the game "tomorrow", where I live, the game is tomorrow +1 where you live!! Or today's game here is tomorrow there. So is it 2 games, one today and one tomorrow?

Click image for larger version

Name:	confused048.gif
Views:	26
Size:	614.4 KB
ID:	8387611

Because I'm just a caveman I don't always understand.

I'd love it if I could text you (not to worry, I am just kidding around), and send you the "tone" on your phone if we won tonight. But no, that would be a big mistake, from your perspective! Plus whenever folks offer that to me, I wait and wonder why I haven't heard anything yet. That's actually worse. I find it very hard to work out a code with someone, with a goal of only telling me the good news about big sports events that I am unable to watch and am very anxious about the results. For some reason, I have not yet developed a good code that works well. It's usually what they don't say or do that makes me feel worse. JUST TELL ME THEY WON!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So Jawsie....when I said the game "tomorrow", where I live, the game is tomorrow +1 where you live!! Or today's game here is tomorrow there. So is it 2 games, one today and one tomorrow?

Name:	confused048.gif
Views:	26
Size:	614.4 KB
ID:	8387611

Because I'm just a caveman I don't always understand.

I'd love it if I could text you (not to worry, I am just kidding around), and send you the "tone" on your phone if we won tonight. But no, that would be a big mistake, from your perspective! Plus whenever folks offer that to me, I wait and wonder why I haven't heard anything yet. That's actually worse. I find it very hard to work out a code with someone, with a goal of only telling me the good news about big sports events that I am unable to watch and am very anxious about the results. For some reason, I have not yet developed a good code that works well. It's usually what they don't say or do that makes me feel worse. JUST TELL ME THEY WON!!!!
                Technically the game doesn't even start till tomorrow for me, but I tend to think of it as today seeing as it's SNF.
                I'll probably check the score on waking and depending how it's gone watch 5m highlights, 40 or the full game!

Comment

Technically the game doesn't even start till tomorrow for me, but I tend to think of it as today seeing as it's SNF.
                  I'll probably check the score on waking and depending how it's gone watch 5m highlights, 40 or the full game!
                  I didn't wake you pal!!!

Comment

I didn't wake you pal!!!

Glad I didn't sacrifice any sleep to watch that.

Comment

Glad I didn't sacrifice any sleep to watch that.
                      Haha...at least you didn't have to check out a thread that asked where you were (given I have been positive and supportive to a degree). They must miss me.

I expect some of it given the sources.

If they read all my stuff they'd know my feelings about our QB situation, but it's too late for that. It's Ground Hog Day almost every day for some.

Name:	tumblr_mdkk01J3TB1r35ojdo1_500.gif
Views:	28
Size:	941.6 KB
ID:	8388933
                      Last edited by CanDB; 12-06-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Ive had so much to do lately....glad i dont have time to see that debacle. I regret not seeing javonte though seeing as how i wanted us to draft him so badly
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                          Ive had so much to do lately....glad i dont have time to see that debacle. I regret not seeing javonte though seeing as how i wanted us to draft him so badly
                          He is one tough dude. Hey pal, make sure you catch Meinerz's block. You should be able to find it pretty quick (I posted it in a thread). He looks like a human bull dozer!

Comment

He is one tough dude. Hey pal, make sure you catch Meinerz's block. You should be able to find it pretty quick (I posted it in a thread). He looks like a human bull dozer!
                            Hes the other one i really wanted! That was one heck of a freight train
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I won't be venturing outside the Cafe much this week.

It may seem cowardly, but really its more a matter of me containing my own anger at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                                I won't be venturing outside the Cafe much this week.

It may seem cowardly, but really its more a matter of me containing my own anger at the moment.
                                I'd like to join you, but you know?

I wish more people would "contain" themselves. Less cleaning for us.
                                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X