• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

And yet my phone isn't ringing.

What's the world coming to?
    I don't get it!!

Hey, if someone calls and is also looking for a GM, well, I have a lofty, unsupported view of my credentials and skills, but please give them my name and number. Here it is:

Dave, who thinks he's #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Lol im interested in the mexican asian cross...how do they do that?
      Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

https://agaveandrye.com/

It's not a strict Asian-Mexican fusion... they have a few other fusion things, and they have some straight Mexican things...

Like what I had was just the Pollo Street taco....

But.... for the fusion... things like Kung Pao Chimichanga, Carne Asada Eggroll... but then their Epic tacos have all sorts of combos you've never heard of.... like

If you ever want to talk about Japanese / Southern (South Carolina), let me know. Took me until adulthood to realize what was southern and what was Japanese with my mother's combos.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

If you ever want to talk about Japanese / Southern (South Carolina), let me know. Took me until adulthood to realize what was southern and what was Japanese with my mother's combos.
        Sure! Whats your favorite dishes?
        im sure you can tell that we love talking about food
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Sure! Whats your favorite dishes?
          im sure you can tell that we love talking about food
          It's really not like what LT posted (Kung Pao Chimichanga). Just little additions. Rice with butter and soy sauce (butter is the southern addition). Grits with soy sauce. Fried green tomatoes with soy sauce (I always thought fried green tomatoes was Japanese). See a pattern? There were other things, just can't think of them right now.
          Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Are you referring to leftwich or quinn?
            Leftwich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

It's really not like what LT posted (Kung Pao Chimichanga). Just little additions. Rice with butter and soy sauce (butter is the southern addition). Grits with soy sauce. Fried green tomatoes with soy sauce (I always thought fried green tomatoes was Japanese). See a pattern? There were other things, just can't think of them right now.
              Soy sauce FTW!

I'm actually out of soy sauce and need to go after some.

Comment

• Gah, people can be so insufferable....

Comment

• Haha....new HC and the first pages are quite negative. Makes it easy to spot the positive folks.

I get a sense some prefer when we're losing. Makes it easier to criticize.

Comment

• Thing is, no matter what happens or what choices are made, there's always going to be people that disagree with it.

Those who are upset are almost always the most vocal.

It's unavoidable, I guess... but it can be so tiring as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                      Thing is, no matter what happens or what choices are made, there's always going to be people that disagree with it.

Those who are upset are almost always the most vocal.

It's unavoidable, I guess... but it can be so tiring as well.
                      I think most of us will only be really critical sparingly, when in fact there is a real issue involved. Whereas I think there are people who tend to see the negative, even without valid reason.

I often use this thought, but in it's simplest form, it quickly differentiated some for me. I'd go to work and say "hi", "nice day" and then there were some...."it's going to rain tomorrow". I kept walking.

I learned a long time ago that negativity can be infectious, because it's easy to knock anyone, anything. And when you see that type of behaviour brewing, it's best to either bring in more positive folks, or just leave. Lets be real, even if some of it is warranted, who would you rather hang with, a positive or negative person? I sometimes think of those types as energy drainers. In fact, if there was a stat for who is more productive, happy and respected, I know where my money is.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 01-27-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• I have a general positive outlook I work to maintain. It's not always easy, and downers make it harder than it has to be.

It's ok to be a bit pessimistic and doubtful, and I love having good quality discussions and debates with those I can disagree with who are also reasonable.... but that's harder to find than I'd like.

Comment

• One piece of advice I like to give folks who are looking for positivity......hang with positive people. From my wonderful experience, having a group of positive people in your life, in different parts of your life, will almost always keep you in a good way, and rubs off on you very nicely. I have had them in my family, my oldest friends, at work, in sports, in various places. So for me, lucky that I was, almost everywhere I went I had those shining lights within view. And I am not talking rah rah types. I am talking about good people, who just seem to be happy with themselves and their lives, no matter what was going on. They typically smile readily, listen, and care about others.

You can find them, here, there and everywhere, and once you do, the negativity of others diminishes rather quickly.

Comment

• The hard part at times is simply not engaging.

Generally, these are the people you know you can't change their mind, and there is just no point to engaging, but sometimes it's really hard.

Comment

• We joke here, but the comment..."there will be disagreement", is an expectation these days, and not an anomaly. And it applied to when we were losing, and I knew it would continue beyond, into new HC, QB, owner, FA, The Draft, trades, and on and on.

So yeah, I am sure none of us are too surprised anymore. I am more surprised when there's significant agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I think most of us will only be really critical sparingly, when in fact there is a real issue involved. Whereas I think there are people who tend to see the negative, even without valid reason.

I often use this thought, but in it's simplest form, it quickly differentiated some for me. I'd go to work and say "hi", "nice day" and then there were some...."it's going to rain tomorrow". I kept walking.

I learned a long time ago that negativity can be infectious, because it's easy to knock anyone, anything. And when you see that type of behaviour brewing, it's best to either bring in more positive folks, or just leave. Lets be real, even if some of it is warranted, who would you rather hang with, a positive or negative person? I sometimes think of those types as energy drainers. In fact, if there was a stat for who is more productive, happy and respected, I know where my money is.
                                For some of us, "it's going to rain tomorrow" is a positive statement because we like rain. If I said it with a smile, would you still keep walking?

I know. It's only a general example. But sometimes when something appears to be negative, it really isn't. Does that make sense? It did in my head.
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Working...
                                X