Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post

He sounds a bit like my brother who does those kind of things in between Opera jobs. Saves us a lot of dosh.
    Our newly fitted kitchen is very pleasing. My Mum is absolutely delighted with it.
    it's really nice to see her enjoy it, especially in present circumstances. She was diagnosed with early stages Alzheimer's a couple of weeks ago. She's taking it well. Devastating on one level, but also a relief knowing what it is. Already she's beating herself up less and not thinking of herself as "stupid" or "hopeless" knowing there's a medical reason for it. She's on meds to slow deterioration.
    I love when they do My Cause My Cleats. Several Broncos have chosen Alzheimer's as their cause.

Nice article from the main site.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/t...iation-through
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      I won't be venturing outside the Cafe much this week.

It may seem cowardly, but really its more a matter of me containing my own anger at the moment.
      I too shall hide In the cafe away from storms of all sorts.
      65mph winds outside at the moment.
      I know it's bad when it's audible without my hearing aid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I love when they do My Cause My Cleats. Several Broncos have chosen Alzheimer's as their cause.

Nice article from the main site.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/t...iation-through
        Awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post

I too shall hide In the cafe away from storms of all sorts.
          65mph winds outside at the moment.
          I know it's bad when it's audible without my hearing aid!
          Sounds like football weather in Buffalo. Those players are so good that they minimized the errors that come with such cold, windy conditions. Allen made some amazing passes, but the average person has little to measure it to. Punters/kickers are in a nightmare situation, because they have to incorporate the wind into the equation, and it is actually harder for a punter IMO, unless they completely shorten the drop. Otherwise the ball does not land on the foot as it should.

We had a punter here (playing in The CFL) who was a consistently good punter in windy conditions. He somehow could kick lower spirals that cut thru the wind, and often carry 40 yards from the line.

Trivia....sorry.
          Last edited by CanDB; 12-07-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I won't be venturing outside the Cafe much this week.

It may seem cowardly, but really its more a matter of me containing my own anger at the moment.
            The cafe....otherwise known as the "safehouse"
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

The cafe....otherwise known as the "safehouse"
              The negs I would be getting!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ouch-my-feelings-gif-1.gif
Views:	40
Size:	776.6 KB
ID:	8389231

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

The negs I would be getting!!!!!!

Name:	ouch-my-feelings-gif-1.gif
Size:	776.6 KB
ID:	8389231
                Eh i expect to get negs...doesnt hurt my feelings...you can give your negs to me Can!
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Eh i expect to get negs...doesnt hurt my feelings...you can give your negs to me Can!
                  I would if I could!

Comment

I would if I could!
                    Are we not doing black market pos and neg trading in the supply closet of the cafe any more?

.....maybe i shouldnt have said that so loud...
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Are we not doing black market pos and neg trading in the supply closet of the cafe any more?

.....maybe i shouldnt have said that so loud...
                      Shhhhhh.....

Peanut was on to us. Had to shift things up.

Meet me in the freezer in 20.

Comment

Shhhhhh.....

Peanut was on to us. Had to shift things up.

Meet me in the freezer in 20.
                        Sweeeet! Cold negs here i come!!!
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Ice cold!

Speaking of... got our first snow of the season here. Not a whole lot... but enough to snap some quick pictures for memories down the line. We only get a 1-2 real snows here a year, tops... and maybe half a dozen little dustings like last night.

People here really don't understand how mild their winters are. lol

Just gotta enjoy what ya get sometimes though. It was very pretty out this morning walking the dog before the sun came up and started to melt it all.

Comment

Hey AE, not sure if I am reading this correctly, but folks can't neg since the upgrade. I was a loud mouth about my opinion on them, so for me it was a nice upgrade. So many of those anonymous little "gifts" were interesting reading though. Apparently one of them thought I was too Canadian.

Name:	wp2353899.jpg
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	8389296

Who me???

Comment

Ice cold!

Speaking of... got our first snow of the season here. Not a whole lot... but enough to snap some quick pictures for memories down the line. We only get a 1-2 real snows here a year, tops... and maybe half a dozen little dustings like last night.

People here really don't understand how mild their winters are. lol

Just gotta enjoy what ya get sometimes though. It was very pretty out this morning walking the dog before the sun came up and started to melt it all.
                              Light dustings of snow that aren't disruptive are the best.
                              More of the same for us today. Had the fire lit from 11 and we were still cold till teatime!
                              I hope the LPG truck comes at the end of the week, our central heating and cooker runs off gas and we're down to less than 10%.
                              Not looking forward to paying the bill though, fuel prices are scarier than starving Sharks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Hey AE, not sure if I am reading this correctly, but folks can't neg since the upgrade. I was a loud mouth about my opinion on them, so for me it was a nice upgrade. So many of those anonymous little "gifts" were interesting reading though. Apparently one of them thought I was too Canadian.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wp2353899.jpg Views:	9 Size:	102.4 KB ID:	8389296

Who me???

I did not know that but i was slightly being metaphorical

you probably are too canadian but i dont see how thats a bad thing...considering your canadian lol. Isnt that like saying water is wet. I have yet to see any dehydrated water.....but anything is possible i guess. On that note i just figured out by accident that you cant like your own posts lol

Jaws...the prices for anything essential is ludacris. They were just talking about how gas prices are gonna go down here in the states because of less demand.....and that they "released more of their reserve" which they could have done a long time ago but i digress
                                Last edited by armedequation; 12-08-2021, 05:48 PM.
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X