Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

    I'm not sure I'd heard that one before. Love some Yogi Berra quotes.



    I kinda remember garbage pail kids. Wife definitely does, we've talked about them. She has better memory for childhood stuff than I do.

    I got the wife a Cabbage Patch kid that was the same as one she had for Christmas 2020. She loved it. Wasn't a surprise though, she helped me find a few options and then get what I could. Used Ebay... haven't done a lot of that.

    I actually got her two.

    One didn't arrive. I figured with delays in shipping etc, it'd get here eventually. It didn't. By the time I realized it wasn't coming, it was too late for Ebay to take care of me. My bad. Won't make that mistake again.... gotta stay on top of that until you get it.
    One more Yogi quote:

    "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

    Comment


    • OK....I'm a huge Yogi fan. He was such a great, tough little catcher. One more and I'll see how this goes...

      "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

      Comment


      • Man, I could eat a pizza right now. Not sure how I'd have to cut it though.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
          Man, I could eat a pizza right now. Not sure how I'd have to cut it though.
          Roll it up and eat it
          Glen Haven Fire

          Comment


          • Oh boy...now I'm craving pizza too. We're making our own tonight and it's pretty good. Once things settle a bit we'll be picking up from 2 really good local places.

            Pizza is happiness

            Comment


            • Man, I think I'm stuck with some Ribeyes tonight.

              Comment


              • Smoked wings here.

                does it make me hardcore if im doing it in the snow? Askinh for a friend
                Glen Haven Fire

                Comment


                • Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                  Smoked wings here.

                  does it make me hardcore if im doing it in the snow? Askinh for a friend
                  Sorry....I thought for a second you meant you were leaving something yellow in the snow. I guess I am so used to seeing it with the dog.

                  Yes I think you are hardcore, either way.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                    Sorry....I thought for a second you meant you were leaving something yellow in the snow. I guess I am so used to seeing it with the dog.

                    Yes I think you are hardcore, either way.
                    Chuck steak and wings in a snow storm on my smoker...
                    Glen Haven Fire

                    Comment


                    • You guys make me hungry....all over again!

                      Comment


                      • OK gang....I'll leave you with a few more Yogi's:

                        “We’re lost, but we’re making good time.”

                        “Never answer an anonymous letter.”

                        “Half the lies they tell about me aren’t true.”

                        “Always go to other people’s funerals; otherwise they won’t go to yours.”


                        so many more.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          You guys make me hungry....all over again!
                          They were good! And i highly suggest eating
                          Glen Haven Fire

                          Comment


                          • The playoffs "begin" today!!!! (ok they partially started last weekend)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              The playoffs "begin" today!!!! (ok they partially started last weekend)

                              I thought you said "payoffs" and i started to get excited then i realized....
                              Glen Haven Fire

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by armedequation View Post

                                I thought you said "payoffs" and i started to get excited then i realized....
                                Sorry pal....some people were hoping I'd say I am taking a "layoff".

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X