No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the jigsaw puzzle my daughter bought me as part of my birthday gift, which is goofy/fun because it's a bunch of filled coffee cups, turned out to be 2 problems. I knew right away it was going to be hard, because from the angle of the picture, there are not a lot of variations in the puzzle. My wife and I struggled with it for much longer than ever before. 1,000 pieces. Thank goodness it wasn't bigger!

But wait, have you ever had a puzzle with missing pieces??!! It became apparent at some point that a few pieces were not likely to be found. Not the right colours. So we finish last night and 5 pieces missing! Now you can imagine that missing pieces in an already ridiculously hard puzzle can make things even harder.

So, do you folks think of notifying the company, not just because they sold a faulty product, but because it might be good for them to know? Maybe they have a quality assurance problem.

Bottom line, it was very satisfying putting in that last piece (minus 5), so that we could live our lives again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      So the jigsaw puzzle my daughter bought me as part of my birthday gift, which is goofy/fun because it's a bunch of filled coffee cups, turned out to be 2 problems. I knew right away it was going to be hard, because from the angle of the picture, there are not a lot of variations in the picture. My wife and I struggled with it for much longer than ever before. 1,000 pieces. Thank goodness it wasn't bigger!

But wait, have you ever had a puzzle with missing pieces??!! It became apparent at some point that a few pieces were not likely to be found. Not the right colours. So we finish last night and 5 pieces missing! Now you can imagine that missing pieces in an already ridiculously hard puzzle can make things even harder.

So, do you folks think of notifying the company, not just because they sold a faulty product, but because it might be good for them to know? Maybe they have a quality assurance problem.

Bottom line, it was very satisfying putting in that last piece (minus 5), so that we could live our lives again.
      Getting good customer service may be the bigger puzzle....
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

So the jigsaw puzzle my daughter bought me as part of my birthday gift, which is goofy/fun because it's a bunch of filled coffee cups, turned out to be 2 problems. I knew right away it was going to be hard, because from the angle of the picture, there are not a lot of variations in the puzzle. My wife and I struggled with it for much longer than ever before. 1,000 pieces. Thank goodness it wasn't bigger!

Ask the Cat....... if you have one. Jigsaw pieces are fun for them to chew on and hide/lose Or maybe the Dog?????

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Getting good customer service may be the bigger puzzle....
          So right!

Get this, we found an old puzzle gift this morning, and it's 2,000 pieces of Starry Night by Van Gogh. Not happening for the next little while. Too much of the same!

Comment

You dont have a recording for that?
            Automated Response: Yessir, we're working on that now.

Comment

• I'm already scheming to get my wife to make Long Johns. I love apple fritters, but if she can replicate those Long Johns from my youth, with the amazing texture, and light, not too sweet chocolate icing, I may have to double up my workouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Automated Response: Yessir, we're working on that now.
                Ever see last action hero with arnold? His automated response for his wife is what i was thinking...

my workout is my kids....i will be in trouble when they dont want to wrestle with me anymore
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Ever see last action hero with arnold? His automated response for his wife is what i was thinking...

my workout is my kids....i will be in trouble when they dont want to wrestle with me anymore
                  Aaaaaarnold!!!

Him and Clint should have had a staring contest or something. But I would suggest Clint hangs on to the gun.

Comment

Aaaaaarnold!!!

Him and Clint should have had a staring contest or something. But I would suggest Clint hangs on to the gun.
                    This one here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...NXMA4kW-RdcYYD
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

There is no bathroom!!!

Tell that to kids, or older dudes like me....in the middle of the night.

Here's Clint, always the tough guy, but maybe losing some faculties....

Click image for larger version

Name:	clint-eastwood-gran-torino-gif-2.gif
Views:	19
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	8403632

Comment

There is no bathroom!!!

Tell that to kids, or older dudes like me....in the middle of the night.

Here's Clint, always the tough guy, but maybe losing some faculties....

Click image for larger version

Name:	clint-eastwood-gran-torino-gif-2.gif
Views:	19
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	8403632
                        Nah thats just me when i want my donuts and someone tells me no...
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Nah thats just me when i want my donuts and someone tells me no...
                          Well in that case, I am protecting myself at the cafe with my loaded finger as well. Just warning to anyone who thinks they can take my fritter, or long john. I'm a friendly chap, but if you see me reach for my finger....well, you get it.

Comment

• So there's this amazing mexican-asian fusion restaurant that opened in the past few years... just tried it a few months back and it was amazing. (Ate outside on a beautiful day).

Even better, it's still amazing when we order it delivered. Downside is that I can't order one of their super awesome margaritas for delivery, but oh well.

They provide a dipping sauce with a lot of their tacos. It's great. I dip about 1/3 of my bites.

We had it last night. Super amazing. Love it.

I took a few sips of the dip though when I finished, because I'm trying to peg it. I could look up their menu to get a better idea, but oh well.

I think the dip worked as a lubricant to my digestive system though. Was already having a bit of a rough day in that regard.... but ooooof.

Took my temp to make sure it wasn't something else... and who knows...

But I'm afraid to even mention it to the wife... because I don't want her to not order it again in the future. Place is SOOOOOO good.

Edit: It's a consommé.
                            Last edited by LordTrychon; 01-26-2022, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                              So there's this amazing mexican-asian fusion restaurant that opened in the past few years... just tried it a few months back and it was amazing. (Ate outside on a beautiful day).

Even better, it's still amazing when we order it delivered. Downside is that I can't order one of their super awesome margaritas for delivery, but oh well.

They provide a dipping sauce with a lot of their tacos. It's great. I dip about 1/3 of my bites.

We had it last night. Super amazing. Love it.

I took a few sips of the dip though when I finished, because I'm trying to peg it. I could look up their menu to get a better idea, but oh well.

I think the dip worked as a lubricant to my digestive system though. Was already having a bit of a rough day in that regard.... but ooooof.

Took my temp to make sure it wasn't something else... and who knows...

But I'm afraid to even mention it to the wife... because I don't want her to not order it again in the future. Place is SOOOOOO good.

Lol im interested in the mexican asian cross...how do they do that?
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Sounds interesting. Never actually heard of that before. I like both so how can you go wrong!

I could mix some in with all that pastry I consume.

*not really much pastry, but I love to think about it, and there are a lot less calories thinking vs eating

Comment

Working...
                                X